World of Warcraft

TerraPrime

I'm already feeling the urge return. This is dire. And hey, looks like the patch just dropped so there's actually something new to do?

But on the other hand, the DK changes in the patch are... unappetizing, and I don't really want to put in the time required by raiding.

I don't know.

Yeah...I've got a time card sitting on my desk...but, as I said in the other thread, I'm bored with my server and I'm not sure I'm actually going to activate the card...

I do enjoy the game, but I feel like the sports vet that just doesn't have it in him anymore...

Got my sprite darter tonight! I'd wanted one since I first saw it on a 40 something night elf years ago. I did get it on my draenei shaman once upon a time and that was awesome, but there is definitely something about having it on the character that I first coveted it for so long ago.

In other news, the glyph market was insane for about three hours time. I made - I shit you not- 8k gold in 3 hours. I couldn't make them quick enough. It was kinda awesome.

[quote name='Ghost of Nymeria' post='1756631' date='Apr 15 2009, 21.17']Got my sprite darter tonight! I'd wanted one since I first saw it on a 40 something night elf years ago. I did get it on my draenei shaman once upon a time and that was awesome, but there is definitely something about having it on the character that I first coveted it for so long ago.[/quote]

Damn coveter. :P

[quote]In other news, the glyph market was insane for about three hours time. I made - I shit you not- 8k gold in 3 hours. I couldn't make them quick enough. It was kinda awesome.[/quote]

Bah. I paid 90g for 3 glyphs. I'm going to see how much the Life Tap glyph is when it hits. I'll need 2 of them, one for each spec. My ceiling is 75g each, I tell you. :P

Guest thebadlady
V, what is selling best? I just hit 35 on my inscriptionist so ofc I am at 300 with her. :P I am getting light in the pocket since I hit 80. I need to make myself quest for cash. :/

[quote name='Stego' post='1756734' date='Apr 15 2009, 23.40']Server instability sucks.[/quote]

Yeah, our 10 man Ulduar got fucked by the instance server basically going haywire during half our scheduled raid time.

Not that this impacted our raid success too much because we wiped 5 times pulling the two Molten Colossi outside of Igniz. So yay for us?

Selling best:

I made loads of my cash off of minors that other Inkies seemed to overlook, as most people regardless of spec tend to use most of the same minors. My biggest sellers were probably things like safe fall, slow fall, levitate, unburdened rebirth, renewed life. It was a good niche. Also sold tons of Mutiliates, Ruptures, Shreds, Siphon Life, Earth Shield, and Healing Stream Totem. I suppose markets will vary drastically server to server, so keep that in mind on your own AH.

No new discoveries yet. The new drop+random discovery system is a double punch to the nuts. Thanks blizz.

We had pretty much the same, Mack. Server instability so bad that we were lagged out more than we were in game. We did get Leviathon down, and that damn dragon to like 6 or 7%. I'm not a fan of vehicles but I had more fun than not overall.

I use Dominoes for a bar mod.
What I discovered is that it cloned my bars for my 2nd spec, but once you swap buttons around it saves a set up for each spec. Pretty nice.

Kal the fist looks like a nice option if you cant get [url="http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/n/09/03/9722/loot_9722_311.jpg"]Golden Saronite Dragon[/url] which is a hard mode drop.

[url="http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/april/vulmirthenortherntempest.jpg"]Vulmir[/url] is sexy though. I wouldn't mind dual wielding that.

So yeah, Yogg-Saron down. And everyone I talk to can barely get into the instance due to stability issues.

When I got home last night I restarted the download and it chugged away at a much better pace. My roommate's computer did even better (wondering if it identified my downloader and leeched off of it, or just got lucky; I probably do have a software firewall up that I couldn't be bothered to look at). So I'm patched now. Tonight I'll try and get the add-ins updated.

Rhae, it looks like I was beaten to the punch on Ret spec. All-told, the ret part of it is pretty much common sense (and most of the tree). Then you take Divine Strength in Prot, and then you take whatever you feel like. Divinity (the Kings replacement) is nice for soloing and probably not worthwhile in groups. Basically, you have the options of:
- Picking up some PvP talents (Toughness, Stoicism, etc, assorted Ret talents that are non-essential)
or
- Throwing points into Holy, to get Divine Intellect (not very useful) and Aura Mastery (again not very useful).
Ret is basically a tree where you can have a fully PvP-viable PvE spec.

