Mafia 63.5

House Targaryen

My vote on Hefty was not all that serious, but now that he seems to be pouncing on every little thing I am liking it more.

I thought both "cases" he brings up were both in a joking mode and didn't take then very serious.

I realize there isn't much to go on, but we need to look somewhere. While those comments were obvious jokes, Hefty is taking them way to seriously. Question is, is he an over excited innocent or a bad guy who was feeling pressure and looking to throw suspicion in every direction but his own?

So, my joking RP vote on Hefty just became a bona fide real vote.

Why?

Lazy makes a fair (albeit short) case on grumpy. A couple of posts later Hefty jumps on the bandwagon with a terrible case of his own. Different case to avoid looking like bandwagon, check. Still seeming like one to me, check. Over defending his case when called out on it by the grump, check mate.

As far as day 1's go, I'm quite happy that Hefty is being WAY more suspicious here than grumpy.

[quote name='Vanity' post='1745468' date='Apr 5 2009, 14.30']My vote on Hefty was not all that serious, but now that he seems to be pouncing on every little thing I am liking it more.

I thought both "cases" he brings up were both in a joking mode and didn't take then very serious.

I realize there isn't much to go on, but we need to look somewhere. While those comments were obvious jokes, Hefty is taking them way to seriously. Question is, is he an over excited innocent or a bad guy who was feeling pressure and looking to throw suspicion in every direction but his own?[/quote]

I don't think Hefty stretched anything too far. What he did do was get the ball rolling on the first serious discussion on the game - not a suspicious act in anyone's book. I think a bad guy would find a better plan would be just to lie low; it's not like he was under any particular pressure at the time.

Oh I also think Handy is a bit suspicious. When I first read the last few posts I sympathised with him but on reread, his comment on Vanity is a) unoriginal; it had already been mentioned a couple of times so this is not something novel that Handy is adding, b) a bit of a rubbish point - halfway to lynch in joke votes is probably not ideal, but it's not like the baddies are going to pounce on it in the hope of a quick lynch, c) unsupported by a vote. What kind of pressure is Vanity meant to feel when there is no vote on him?

I still find Grouchy more suspicious, but I'm not liking Handy either at the moment.

a) maybe not adding, but looking at it from a different point of view, being the other person mentioned in that post. And I still don't know why Hefty and not me. Ok, if it's random it's 50/50, but still.
b) ok, there's little hope that baddies are stupid enough to do that on day one.
c) it worked though, didn't it?

I prefer waiting with my votes until I actually have stronger suspicions.

Ok, that's a reasonable response Handy

[quote name='Hefty' post='1744962' date='Apr 4 2009, 22.55']So far we have ... um, nothing.

My vote on Smurfette was a joke vote, but now I will kick it up to slightly serious because she was so eager to post. Who's eager to play? Evil of course.

Foolproof my case is.[/quote]

Anyway, I hadn't thought of Hefty as suspicious at all before Smurfette said that she did (the value of different perspectives) but on reread I know what she means. I think it's cos I hadn't read carefully enough before so when they were talking about some RP question I didn't know what they were talking about. But on reread the above post by Hefty, which says to me, 'look, i'm (clutching at straws to) make a serious point, but don't actually take it seriously for heaven's sake! it's only [i]slightly[/i] serious!'

Of course I was clutching at straws with the Smurfette vote ... and what? You have to start somewhere.

And I resent that Smurfette called my case on Grouchy terrible. :P I wasn't voting Grouchy because of Lazy's case, but for my own reasons. What you call overdefending, I call justifying my gut. I know my suspicion is based on a feeling, so I have to try and make you guys understand why I feel that way. That and I tend to talk too much - which is probably most of it.

[quote name='Handy' post='1745495' date='Apr 5 2009, 09.11']I prefer waiting with my votes until I actually have stronger suspicions.[/quote]

All I'm gonna say about this statement is that Daniel LaRusso (the player) said basically the same thing on day 1 (?) last big game ... :ninja:

(pssst - he was bad)

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Hefty (Smurfette, Harmony, Vanity)
2 votes for Brainy (Grouchy, Handy)
2 votes for Grouchy (Lazy Smurf, Hefty)
1 vote for Handy (Brainy)
1 vote for Jokey (Greedy)

1 players have not voted: Jokey.

ETA: [b]NAKED SMURF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b] :leaving:

[quote name='Handy' post='1745524' date='Apr 5 2009, 17.11']And why would that be, oh paragon of contribution? :P[/quote]For reasons already mentioned by other players. I will not repeat them.
It's quite difficult to find original evidence when being late.

[quote name='Handy' post='1745524' date='Apr 5 2009, 10.11']Hefty, would it make you feel better if I voted for you?[/quote]

Not really :/

So what happened to 'I like to have strong suspicions before throwing around my vote'? I must have missed the part where you proved Brainy was playing, ergo evil ;)

I'll be around until almost lynch, if not lynch itself. By around I may leave the pc for half hour to an hour at a time but will always return.

I'm happy with my vote where it is, but don't particularly like Handy's OMGUS on Brainy a couple of posts after he made a point of stating "I prefer waiting with my votes until I actually have stronger suspicions."

I dislike the case on Grouchy, who I've been calling Grumpy. Smurf, not Dwarf...

I don't think any other cases or viable lynches have been put forward have they?

I can't guarantee that I will be here at the buzzer either. I am okay sticking with Hefty for now. I don't buy the case against Grouchy. He's entertaining and I did not find his "get down to business" post suspicious. I am not real keen to switch to Brainy either. He hasn't said enough to judge, and neither has Vanity or Smurfette. I am wondering when Greedy might be back....

[quote name='Harmony' post='1745627' date='Apr 5 2009, 19.34']I can't guarantee that I will be here at the buzzer either. I am okay sticking with Hefty for now. I don't buy the case against Grouchy. He's entertaining and I did not find his "get down to business" post suspicious. I am not real keen to switch to Brainy either. He hasn't said enough to judge, and neither has Vanity or Smurfette. I am wondering when Greedy might be back....[/quote]And why didn't you mention Handy at all?

I find it odd that all three of the votes on me that started as RP have now been upgraded to serious votes. I don't know what to make of it, but it seems ... just weird. A little bit lazy and safe if you're an FM, cause you're not in a suspicious place mob-wise. I don't know, but it's strange for what it's worth.

[b]remove vote[/b]

Handy looks slightly worse to me than Grouchy, but I honestly wouldn't mind voting off a random low poster. Jokey comes to mind.

(I'll be around checking in off and on until crunch time)

Archived