Mafia 63.5

House Targaryen

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745507' date='Apr 5 2009, 15.39']Of course I was clutching at straws with the Smurfette vote ... and what? You have to start somewhere.[/quote]

My objection was that you deliberately denigrated your own point almost as if you wanted people not to take it seriously. If you are going to do that, there's no point making it. As an innocent there's no need to be too cautious.

[quote name='Handy' post='1745524' date='Apr 5 2009, 16.11']And why would that be, oh paragon of contribution? :P
[b]Brainy[/b][/quote]

Eh? Is this just a pure example of an OMGUS vote? or is there any substance behind it, other that brainy's relative low contribution?

[quote name='Smurfette' post='1745693' date='Apr 5 2009, 19.52']Pfft. You just want to get into my pants![/quote][quote name='Hefty' post='1745698' date='Apr 5 2009, 19.54']Is it working?[/quote][quote name='Smurfette' post='1745703' date='Apr 5 2009, 19.57']Over my cold, dead bo.... Wait, as a likely killer, I shouldn't say stuff like that to you, just in case you survive the day![/quote]

Hmmm, it's not game 4 anymore, continued [s]fun[/s] RP is likely to confuse and annoy, imo. Sorry if i'm being a killjoy, but i find it helps knowing whether people are serious or not, and adding in jokes/RP at this stage doesn't help.

Anyway, i still find grouchy most suspicious, but will change for the lycnh if necessary. Back later.

Sorry folks. Something came up. While I am very happy where my vote is I will be around at the end of the day and am willing to change it if needed for the lynch.

I am not sure what to think of the Harmony/Handy connection. It could have been an honest mistake and she did also leave off a couple other names. Of the names she left off, why was Handy the one you focused on?

[quote name='Handy' post='1745743' date='Apr 5 2009, 14.41']Hefty asked me something and declared himself happy with my answer, that's about all of it.[/quote]
Um ... no? I think that was someone else who was ok with your answer.

[quote name='Harmony' post='1745744' date='Apr 5 2009, 14.42']My vote on you was because you didn't know who Peewee was, and suggested that there was a smurf called "Mango" which is an obvious fabrication.[/quote]
You're calling me a liar? I'm hurt.
[quote]Mango Smurf lived in the tropics for years and enjoys peace and quiet, but after eating ajo becomes more affectionate. Mango Smurf gets along best with animals, most notably an unnamed duck. He usually wears a pair of pajama bottoms and sandals.[/quote] from [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_in_The_Smurfs"]here[/url]

[quote name='Harmony' post='1745744' date='Apr 5 2009, 14.42']Later, you joined a lame case against grouchy.[/quote]
I made my own case against Grouchy that happened to be after Lazy made his case. Smurfette thinks I'm suspicious because I made my own point, you think I'm suspicious because I joined in. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

[quote name='Lazy Smurf' post='1745771' date='Apr 5 2009, 14.58']My objection was that you deliberately denigrated your own point almost as if you wanted people not to take it seriously.[/quote]
Well it was a silly case and I myself didn't take it seriously. I could have made a strong statement and pretended it had merit, but we were still transitioning from RP so I guess I didn't see the need to. I was just looking for something to talk about and you never know what will spark a conversation.

[quote name='Lazy Smurf' post='1745771' date='Apr 5 2009, 14.58']Sorry if i'm being a killjoy, but i find it helps knowing whether people are serious or not, and adding in jokes/RP at this stage doesn't help.[/quote]
Mostly I agree, but quick exchanges of humor are fine in my book. It is a game after all :)

Hopefully Greedy is done with his re-read soon and maybe Jokey will show up soon. Although it's not suspicious in and of itself to be low-profile, it is frustrating and on day 1, I don't have a huge problem with voting one of them off. It's way too easy to lay low and not give anyone an excuse to latch onto you if you don't have to.

If I felt that someone had made a fairly scummy post, I would feel different, but right now I just have vague impressions and nothing is really hitting me as decidedly evil so far.

[quote name='Vanity' post='1745000' date='Apr 4 2009, 23.40']Just as a matter of practicality, we should vote off one of either Handy or [b]Hefty[/b]. Their names are too close to each other.[/quote]

This post looks bad. A third joke vote on the same player brings them halfway to a lynch. And for anyone who says "Well, it doesn't matter, joke votes don't lead to a lynch", clearly it has this time.

I realise that i'm saying nothing original here, it's been brought up before, without anyone voting.

[quote name='Vanity' post='1745468' date='Apr 5 2009, 14.30']My vote on Hefty was not all that serious, but now that he seems to be pouncing on every little thing I am liking it more.

I thought both "cases" he brings up were both in a joking mode and didn't take then very serious.

