Mafia 63.5

House Targaryen

[quote name='Handy' post='1744960' date='Apr 4 2009, 17.54']There's little to base things on? On day 1? Are you smurfin' serious?!

Test question, Grouchy: do you like good? ;)[/quote]

It is a good thing I have dropped the RP. :lol:

Grouchy always said "hate" to everything. ;)

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

2 votes for Hefty (Smurfette, Harmony)
1 vote for Brainy (Grouchy)
1 vote for Greedy (Lazy Smurf)
1 vote for Jokey (Greedy)
1 vote for Lazy Smurf (Vanity)
1 vote for Smurfette (Hefty)

3 players have not voted: Brainy, Handy, Jokey.

[i]Papa Smurf will go to bed now which means that you're alone for the next 6.5 hours. I will have a look at you next morning before I have to leave again for approx 6 hours. After that I will have lots of time to take care of you.[/i]

[quote name='Grouchy' post='1744929' date='Apr 4 2009, 22.13']*giggles* I hate giggling.

Looks like every Smurf has smurfed in.

Ready to leave the RP behind and get down to business?[/quote]

Ok then. What is the point of this post? If you want to move from RP to serious phase (a laudable aim) then make a serious post or point out something you find suspicious. I don't like this as an attempt to gain some trust points from the group without actually contributing anything, [b]Grouchy[/b]

[quote name='Lazy Smurf' post='1745011' date='Apr 4 2009, 18.52']Ok then. What is the point of this post? If you want to move from RP to serious phase (a laudable aim) then make a serious post or point out something you find suspicious. I don't like this as an attempt to gain some trust points from the group without actually contributing anything, [b]Grouchy[/b][/quote]

Not Really. I haven't seen much suspicious yet. Maybe Vanity's 3rd vote? but I don't count the rp votes as meaning much and they are very easy to take away.

I could go [b]Grouchy[/b] right now. His answer to the test question 'Do you like good?' was to explain his RP (hating everything). I know it wasn't a serious question, but Grouchy's answer was slightly defensive where it had no need to be.

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745088' date='Apr 4 2009, 20.36']I could go [b]Grouchy[/b] right now. His answer to the test question 'Do you like good?' was to explain his RP (hating everything). I know it wasn't a serious question, but Grouchy's answer was slightly defensive where it had no need to be.[/quote]
:rolleyes:

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745106' date='Apr 4 2009, 20.58']And your point is?

Do you have something better ... or anything at all?[/quote]

I don't have anything. I have already said that. You asked a trick question, being a smurf expert :P , I avoided your clumsy and silly trap.

ets: sorry it was Handy's question...it was done as a joke and so was the response, Which was why I rolled my eyes at your taking it serious.

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Hefty (Smurfette, Harmony, Vanity)
2 votes for Grouchy (Lazy Smurf, Hefty)
1 vote for Brainy (Grouchy)
1 vote for Jokey (Greedy)

3 players have not voted: Brainy, Handy, Jokey.

[quote name='Grouchy' post='1745196' date='Apr 4 2009, 22.08']I don't have anything. I have already said that.[/quote]
Well that was kind of my point. You want things to move in a serious direction, but are unwilling to start anything. You could easily have put a vote on Vanity for his third vote on me, but you took the middle of the road response. You don't have to believe it's actually suspicious or want to see Vanity lynched for it, but by putting it out there you get a response.

[quote name='Grouchy' post='1745196' date='Apr 4 2009, 22.08']it was done as a joke and so was the response, Which was why I rolled my eyes at your taking it serious.[/quote]
I knew the question was a joke, but your response struck me as slightly off. My reasoning is this:

1. You say 'are we done with RP and ready to get serious? Cool'
2. some more joking goes on and you pipe in with 'I hate evil' (RP) and then say something serious.
3. Handy asks you 'do you like good?'
4 you laugh and say 'good thing I'm done with RP - you see, it was only RP before when I said I hated everything.'

I think if you would have said 'I hate good' and went on with things, it wouldn't have registered with me at all. It was you trying to avoid the trap (which was obviously a joke) that seemed a bit awkward. You really hadn't ended your RP, even though you had said you wanted to move on. You say your response was a joke too, but I don't see the joke - just a good-natured dodge and explanation.

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745414' date='Apr 5 2009, 07.11']Well that was kind of my point. You want things to move in a serious direction, but are unwilling to start anything. You could easily have put a vote on Vanity for his third vote on me, but you took the middle of the road response. You don't have to believe it's actually suspicious or want to see Vanity lynched for it, but by putting it out there you get a response.

I knew the question was a joke, but your response struck me as slightly off. My reasoning is this:

1. You say 'are we done with RP and ready to get serious? Cool'
2. some more joking goes on and you pipe in with 'I hate evil' (RP) and then say something serious.
3. Handy asks you 'do you like good?'
4 you laugh and say 'good thing I'm done with RP - you see, it was only RP before when I said I hated everything.'

I think if you would have said 'I hate good' and went on with things, it wouldn't have registered with me at all. It was you trying to avoid the trap (which was obviously a joke) that seemed a bit awkward. You really hadn't ended your RP, even though you had said you wanted to move on. You say your response was a joke too, but I don't see the joke - just a good-natured dodge and explanation.[/quote]

you're right. I should have said I hate good. Thanks. Next time I will respond that way.

I thought the whole thing funny. I was laughing when I wrote it. The second part was for those who don't know the smufs well. :unsure:

[quote name='Grouchy' post='1745196' date='Apr 5 2009, 04.08']I don't have anything. I have already said that. You asked a trick question, being a smurf expert :P , I avoided your clumsy and silly trap.

ets: sorry it was Handy's question...it was done as a joke and so was the response, Which was why I rolled my eyes at your taking it serious.[/quote]

Well, how are people meant to move from RP to serious if not by looking for serious things in the RP posts? It seems like you've been accused of defensiveness so have gone the smiley-i'm-not-bothered-by-your-comment underdefensive route to compensate. Maybe you are new or something, but that doesn't give you a pass for suspicious behaviour. I see no reason to move my vote. And Hefty is right - your comment on Vanity screams middle-of-the-road. If you are innocent, then explain that more and put a vote down and see people's reactions.

[quote name='Vanity' post='1745000' date='Apr 5 2009, 00.40']Just as a matter of practicality, we should vote off one of either Handy or [b]Hefty[/b]. Their names are too close to each other.[/quote]

I'm a bit worried about this post. Why do you vote Hefty out of the two of us? Not that I particularly enjoy having votes on me, but getting a player halfway to lynch within the first 12h of the game is a bit dangerous, as far as I see it.

Archived