Mafia 63.5

House Targaryen

Some players asked me to explain the guard role again. Here is how it is supposed to work:

1) The guard can only vote for the player that he voted for when the day ended.

2) He can only do that when he alone or he and another player voted for that player.

3) When there are only 4 or less players alive, the guard looses his power.

Thanks for the clarification, Papa.

I'm out for the evening now. Sorry I haven't contributed much today, but I am happy leaving my vote on Grouchy, for middle of roading and lack of helpfulness. But I am still suspicious of Handy, even though we haven't had a counter-reveal. Saying he chose me seems like a convenient lie if he is lying, since I am acting pretty RI (as I am), but an odd choice if telling the truth, especially bearing in mind the fact that I can only play till tomorrow so you will find out my alignment then anyway.

Well, lynching Grouchy now looks like generally approved idea, but it wasn't what I meant when opening the day, and I am slightly afraid of a lack of alternatives.
Truely, at the beginning of the day I thought the focus will be Smurfette and/or Vanity, so I tried to suggest Grouchy as alternative because would become too tight.
Byt the result is quite the opposite: Grouchy became almost only subject of discussion.
I hope we won't give Vanity and Smurfette free pass just because Harmony appeared to be inno?
I still wait for Smurfette to give any new thoughts about Hefty and the field in general... and I still wait for Vanity to make his Fair appear for today.
*Summon Vanity*

Holy crap, didn't realise we had so little time. I still think that Vanity would be a good bet for the lynch, possibly Grouchy.

I'm definitely feeling better about Hefty now than I did before. He's contributed a lot recently and kept the game moving along.

I probably won't be on for the day's end, so I'll have to take a look at a few more things now before I go.

Oh shit, I let time fly by a little too fast there doing other stuff...

Re-read the thread and I actually feel better about Hefty today than I did yesterday. I'd still lynch as a compromise, but I'm far from being convinced.

I still don't see the case on Grouchy at all.

Brainy seems to be trying quite hard to take the leader role, which sets off definite alarm bells.

I'm confused by Handy's choice, but at the same time still don't think I want to vote him off quite yet. I'm really torn here, as I didn't think he looked evil yesterday, but right now he's looking pretty bad just by making such a poor find. I could probably vote Handy off too if it came to it I guess.

I have no read at all on Jokey yet.

Lazy didn't take an action last night (so if he;s a killer he's either partnered with Handy or with someone who's in a very good position like Brainy). So, probably innocent, and dies soon anyway, so I won't lynch.

Vanity vanity vanity...

First we have you reluctantly lynching someone you seem to know is innocent. Then you have yourself tying your case and hers in as "see, she's innocent so I am too". Add to that suspicions on day 1 that I shared, especially with you admitting your own case was rubbish (even though I had a similar one on the same person, and didn't feel it was rubbish) and I guess you are my only real choice today, [b]Vanity[/b].

[quote name='Handy' post='1746790' date='Apr 6 2009, 10.13']You do realise that I can't tell you who I'm going to investigate?[/quote]

Yeah, I know. I was just trying to find at least one place where you expressed doubts about Lazy to make me feel better about you.

[quote name='Brainy' post='1746952' date='Apr 6 2009, 12.26']Well, lynching Grouchy now looks like generally approved idea, but it wasn't what I meant when opening the day, and I am slightly afraid of a lack of alternatives.[/quote]

I'm concerned too actually. Grouchy was one of my top suspects so I guess I can't complain much, but I'd rather have other viewpoints to consider. There is a decided lack of discussion today and that is going to hurt us a lot.

Having said that, my suspicions on Grouchy are increasing the longer he avoids making the tiers I asked for. He indicated he's be doing that soon a while ago. I can't help but think he's dodging the question.

Jokey—6 posts (by the new one): His reread of day one had Handy and me as most suspicious, didn’t remember Harmony or Brainy, “meh” on Hefty and Grouchy, Lazy, Smurfette and Greedy innocent vibes.

The thing is, his “meh” row are the higher vote getters; his innocent vibes are the low vote getters.

Of course he wasn’t surprised Harmony was innocent; going to bed; thinks Lazy was a weird choice; Lazy not cleared—still not liking the choice; feels better about Hefty.

Before anyone else says it, I will: I am Mr. Pot and he is Mr Kettle, yeah I know.

He has one post of substance and it is a review of day one. His findings, not surprisingly matched the votes.

Brainy—day one:

[quote name='Brainy' post='1745521' date='Apr 5 2009, 16.04']Sorry for long absence, some internet troubles here.
I don't particularly suspect Hefty and Grouchy (not more than anybody else except myself).
I think [b]Handy[/b] looks worse.[/quote]
Brings up that Harmony left out Handy from her list; argues with her about her leaving him off her list; is fixated on this; still wants a Handy lynch;

Day two: Starts with a vote on Grouchy, says he was “under the radar” most of day one. This does contradict with what happened on day one as Grouchy had votes and was under fire a good part of the day. Suspects the night kill might have been a “healer hunt”; more thoughts on the night kill; Questions Smurfette about her comments on not going to night; Responds to Handy’s statement that he votes without giving reasons and that his post are useless; Explains his vote on Grouchy as pressuring; several comments with Grouchy about his middle of the road statements.

