Mafia 63.5

House Targaryen

It is day 2.

8 players remain: Brainy, Grouchy, Handy, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

5 votes for Vanity (Smurfette, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Hefty, Brainy)
1 vote for Grouchy (Vanity)

2 players have not voted: Grouchy, Handy.

A smurfed Pebble enters the village.

"Papa Smurf left me this little potion so who's it gonna be?"

"Grummy Grouchy Smurf! he Hates Life" Shouts Vanity!

"I do hate Life, but I hate you more" replies Grouchy

"Well letf not drag this out. that potion got a little lable its addressed to the Prittiest. So we just have to work out who the Prittiest smurf is" briany slyly says.

"Oooh its mine! Mine!" Shreiks Vanity "Itsssss My Pressssiousssssss" Vanity leaps at the Smurfed Pebble biting the potion bottle from her fingers then quickly gulping it down.

All the Smurfs looks on curriously waiting. Then let out a great cheer as Vanity turns Green. "A clone! A clone! She's a Gargamel Clone!" the Smurfs Chant

"I hate Gargamel clones" Says Grouchy.

suddenly the Clone Vanity explodes coating a mile radius in small bits of Cloned Smurf Vanity.

[b] Vainty is Lynched, He/She was Evil [/b]

It is night Please send your PM's to Papa Smurf (I'm off to Bed soon)

[quote name='Hefty' post='1747734' date='Apr 7 2009, 06.28']So what are your thoughts right now Brainy? Who is your number one suspect?[/quote]Talking about your suspects during the night is surest way to being night-killed. :)
Let's wait and hope for night to be short...

That's certainly nice, and gives us a good bit of breathing space. The annoying thing is it seems most of us could have gone for Vanity on day 1 rather than harmony. It was just that harmy gathered votes quicker.

So, this 99.9% clears Jokey. There's no way vanity would have acted over jokey, so if a killer, jokey would have acted.

Should we work out some sort of mechanism (coloured "votes" perhaps?) where we "vote" for the finder search for the night as well? After all, with only 1 killer left it's now safe to say who you are checking.

[quote name='Brainy' post='1747740' date='Apr 7 2009, 00.39']Talking about your suspects during the night is surest way to being night-killed. :)
Let's wait and hope for night to be short...[/quote]

No worries there, Poor Jokey gets to bite the bullet tonight, as a CI.

After a wonderful night you eagerly run to your meeting to find the remaining clone. As you appear, it is still dark so you light one of the many torches. "Hello smurfs", you say, but they don't answer to you. "Hey smurfs, what is going on?" you want to say, but then you see.....

Vanity!!!!!!!!!!!

and

Vanity!!!!!!!!!!!

and

Vanity!!!!!!!!!!!

and

OJ Simpson??????

Then you wake up from your nightmare.

"Phew", you think, "what a smurfish dream! But now let's get to work!"

But you're not able to stand up. You're bonded at something and you're not in your house but in Gargamel's hut.

"Damn, what did happen?" you cry nervously.

"Harharhar, you got kidnapped by my clone!" you hear Gargamel laughing.

And then you see Azrael's face right in front of you, teeth-licking.

"Not yet, Azrael, not yet", the sorcerer says and he kicks the monstrum away from you.

"First we catch ALL the smurfs, and then we think about dinner, mwhahaha!"

Damn, you wish you were someone else now,.....

SPOILER: but you are....
Handy

[quote name='Brainy' post='1747862' date='Apr 7 2009, 04.06']Smurfette, why do you say Jokey is a CI? I forgot something?[/quote]

Jokey did not act last night. (edit: The night before last, sorry.)
As Vanity was Killer 1, and was under pressure, Killer 2 would have acted rather than him, unless under even more pressure.

A jokey vanity pairing would lead to jokey acting. Right?

Alas, poor Handy. The healer either didn't trust him or is dead.

[quote name='Smurfette' post='1747866' date='Apr 7 2009, 10.10']Jokey did not act last night. (edit: The night before last, sorry.)[/quote]Do you mean Lazy?
[quote]Alas, poor Handy. The healer either didn't trust him or is dead.[/quote]The healer had to choose between Lazy and Handy, both very likely targets. It was easy to guess wrongly.

