Mafia 63.5

House Targaryen

[quote name='Greedy' post='1745808' date='Apr 6 2009, 06.31']Harmony, are you only voting for Hefty because Hefty is the top lynch choice?

Or are you voting for Hefty because Hefty made a rubbish case against Grouchy? Because you proceed to say that you're implying that "[i]on day 1 people make lame cases just to make something happen. Lazy could be doing that without necessarily being evil.[/i]", which seems to me to be a defence of that very same behaviour. Am I misinterpreting this? Because you're contradicting yourself, IMO, just like Vanity.[/quote]

Why can't it be both? Hefty has become the top lynch choice because of Vanity and lack of general participation now that time is winding down. Hefty also has a lame vote on Grouchy. Could be that either Hefty or Lazy are just stirring up discussion, but Lazy does seem confident in the vote now.

[quote name='Papa Smurf' post='1745845' date='Apr 5 2009, 22.04']To keep things simple, the replacement gets also the Jokey alt. He also told me that he would not be able to post much today.[/i][/quote]

OMG gender slip! :P

[quote name='Harmony' post='1745847' date='Apr 5 2009, 16.09']Hefty also has a lame vote on Grouchy.[/quote]

Or not. I removed that a while ago and Grouchy is not in my top tier.

I'll make it easier for you to keep track. [b]Harmony[/b]

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745853' date='Apr 6 2009, 07.12']Or not. I removed that a while ago and Grouchy is not in my top tier.

I'll make it easier for you to keep track. [b]Harmony[/b][/quote]

thanks! I appreciate that. :P

Sorry about incorrectly attributing your vote.

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Hefty (Smurfette, Harmony, Vanity)
2 votes for Brainy (Grouchy, Handy)
1 vote for Grouchy (Lazy Smurf)
1 vote for Handy (Brainy)
1 vote for Harmony (Hefty)
1 vote for Vanity (Greedy)

1 players have not voted: Jokey.

[i]
Of course you're allowed to vote for replacements.[/i]

[quote name='Smurfette' post='1745837' date='Apr 5 2009, 21.55']Unless Jokey posts, it might be better to lynch them rather than have them replaced.

Why? We'll never 100% trust the replacement, but are also unlikely to lynch them at the drop of a hat, wanting to give them a chance. Therefore they are slightly overpowered as a badguy and underpowered as a goodguy just based on us being nice people....

So yeah. I say if Jokey can't come back it *may* be best to lynch rather than replace.[/quote]

I don't understand.

The replacement would be too trusted, thus being an overpowered baddie, but too mistrusted, thus being an underpowered goodie? :huh:

[quote name='Papa Smurf' post='1745862' date='Apr 6 2009, 07.19']It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

3 votes for Hefty (Smurfette, Harmony, Vanity)
1 vote for Handy (Brainy)

1 players have not voted: Jokey.[/quote]

There are less than 2 hours left.

Comparing the tiers offered by Hefty and Lazy, they both would consider Handy in the top tier. I would switch to Handy to get a lynch. That would be 4. We would need 2 more to complete the sextet.

[b]Handy[/b]

I don't have time to wait for consensus, and I probably won't be back in time for the end of the day. See you tomorrow.

It is day 1.

2 votes for Handy (Brainy, Harmony)
2 votes for Hefty (Smurfette, Vanity)

[quote name='Greedy' post='1745863' date='Apr 5 2009, 17.23']I don't understand.

The replacement would be too trusted, thus being an overpowered baddie, but too mistrusted, thus being an underpowered goodie? :huh:[/quote]

No.

What I've found is that we tend to be reluctant to vote off a replacement too early. We're grateful they stepped in and want to give them a chance. Equally though, we end up with doubts, wondering if the silence was initially a way of laying low, which turned into a modkill when something came up. That's just how I feel we as a community tend to play it.

So they are never fully trusted, yet often given leave to live for a few days, meaning early mistakes can get overlooked. Equally, we have less information on them.

That said, welcome to the game, Unknown Stranger. :)

[quote name='Harmony' post='1745866' date='Apr 5 2009, 17.25']There are less than 2 hours left.

Comparing the tiers offered by Hefty and Lazy, they both would consider Handy in the top tier. I would switch to Handy to get a lynch. That would be 4. We would need 2 more to complete the sextet.

[b]Handy[/b]

I don't have time to wait for consensus, and I probably won't be back in time for the end of the day. See you tomorrow.[/quote]

seems reasonable.

I have said that I would be willing to vote [b]Handy[/b] to get the lynch. No need to wait until 1 minutes remains.

OK, I'm coming back to this post because none of it is sitting right with me.
[quote name='Harmony' post='1745847' date='Apr 5 2009, 16.09']Why can't it be both? Hefty has become the top lynch choice because of Vanity and lack of general participation now that time is winding down. Hefty also has a lame vote on Grouchy. Could be that either Hefty or Lazy are just stirring up discussion, but Lazy does seem confident in the vote now.[/quote]

I am not the top lynch choice because of Vanity. If anything, it's because of you. All of the votes on me were placed in the RP stage and yes, Vanity put the third vote there. However, if you count them as peole came back and changed the RP reason to a real one it would be Vanity, Smurfette, then you as the third vote. I'm also not at the top because of general lack of participation. There have been several cases thrown around and most people have changed their minds about players here and there. You guys have had ample time to persuade people to vote for me but no one else has taken up that cause.

You say that Lazy or I could just be stirring things up. I agree obviously, as this is what I was trying to do. Lazy gets the benefit of the doubt, but I am your favored lynch. In your eyes, what is the main difference between us?

I'm absolutely stunned that Hefty, with a real case on him, has been dropped in exchange for Handy, who had an OMGUS moment, which violated his "i like to save my vote" statement.

Handy doesn't look crystal clear, but my god, he's in a different class to the real suspect, Hefty, and the next most guilty looking, Vanity...

So yeah, harmony, you've just stunned me. If Handy later flips as guilty, you are swinging like a swingy swing! You may have been the first on their RP train, but was the last to cememnt it to a real vote.

That said, why would Hefty point that out for us if you are their partner?
:huh: :bang: :bawl:

It is day 1.

4 votes for Handy (Brainy, Harmony, Grouchy, Hefty)
3 votes for Hefty (Smurfette, Vanity, Handy)

Archived