I realize there isn't much to go on, but we need to look somewhere. While those comments were obvious jokes, Hefty is taking them way to seriously. Question is, is he an over excited innocent or a bad guy who was feeling pressure and looking to throw suspicion in every direction but his own?[/quote]

Vanity then makes no sense here.

The case on Hefty was [i]"not all that serious"[/i]? Does that imply that it was partly serious to anyone else? Surely the "all that" would be left out of the explanation if it was a total joke vote? But it clearly was a joke vote, you can't seriously vote for someone because their name is similar to someone else's name . So Vanity does not seem sure about Vanity's own joke vote.... or is trying to justify it after the fact.

Which brings us to [i]"he seems to be pouncing on every little thing"[/i], justifying the vote after the fact. Hefty was indeed pushing a case on Grouchy, which was clearly an attempt to get the came moving by yes, pouncing on a small thing. Because unless we pounce on small things on day 1 we'll never get the game moving. I don't find this supicious at all, in fact I applaud it.

Then there's [i]"I realize there isn't much to go on, but we need to look somewhere."[/i] This seems to me to contradict Vanity's own statement above. If there isn't much to go on, but we need to look somewhere, why is Hefty suspicious for pouncing on small things? Surely if there isn't much to go on, pouncing on small things is what we need to do?

I wonder if there's time to get a lynch going on [b]Vanity[/b]?

Well, if the other option is me, you can count me in ;)

The main thing that makes me hesitate on Vanity is that he early on said we should lynch Lazy because he said he doesn't have much time to play. I don't see that as something an evil player would say, because of course they would rather keep a low-profile player around. Other than that, I see your point on Vanity.

[quote name='Harmony' post='1745627' date='Apr 5 2009, 18.34']I can't guarantee that I will be here at the buzzer either. I am okay sticking with Hefty for now. I don't buy the case against Grouchy. He's entertaining and I did not find his "get down to business" post suspicious. I am not real keen to switch to Brainy either. He hasn't said enough to judge, and neither has Vanity or Smurfette. I am wondering when Greedy might be back....[/quote]

[quote name='Harmony' post='1745665' date='Apr 5 2009, 19.08']Lazy, maybe. But you are as good a lynch as anybody at the moment. Too little action on day one. Who is the best alternative lynch to you? Handy?[/quote]

Harmony, are you only voting for Hefty because Hefty is the top lynch choice?

[quote name='Harmony' post='1745744' date='Apr 5 2009, 20.42']Well, to be honest, there is not a lot of difference between you. My vote on you was because you didn't know who Peewee was, and suggested that there was a smurf called "Mango" which is an obvious fabrication.

Later, you joined a lame case against grouchy. It's not exactly an airtight case. :P At the same time, you shouldn't assume that I am not suspicious of Lazy or Handy. Indeed, I am. I was attempting to imply that on day 1 people make lame cases just to make something happen. Lazy could be doing that without necessarily being evil. No smurf is above suspicion.[/quote]

Or are you voting for Hefty because Hefty made a rubbish case against Grouchy? Because you proceed to say that you're implying that "[i]on day 1 people make lame cases just to make something happen. Lazy could be doing that without necessarily being evil.[/i]", which seems to me to be a defence of that very same behaviour. Am I misinterpreting this? Because you're contradicting yourself, IMO, just like Vanity.

I know Hefty, I noticed it on rereading, I put an edit into the post.

Lazy, my vote on Brainy started out as pure OMGUS, but with the delusions he's having lately (I mean, the least you could do when accusing somebody is deigning to say why, instead of refusing to and refering to some non-cases. And the Harmony thing...so Harmony doesn't mention me and some other people in his post. Clearly we must be the killers. Let me klobber myself to death with my log.), it's staying where it is, for now.

[quote name='Greedy' post='1745796' date='Apr 5 2009, 22.23']This post looks bad. A third joke vote on the same player brings them halfway to a lynch. And for anyone who says "Well, it doesn't matter, joke votes don't lead to a lynch", clearly it has this time.

I realise that i'm saying nothing original here, it's been brought up before, without anyone voting.

Vanity then makes no sense here.

The case on Hefty was [i]"not all that serious"[/i]? Does that imply that it was partly serious to anyone else? Surely the "all that" would be left out of the explanation if it was a total joke vote? But it clearly was a joke vote, you can't seriosuly vote for someone because their name is similar to someone else's name . So Vanity does not seem sure about Vanity's own joke vote.... or is trying to justify it after the fact.[/quote]

Perhaps it is just a matter of language?

[quote]Which brings us to [i]"he seems to be pouncing on every little thing"[/i], justifying the vote after the fact. Hefty was indeed pushing a case on Grouchy, which was clearly an attempt to get the came moving by yes, pouncing on a small thing. Because unless we pounce on small things on day 1 we'll never get the game moving. I don't find this supicious at all, in fact I applaud it.[/quote]

and when you add that to the other "issues" Heftymentioned it did seem like he was pouncing on little things. We can disagree. Neither of us were doing anything after all.

