Mafia 63.5

House Targaryen

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

5 votes for Handy (Brainy, Harmony, Grouchy, Hefty, Lazy Smurf)
3 votes for Hefty (Smurfette, Vanity, Handy)
1 vote for Vanity (Greedy)

1 players have not voted: Jokey.

[quote name='Handy' post='1745886' date='Apr 5 2009, 17.51']OMG, a voice of reason. Are you sure you're not my killer partner?

Grouchy, if you want a lynch at all cost, why not join the bigger one at that point?[/quote]

I misread the post and was thinking it was 4 and needed 2 more.

My suspicion on Handy is not so much the OMGUS vote, as the original statement that he likes to withhold his vote. That is a seriously safe, middle-of-the-road statement that set off bells for me. His later vote for Brainy was a contradiction, but not the main factor in my suspicions. And as I recall, Brainy didn't make the Harmony/Handy connection until after he had already voted for him.

The case on me was made early on, you three believe it, but no one else has been biting, so I have no momentum.

Although Vanity and Harmony seem to have similar reasoning on why they suspect me, I can't forget Vanity's early comment to vote out Lazy as a potential low-profile poster. Seems more like an innocent comment than otherwise. That and he was the first one to place a serious vote on me. Harmony, on the other hand, was the third and his answers and reasoning haven't felt as genuine to me as Vanity's have. Call my feelings on Vanity gut if you want, but there it is.

Smurfette - why do you think Harmony was trying to deflect a vote from me with his switch to Handy? Shouldn't he have done that a while ago? Maybe NOT put a third real vote on me and try to go after someone else?

[quote name='Handy' post='1745889' date='Apr 5 2009, 22.54']Oh thanks so much for making me reveal on day 1...I'm the finder. In case you don't believe me, the coroner will confirm my innocence. In case you do believe me, I die tonight - so much for this game[/quote]

CF's don't reveal role, they just reveal innocence or guilt. ETA: Ignore this bit. I just completely misread the post.

Are you claiming night action finder, or normal finder? :unsure:

[quote name='Handy' post='1745889' date='Apr 5 2009, 17.54']Oh thanks so much for making me reveal on day 1...I'm the finder. In case you don’t believe me, the coroner will confirm my innocence. In case you do believe me, I die tonight…so much for this game…[/quote]

Sorry about that Handy. [b]remove vote[/b]

[quote name='Handy' post='1745889' date='Apr 5 2009, 22.54']Oh thanks so much for making me reveal on day 1...I'm the finder. In case you don’t believe me, the coroner will confirm my innocence. In case you do believe me, I die tonight…so much for this game…[/quote]

Oh get over yourself. It's not like we could know your role (if you are telling the truth) so what are we meant to do? My vote stays.

I claim the finder foreseen in the role list, i.e. I can see whether or not you're all sleeping in your beds at night.
(With all the false positives I get, I'm not sure if it's a very useful role, but still)

Harmony looks like a viable alternative...thanks for this mess :P

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Handy (Brainy, Harmony, Lazy Smurf)
3 votes for Hefty (Smurfette, Vanity, Handy)
2 votes for Harmony (Hefty, Grouchy)
1 vote for Vanity (Greedy)

1 players have not voted: Jokey.

[quote name='Lazy Smurf' post='1745908' date='Apr 6 2009, 00.03']Oh get over yourself. It's not like we could know your role (if you are telling the truth) so what are we meant to do? My vote stays.[/quote]

No it's not like you could know my role, you could however, know a complete and utter hot air non-case from some halfway-viable-for-day-ones. :P

The finder is pretty weak this game, so ... yeah. I could still swing back to Handy if needed. If this is a false reveal and the real finder is out there, I wouldn't mind a reveal. It's up to you, but with the role weakened like it is, I'd consider nabbing a confirmed baddie a good trade-off.

[quote name='Handy' post='1745914' date='Apr 5 2009, 23.06']I claim the finder foreseen in the role list, i.e. I can see whether or not you're all sleeping in your beds at night.
(With all the false positives I get, I'm not sure if it's a very useful role, but still)

Harmony looks like a viable alternative...thanks for this mess :P[/quote]

You might not die tonight, it depends on the healer. And as the heal works until the end of the game, you could be very useful.

Completely up to how much the healer believes you, of course.

[quote name='Handy' post='1745919' date='Apr 5 2009, 23.07']No it's not like you could know my role, you could however, know a complete and utter hot air non-case from some halfway-viable-for-day-ones. :P[/quote]

I find you more suspicious than Hefty or Vanity, and claiming a role from the role-list with a whiny tone about how we made you reveal early without any evidence to prove it hasn't changed that.

The whole 'I'm the finder and you're screwed if you vote me off' and then the 'not sure if the role will be useful' statements to be contradictory. Like perhaps you claimed in the heat of the moment and THEN looked up the specifics of the role? Maybe?

[quote name='Lazy Smurf' post='1745908' date='Apr 5 2009, 23.03']Oh get over yourself. It's not like we could know your role (if you are telling the truth) so what are we meant to do? My vote stays.[/quote]

If handy is lying, there'll be a counter sooner or later, although there's a small possibility of the real finder being killed first. Without a counter, i'm not willing to lynch Handy, and i'm surprised other people are.

Definitely, if there's a real finder out there, they need to counter.

[quote name='Hefty' post='1745893' date='Apr 5 2009, 17.56']Smurfette - why do you think Harmony was trying to deflect a vote from me with his switch to Handy? Shouldn't he have done that a while ago? Maybe NOT put a third real vote on me and try to go after someone else?[/quote]

Distancing. Keeping the vote on you until the last minute. Last one to concrete the RP vote. Then hopped off before the heat became real.

That said, as I mentioned, you pointed out her "real" position in your train, which shines a better light on you. Setting you up as a fake partner perhaps?

Given the reveal (by someone i didnt want to lynch already), the compromise, and general lack of options, I can bite on [b]Harmony[/b] too.

Archived