Mafia 63.5

House Targaryen

Just to mention my thoughts on everyone then:

I am a little suspicious of Jokey and Greedy because of their posting pattern. participating in role play and then disappearing for the more serious stuff is suspicious. yes, I know that most of us are time constrained, etc, etc. but whatever.

Lazy and Handy are participating more, which I like. There are stirring things up a little. I can't say that I am leaning either way on them yet. I may not agree with their cases, but that doesn't make them baddies, especially on day 1.

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745657' date='Apr 6 2009, 04.59']I find it odd that all three of the votes on me that started as RP have now been upgraded to serious votes. I don't know what to make of it, but it seems ... just weird. A little bit lazy and safe if you're an FM, cause you're not in a suspicious place mob-wise. I don't know, but it's strange for what it's worth.[/quote]

Lazy, maybe. But you are as good a lynch as anybody at the moment. Too little action on day one. Who is the best alternative lynch to you? Handy?

[quote name='Harmony' post='1745653' date='Apr 5 2009, 19.55']Ummm.. I don't know. I didn't mention Lazy or Jokey, either.[/quote]Lazy or Jokey aren't potential lynch target. Handy is. He is accused/seriously voted by a number of players. So it's rather interesting that you failed to mention him, while commenting on me, Vanity and Smurfette who all are less perspective lynches than him. Well, perhaps not me, I can't judge about my own position objectively, but Vanity and Smurfette are obviously in lesser league.

What about Lazy and Handy do you like better than me? Specifically you said you don't necessarily agree with their cases, but that doesn't make them evil. Your vote on me is because you don't like my case on Grouchy if I remember right. So why can you disagree with Lazy and Handy without thinking them evil, but you disagree with my case and think I'm the most likely killer?

edit: directed at Harmony

Well, perhaps I am too agitated about probable Harmony/Handy connection but now it looks very like one of several games where we effectively won at day 1 by noticing some links between a suspect and some players giving him a hidden support. It worked more than once. So I am really more eager to see CF result on Handy than on any other player.

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745657' date='Apr 5 2009, 13.59']I find it odd that all three of the votes on me that started as RP have now been upgraded to serious votes. I don't know what to make of it, but it seems ... just weird. A little bit lazy and safe if you're an FM, cause you're not in a suspicious place mob-wise. I don't know, but it's strange for what it's worth.[/quote]

I don't get this. How do any of us look better based on the joke vote positioning than we would have either putting a real vote on someone else or putting a real vote on you without having had that joke vote? We haven't slid silently into real vote status, but rather made actual cases...

Or did the evil amongst us joke vote you KNOWING you'd then fuck up and do evil-looking things?

I doubt even the best Mafia player on earth could anticipate that...

Or was it lazy and the easy way out for Vanity and I to attack you at a time that you and Lazy were attacking Grouchy? Surely the lazy, safe thing to do is hop onto the Grouchy train?

you confuse me. :)

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Hefty (Smurfette, Harmony, Vanity)
2 votes for Brainy (Grouchy, Handy)
1 vote for Grouchy (Lazy Smurf)
1 vote for Handy (Brainy)
1 vote for Jokey (Greedy)

2 players have not voted: Hefty, Jokey.

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745686' date='Apr 5 2009, 20.45']I think you're getting your hopes up on the Handy/Harmony connection, but stranger things have happened :dunno:[/quote]
Of course. I am in no way sure Handy is guilty, stranger things do happen indeed.
But now I am quite sure that CF result on Handy, guilty or not, would give us more info than CF result on you or Grouchy, not even speaking about any other player.
Though, situation might change before the end of the day, of course. But I won't see this, alas. Bye until tomorrow, people.

[quote name='Brainy' post='1745666' date='Apr 6 2009, 05.08']Lazy or Jokey aren't potential lynch target. Handy is. He is accused/seriously voted by a number of players. So it's rather interesting that you failed to mention him, while commenting on me, Vanity and Smurfette who all are less perspective lynches than him. Well, perhaps not me, I can't judge about my own position objectively, but Vanity and Smurfette are obviously in lesser league.[/quote]

I think everyone is a potential lynch target on day 1. If you are saying that it is too late to lynch Lazy or jokey (or Greedy for that matter) I suppose that depends on how many people are around at the end of the day.

At this point, you have the only actual, current, vote on Handy, serious or otherwise. Let's not blow it out of proportion.

You can't judge your own position objectively? Is that because you are somehow biased toward yourself? Gee, thanks for disclosing the obvious.

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745562' date='Apr 5 2009, 18.02']So what happened to 'I like to have strong suspicions before throwing around my vote'? I must have missed the part where you proved Brainy was playing, ergo evil ;)[/quote]

That wasn't suspicion (not at that point, now it is though), he just smurfed me off. Principles are there to be broken.

Brainy, I really don't get your unhealthy fixation on me. Random people have accused me or voted for me? Hefty asked me something and declared himself happy with my answer, that's about all of it.

I'll be around for a while, maybe until nightfall. Going to reread some stuff in the meantime.

ETA: it was Vanity who asked me, and Hefty to a lesser extend, none of which pursued the matter any further at that point.

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745669' date='Apr 6 2009, 05.11']What about Lazy and Handy do you like better than me? Specifically you said you don't necessarily agree with their cases, but that doesn't make them evil. Your vote on me is because you don't like my case on Grouchy if I remember right. So why can you disagree with Lazy and Handy without thinking them evil, but you disagree with my case and think I'm the most likely killer?

edit: directed at Harmony[/quote]

Well, to be honest, there is not a lot of difference between you. My vote on you was because you didn't know who Peewee was, and suggested that there was a smurf called "Mango" which is an obvious fabrication.

Later, you joined a lame case against grouchy. It's not exactly an airtight case. :P At the same time, you shouldn't assume that I am not suspicious of Lazy or Handy. Indeed, I am. I was attempting to imply that on day 1 people make lame cases just to make something happen. Lazy could be doing that without necessarily being evil. No smurf is above suspicion.

Archived