I think that at 45 I'd spec [url="http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000005230051103331302130000000&glyph=000000000000&version=9767"]this[/url].

The biggest reason I didn't worry about the patch taking forever on Tuesday, and I didn't try to play last night, is that I'm sleeping off a major lack of sleep. I was up kinda late on Sunday, and then up til 5 on Monday night... and still into work at 9.

GoN,

Yeah, I definitely should have been prepared for the inscription needs but I didn't think about it. However, I'm pretty sure none of the new recipes can be learned via the random research, so don't waste your snowfall inks on that.

Yeah, they aren't. I've long ago discovered everything the old way. Now we have to wait on random world drops and hope we learn something good when we get those. It really is annoying.

Ooh, thanks Phelan I'll try that for now.

The AH on my server was broken last night, as were instances for most of the night. There was a lot of buying and selling in the Trade channel going on.

I got an unusual compass from the new fishing daily, but all it does is make me face a random direction.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1757322' date='Apr 16 2009, 14.14']I got an unusual compass from the new fishing daily, but all it does is make me face a random direction.[/quote]

I got some gray vendor trash from the fishinf daily that sold for 100g. Not bad. Changes to fishing seem a bit of overkill now - you seem to be able to fish anywhere, with any skill level, but if your skill level is low, you just get gray trash, rather than actual fish. So what is the point of lures these days?

Warlock shard changes are also minorly annoying. If you have a soul bag and its full, you can't gather any more shards. Wonder what happens if I unequip my 28 slot soul bag - will I be able to collect any shards at all?

And am still pissed off that they raised the minimum level required for Dalaran cooking dailies to mid- to high-70s. No more XP for a newly-70 toon simply by running around Dalaran.

Well, that was embarassing.

Logged in finally last night; I was proabably going to update my addons and call it a night, but I got a call, and we were going to try Emalon.

Problem 1: between working late (again) and wanting food (because there's no way I'm starving for [i]anyone[/i]'s sake), we didn't have enough time pre-Wintergrasp battle to take a stab at it. And naturally, we failed at defending (I should also note that some person we invited to the raid decided that they were in charge of it, not to giving defense orders (which nobody did), but to telling people to stay in raid for 25 man Emalon, when the raid leader was intending to do 10-man.)

Alright, so let's try Flame Leviathan. His trash is, naturally, a joke. We wiped twice, as nearly as I can tell because coordination did not exist. He hardly ever got a tar debuff. People repeatedly commented on throwing someone onto him to kill his turrets; but nothing was ever done.

Alright, we got him down. Only had 20-30 minutes before people had to go. So we wiped on Molten Colossuses, come back and get them down (with one survivor). Kill two constructs. Wipe twice on the revenants. With no sign of improvement or anything.

So I get that Ulduar is meant to be harder, and I'm cool with that. I'm also cool with the idea that the trash isn't a joke. But I'm reasonably sure this was more incompetence than overly hard content. This was a night that rather does lead itself to the transferring idea.

I realized this morning that in dueling as Arms bleed spec, I... forgot to use Rend. And I haven't used a 2h mace in 20 levels. And probably have to buy later ranks of MS, as well as Shattering Throw.

[quote name='Aratan' post='1758067' date='Apr 17 2009, 08.21']I got some gray vendor trash from the fishinf daily that sold for 100g. Not bad. Changes to fishing seem a bit of overkill now - you seem to be able to fish anywhere, with any skill level, but if your skill level is low, you just get gray trash, rather than actual fish. So what is the point of lures these days?[/quote]

Because you generally want to catch fish, not crap?

[quote]Warlock shard changes are also minorly annoying. If you have a soul bag and its full, you can't gather any more shards. Wonder what happens if I unequip my 28 slot soul bag - will I be able to collect any shards at all?[/quote]

It's not the shard bag size, it's the shards. You can now only carry 32 of them.

[quote]And am still pissed off that they raised the minimum level required for Dalaran cooking dailies to mid- to high-70s. No more XP for a newly-70 toon simply by running around Dalaran.[/quote]

It's funny, because the patch perfectly coincided with the day I decided to no longer do those on my former main, so I didn't even notice this change.

Archived