[quote]Then there's [i]"I realize there isn't much to go on, but we need to look somewhere."[/i] This seems to me to contradict Vanity's own statement above. If there isn't much to go on, but we need to look somewhere, why is Hefty suspicious for pouncing on small things? Surely if there isn't much to go on, pouncing on small things is what we need to do?[/quote]
It is an admission that the case on Hefty is not very good. No shame there.

[quote name='Vanity' post='1745811' date='Apr 5 2009, 21.34']Perhaps it is just a matter of language?[/quote]

Maybe.

[quote]and when you add that to the other "issues" Heftymentioned it did seem like he was pouncing on little things. We can disagree. Neither of us were doing anything after all.

It is an admission that the case on Hefty is not very good. No shame there.[/quote]

But my problem is that, yes, Hefty was "pouncing on little things". Yes, his case on Grouchy was rubbish. You proceed to say that your own case isn't very good, and that's OK because it's what we need to do on day 1. I agree with you, but that's what you're attacking Hefty for! You can't have it both ways.

[quote name='Vanity' post='1745789' date='Apr 5 2009, 21.16']Sorry folks. Something came up. While I am very happy where my vote is I will be around at the end of the day and am willing to change it if needed for the lynch.

I am not sure what to think of the Harmony/Handy connection. It could have been an honest mistake and she did also leave off a couple other names. Of the names she left off, why was Handy the one you focused on?[/quote]

Is the connection just based on Harmony not including Handy on a list of players commented on? Because I don't find this suspicious at all, and in fact would be inclined to think that an evil player wouldn't do anything so stupid.

And why do you call Harmony a she?

[quote name='Greedy' post='1745796' date='Apr 5 2009, 21.23']I wonder if there's time to get a lynch going on [b]Vanity[/b]?[/quote]

I have Vanity no. 3 behind Grouchy and Handy. So if we're not going to lynch either of those two, I'd prefer Vanity to Hefty.

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Hefty (Smurfette, Harmony, Vanity)
2 votes for Brainy (Grouchy, Handy)
1 vote for Grouchy (Lazy Smurf)
1 vote for Handy (Brainy)
1 vote for Vanity (Greedy)

2 players have not voted: Hefty, Jokey.

[i]Remember that it's never too late to send a provisional action to Papa Smurf.[/i] :thumbsup:

[quote name='Greedy' post='1745814' date='Apr 5 2009, 22.39']Maybe.

But my problem is that, yes, Hefty was "pouncing on little things". Yes, his case on Grouchy was rubbish. You proceed to say that your own case isn't very good, and that's OK because it's what we need to do on day 1. I agree with you, but that's what you're attacking Hefty for! You can't have it both ways.[/quote]

I see. I think my case week, but I think there is a difference between weak cases and trying to make cases out of RP comments.

[quote name='Lazy Smurf' post='1745816' date='Apr 5 2009, 22.40']Is the connection just based on Harmony not including Handy on a list of players commented on? Because I don't find this suspicious at all, and in fact would be inclined to think that an evil player wouldn't do anything so stupid.

And why do you call Harmony a she?[/quote]

Because "Harmony" is a feminine name. :dunno:

I was just trying to get my thoughts around the case. I don't find it suspicious...just an interesting side thought.

[quote name='Lazy Smurf' post='1745816' date='Apr 5 2009, 16.40']And why do you call Harmony a she?[/quote]

Gender slips are usually pretty poor tells, and merely suggests that Vanity thinks they may know who Harmony is?

That said, People are making good points on Vanity that aren't really being answered. On one hand, I have a similar vote for a similar case to Vanities. On the other hand, Vanity has contradicted themselves it seems, and generally seems a bit squirmy right now.

Therefore I'd be happy to compromise vote on Vanity if Hefty isn't going to swing. :)

Unless Jokey posts, it might be better to lynch them rather than have them replaced.

Why? We'll never 100% trust the replacement, but are also unlikely to lynch them at the drop of a hat, wanting to give them a chance. Therefore they are slightly overpowered as a badguy and underpowered as a goodguy just based on us being nice people....

So yeah. I say if Jokey can't come back it *may* be best to lynch rather than replace.

If there's no replacement and instead we will see a modkill, then it's a choice between "one less suspect" and "one less innocent needs to be wrong at endgame", which pretty much balance, so might as well lynch someone else. :P

[quote name='Vanity' post='1745828' date='Apr 5 2009, 15.46']I see. I think my case week, but I think there is a difference between weak cases and trying to make cases out of RP comments.[/quote]

My case against Grouchy wasn't based on RP, it was about his perceived defensiveness. I brought the RP comments into my case to illustrate why I thought so.

Archived