Economy and GoT

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but anyways :P

I was reading an article in USA Today, and it mentioned how the economy is affecting the entertainment industry (specifically television). Everyone is trying to cut costs :hire unknowns, more reality shows, filming in digital, etc. Does anyone think this might affect AGoT at all since it is a *big* project and such?

While it certainly is a possibility, all of the signs we have received from HBO, be they direct or indirect, seems to show they are committed to the project.

I would say for now, everything is still a go. Though it would be nice to hear a casting confirmation or something, just to be sure.

Depends on how many people have canceled their subscriptions since the economy has dropped off. HBO needs to think about letting people who want to get episodes in other ways, like via iTunes. I think that could make up for people who either don't have cable or don't want to get the channel. My roommate and I decided to drop HBO for the time being because of money difficulties but our plan (assuming I'm still living here then) would be to get HBO again if/when the show airs. There's a good chance I'll be somewhere else by then, anyhow.

Archived