Mafia 63.5

House Targaryen

Nope...

If the healer believes me, it could be useful...if he doesn't, less so. Got something to hide, Hefty? Calling out like that for one of your killer friends to counterclaim?

Lazy, what do you expect me to do? Let myself get lynched without saying anything? And what else should I claim but a role from the list? Where exactly is the point in that sentence?

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745926' date='Apr 5 2009, 18.12']The whole 'I'm the finder and you're screwed if you vote me off' and then the 'not sure if the role will be useful' statements to be contradictory. Like perhaps you claimed in the heat of the moment and THEN looked up the specifics of the role? Maybe?[/quote]

Without a counter-claim, I am willing to give Handy the benefit of the doubt.

I don't really want to lynch Handy now either, but if it's between no consensus, or me - I'd totally go Handy.

It just really throws you when a suspect claims innocent, you know. I do still have doubts about him because he had nothing to lose, but until a counter-claim or some other compelling evidence arises, no - I don't think we should vote him out.

[quote name='Handy' post='1745930' date='Apr 5 2009, 18.16']If the healer believes me, it could be useful...if he doesn't, less so. Got something to hide, Hefty? Calling out like that for one of your killer friends to counterclaim?[/quote]

When i've played Killer, I've always tended to use the killer's thread to communicate with my fellow killers. Doing so through the main boards is rather cumbersome... :-p

[quote name='Smurfette' post='1745936' date='Apr 5 2009, 23.19']If there's no counter claim pretty damn fast, there's absolutely no chance I'll believe the counter-claimer, as they will have basically wasted the healer's power by keeping quiet. :)[/quote]

What if they're not here now (like jokey)? If that's the case, then we're unlucky in losing the heals, but we still need the counter. So they shouldn't be discouraged from revealing.

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Handy (Brainy, Harmony, Lazy Smurf)
3 votes for Harmony (Hefty, Grouchy, Smurfette)
2 votes for Hefty (Vanity, Handy)
1 vote for Vanity (Greedy)

1 players have not voted: Jokey.

[quote name='Greedy' post='1745927' date='Apr 5 2009, 23.14']If handy is lying, there'll be a counter sooner or later, although there's a small possibility of the real finder being killed first. Without a counter, i'm not willing to lynch Handy, and i'm surprised other people are.

Definitely, if there's a real finder out there, they need to counter.[/quote]

Hmmm, well ok, but I just don't like the idea in my mind of an evil about to be lynched and fake-claiming and as a result either getting off, because the real finder has gone to bed or whatever or else outing the finder who counterclaims. Just seems like one of these no-lose strategies for an evil to take if threatened with lynch.

[quote name='Handy' post='1745930' date='Apr 5 2009, 23.16']Nope...

If the healer believes me, it could be useful...if he doesn't, less so. Got something to hide, Hefty? Calling out like that for one of your killer friends to counterclaim?

Lazy, what do you expect me to do? Let myself get lynched without saying anything? And what else should I claim but a role from the list? Where exactly is the point in that sentence?[/quote]

The point is for me to say that I still strongly suspect you of being evil and lying. But since we're not going to lynch you, I'd prefer [b]Hefty[/b] to Harmony, but will switch for the lynch

We've got about a half an hour, so we need to come to a conclusion. Looks like it's me or Harmony, with Handy a distant 3rd. Unless someone else wants to bring a case, looks like those are the choices. Pick your side. I don't want to die, obviously, but at least you would get some info out of my CF result.

For future reference, I'm moving Grouchy up to tier one with Harmony and taking Handy out of it for now.

We've only got about 30 minutes.

I'd like to lynch Harmony, but Harmony has left for the day, and hasn't been in a position to counter Handy. :/

I'm not willing to lynch Handy.

I don't like the case on Hefty. I would switch, but not until absolutely necessary.

What about Vanity? Nobody willing to join me?

[quote name='Greedy' post='1745940' date='Apr 5 2009, 18.22']What if they're not here now (like jokey)? If that's the case, then we're unlucky in losing the heals, but we still need the counter. So they shouldn't be discouraged from revealing.[/quote]

Obviously I'm only counting people who are on and posting. :)

OK, votes have tipped my way :/

Before you pull the trigger, could each of you that are still here please say why you prefer me over Harmony? I don't think the case on me is strong, but people have been stubborn about it since early on. I've raised several points on Harmony that I think are valid.

I'd go Vanity if we could get a lynch going, but I wouldn't feel good about it. Harmony is the better bet from my PoV.

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745955' date='Apr 6 2009, 00.35']Yeah, it sucks that Harmony isn't around to reveal if he can, but I'm fighting for my life here. I can't afford to be sympathetic. I don't have a role to reveal, which sucks for me too.[/quote]

What exactly is the case on Harmony. He forgot to name the (supposed) finder? I'd like to see more a case than that before changing my vote. Could be I missed the real case, so I would appreciate it being pointed out.

I'm still not seeing Vanity over Harmony, and Vanity won't be around to claim either. I'll vote that way, but don't see a huge difference in their play (other than my gut on Vanity, which I've explained), so why is Vanity a better choice?

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Harmony (Hefty, Grouchy, Smurfette)
3 votes for Hefty (Vanity, Handy, Lazy Smurf)
2 votes for Handy (Brainy, Harmony)
1 vote for Vanity (Greedy)

1 players have not voted: Jokey.

Archived