[quote name='Brainy' post='1746952' date='Apr 6 2009, 18.26']Well, lynching Grouchy now looks like generally approved idea, but it wasn't what I meant when opening the day, and I am slightly afraid of a lack of alternatives.
Truely, at the beginning of the day I thought the focus will be Smurfette and/or Vanity, so I tried to suggest Grouchy as alternative because would become too tight.
Byt the result is quite the opposite: Grouchy became almost only subject of discussion.
I hope we won't give Vanity and Smurfette free pass just because Harmony appeared to be inno?
I still wait for Smurfette to give any new thoughts about Hefty and the field in general... and I still wait for Vanity to make his Fair appear for today.
*Summon Vanity*[/quote]
Here Brainy seems to want more suspects and doesn’t want everyone to focus on just one person.

Overall, day one I would have lynched Brainy, but day two he has contributed more.

[quote name='Smurfette' post='1747301' date='Apr 6 2009, 17.04']I'm confused by Handy's choice, but at the same time still don't think I want to vote him off quite yet. I'm really torn here, as I didn't think he looked evil yesterday, but right now he's looking pretty bad just by making such a poor find. I could probably vote Handy off too if it came to it I guess.[/quote]

So it's only his night time findings that make you think Handy looks bad? If you thought Handy looked innocent-ish through day 1 then you accept that his playstyle probably falls closer to the gut range than the logical. If you accept that, then it shouldn't be hard to understand why he chose Lazy. While I may not agree with his choice, I don't hink it bad enough to set off alarm bells - and this is coming from someone who didn't like him on Day 1.

I also don't like that you're trying to paint Brainy as a wanna-be leader. While he is firmly in my middle tiers, I see his contribution as someone who wants to participate, but can't find anyone to come out and play with him. I would fault the extremely low participation level in general in this game rather than any ambition on Brainy's part.

I'd say Smurfette would be my 3rd choice after Grouchy and Vanity.

Looking back at Vanity, I definitely think she is the best choice for a lycnh today. Very little posts of substance (I know I can't comment on that really) but seemed to be chasing Hefty on the tiniest of things, and even admitted the case was weak, yet when better (more suspicious) things came up, she continued to chase Hefty as a better lynch candidate for what he had said earlier, when he was really only getting the game moving.

She could have been the lynch for yesterday and I have seen nothing to do that would make change my opinion there, either incriminating stuff from others or a good case from her.

[quote name='Hefty' post='1747334' date='Apr 6 2009, 18.35']So it's only his night time findings that make you think Handy looks bad? If you thought Handy looked innocent-ish through day 1 then you accept that his playstyle probably falls closer to the gut range than the logical. If you accept that, then it shouldn't be hard to understand why he chose Lazy. While I may not agree with his choice, I don't hink it bad enough to set off alarm bells - and this is coming from someone who didn't like him on Day 1.

I also don't like that you're trying to paint Brainy as a wanna-be leader. While he is firmly in my middle tiers, I see his contribution as someone who wants to participate, but can't find anyone to come out and play with him. I would fault the extremely low participation level in general in this game rather than any ambition on Brainy's part.[/quote]

On Handy, forget gut. Lazy is modkilled in a couple of days. he makes no sense regardless. Even a gut player uses some logic in using our most powerful power...

As for Brainy, the post that really rubs me the wrong way is this:

"Well, lynching Grouchy now looks like generally approved idea, but it wasn't what I meant when opening the day, and I am slightly afraid of a lack of alternatives.
I hope we won't give Vanity and Smurfette free pass just because Harmony appeared to be inno?"

Now that just strikes me as incredibly, well, "follow me"ish. It just hits all the wrong notes with me.

Just did one on Smurfette too.

I felt good about her on my first quick reread, but I'm not even sure why. Looking back on it now, she also seemed to be tunnel-visioned on getting a Hefty lynch. Hefty was one of the most suspicious at the time, so it's not totally surprising, but Smurfette stuck to her guns while others jumped to Grouchy, Handy and Harmony. She eventually relented and went along with Harmony, saying that she'd also go with Vanity, who she has just voted for now.

She feels better about Hefty now than she did yesterday, but would still lynch him. That's fair enough, IMO. She had a lot of RP posts in the middle of the serious discussion, which some people do, but it's something I find irritating. It's still not enough to vote her off.

Her latest post was a review of a few people and it seems fair enough. I'm not totally convinced that she's town, she'd be in my middle tier, but she's nowhere near Vanity in terms of scumminess.

[quote name='Jokey' post='1747344' date='Apr 6 2009, 18.49']Her latest post was a review of a few people[/quote]

Those few people make up everyone but me, who I clearly know is innocent!:P

So, yeah. That's how few living players there are. Wrong today, and we're in endgame. :|

on that morbid note, this Smurfette has to leave the comfort of the PC for a fair few hours. I'll almost certainly not be back for lynch. I may not even be back until morning, depending how long night is.

edit: Actually, I'll be back post lynch but pre-day 3 unless we have a very short night. Didn't realise we still had 7 hours. Still can't get on pre-lynch though.

It is day 2.

8 players remain: Brainy, Grouchy, Handy, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

2 votes for Grouchy (Brainy, Lazy Smurf)
1 vote for Vanity (Smurfette)

5 players have not voted: Grouchy, Handy, Hefty, Jokey, Vanity.

[quote name='Jokey' post='1747398' date='Apr 7 2009, 00.39']Yeah, I have to go soon. It's getting late and I doubt I'll be on again, unless I wake up in the middle of the night.

So, I'm going to vote [b]Vanity[/b].[/quote]

Can you please give a reason?

Sorry, I am trying to review everyone and come up with tiers, but RL is slowing me down.

Archived