[quote name='Brainy' post='1747879' date='Apr 7 2009, 04.49']Do you mean Lazy?
The healer had to choose between Lazy and Handy, both very likely targets. It was easy to guess wrongly.[/quote]

erm, yes. Ive had the two confusedin my mind. Lazy is 99.5% CI, Jokey is just another player. #

and healer heals once, for the entire game. they would have healed handy yesterday. waiting til today means they were risking handy dying before giving any results. We either never had a healer, or have a dead healer. simple as that. :P

Ok. Lazy is VPI, I agree.
I think Smurfette and Hefty are PIs. The former because I can't see both killers to be on early and short Hefty's mob, the latter because his relations with Vanity were too negative to consired their partnership possible.
I also hope my role in lynching Vanity was too big to treat me as probable partner.
This leaves two main suspects: Grouchy and Jokey. For now I suspect Grouchy more, evidently.

Lazy is VPI and nothing in his voting record suggests he was protecting Vanity - but regardless, he's gone after today, so not wasting a lynch there anyway.

Smurfette - Was the first one to vote Vanity on D2 when more people were talking about Grouchy. She had Vanity as #3 on D1 and indicated she could vote that way, so PI in my eyes.

Jokey - first post as replacement was after D1 vote and said Handy and Vanity were top suspects. D2 he likes Vanity for lynch when he could have easily gone for Grouchy, so again PI

Brainy - haven't been getting bad vibes from him, but he wasn't around when critical voting was taking place. he hammered Vanity, but he had no choice at that point anyway. He did have Vanity in his top 3 for D2, but that is fairly safe as he directed the conversation to Grouchy and never backed up his Vanity or Smurfette suspicions. His actions seem kind of a wash - nothing indicating he was partners, nothing indicating he wasn't.

Grouchy - at the end of D1 he votes Harmony over Vanity when we are discussing alternate lynches to Handy. Right before he votes, the count looks like this (no votes on Harmony at this point)

[quote name='Papa Smurf' post='1745890' date='Apr 5 2009, 16.55']It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

5 votes for Handy (Brainy, Harmony, Grouchy, Hefty, Lazy Smurf)
3 votes for Hefty (Smurfette, Vanity, Handy)
1 vote for Vanity (Greedy)

1 players have not voted: Jokey.[/quote]

Right after this, I voted for Harmony and Greedy said he'd be ok with Vanity or Harmony even though his vote was on Vanity at the time. Then Grouchy votes -

[quote name='Grouchy' post='1745909' date='Apr 5 2009, 17.03']I missed Handy's reveal at the bottom of the page.

[b]Harmony[/b] looks like the compromise vote and I am ok with it.[/quote]

on the surface, this looks like he's just following the crowd, but the crowd hadn't committed yet and a lot of the discussion was me trying to persuade people to vote Harmony over Vanity and not getting a lot of support. In fact, a little later I changed my vote to Vanity thinking the crowd was headed there and then quickly switched it back after a few more Harmony votes materialized. We could both have been reading the crowd wrong, or we could have been reading it right (move to Vanity) and he acted to swing it away from Vanity.

Then we have Vanity's D1 actions. He put the third joke vote on me, which we now know was scummy. He was the first to make it a real vote, thus lending weight to the mob. The reason he gave? I was attacking Grouchy. This looks very much like a defense of his partner.

------

My suspects in order are:

Grouchy
Brainy
Jokey
Smurfette
Lazy

I think that reveals would not be out of place today. We have 2 chances to get it right and I think information will be more important than the advantage the weakened roles will give us at this point.

I have no role ... unless I am bulletproof, of course :P

After full reread, I also see that Jokey is PI. So there is no choice for me, [b]Grouchy[/b].

As for me: yes, I never pushed into Vanity's direction. But, still... I started the day with voting on Grouchy and was immedeately supported. Both Lazy and Hefty, actual leaders of the group, made their cases on Grouchy. Most of the rest were content with this lynch. Vanity was pretty safe at that moment. And then I made a post suggesting looking into other directions? Just before going offline? It would be very unwise move for a partner.
At the end of day, I easily could pretend I overslept and wasn't here in time to vote. I have all reasons to hope that neither Grouchy nor Handy would appear in time and the day would finish without a lynch, which would be great success for the evil.
Nevertherless, I axed Vanity about two hours before dusk.

So I hope you won't count me as alternative to Grouchy. I am not clear, but he is much more suspicious.

ETA: and I am roleless also.

Brainy - I really would be surprised if you were evil at this point. Grouchy seems the clear cut suspect and you are second only because the others seem more innocent to me based on concrete actions.

I haven't placed a vote yet because I want to see people's reactions before I do. No need to rush into it right away, but I also see no need to use the whole day once people begin checking in.

Archived