World of Warcraft

TerraPrime

I think the vehicle aspect of the encounter is why the looting is buggy, and that is relatively new, introduced in the expansion. But then again, one wonders what the PTR is for if this shit isn't getting debugged.

10 man Ignis has been nerfed to shit :( This makes me a sad panda. Razorscale seemed a bit lame compared to last week as well. Meh. Last week's high hopes for decent 10 man content has pretty much been obliterated this week. I guess I should be grateful for hard modes.

Wait, you've been online?

Well, we got into the big guild. I got onto a waitlist for Ulduar and we earn some RP (dkp) for being present and on the waitlist, so I guess that was good. They want me to be prepared as fury though, so between getting waitlisted and the actual raid start time I ran around trying to get glyphs. I need to do some heroics or a Naxx or something to practice my fury.

But I managed to accidentally call my raid leader an ass, ask two very stupid questions, and fail to follow directions in the first 15 min of getting guilded..... I hope they dont hold that against me.

Grats, Bluerose!

But I managed to accidentally call my raid leader an ass, ask two very stupid questions, and fail to follow directions in the first 15 min of getting guilded..... I hope they dont hold that against me.
I believe that this is actually part of our application for successfully joining our guild.

If you start off with a low base line, you can only improve from this point on. :)

Guest thebadlady

Today I broke my no-cybering in WoW rule (see previous poor outcomes) and wiped the group. Mental note made - don't distract the healer. :/

:smileysex:

Still trying to upgrade the last of my 70 gear. The trinket from HVH finally dropped and a guildie got it. Glad for him, sulks for me. All in all, not a good WoW day today. *sigh*

Got the new rig home, and set up last night. Took a few hours to patch up WoW, so I went to bed. Got my add ons and WTF installed this morning. Logged on briefly and Man! WoW looks nice with graphics settings turned up.

Took a shot at Emalon in a pug. It ended much as you'd expect.

On the plus side, I now feel comfortable with the fight from the perspective of little guy Emalon is trying to step on. Especially when I'm not so tired that my reaction time is bad.

At least one of the healers was undegeared for it, though I think a good couple of the dps were overgeared for 10-man. And a couple more at least a little low, so that evened out. We got the principle of it but the healers couldn't seem to keep up.

Guild is going through some changes. Looks like we will be absorbing a few more hard core raiders soon. At this rate...we will be one of the larger Guilds Aliance side on Venture Co. And, will have too many folks for a single 25 man raid. While this is a good thing...it will also lead to more problems.

On the one hand, I am excited. More serious raiders means raids starting on time, and people listening to the Raid Leader (I am not the 25 man Raid leader...just do Loot. So, if there is a loot problem they can blame me...which I am cool with). On the other hand, it means dealing with a shit load more personallities, and doing more babysitting. In other words...holding peoples hands and telling them its all OK! :).

I will actually have to make some rules now about who gets to go to 25 man raiding and hold more strict to the start times. Less fun for me :(. Oh well, Im thinking this is a good problem to have...but thinking its going to cause me more headaches as well.

The joys of being a GM!

On a side note...one shotted every boss this week in Heroic Naxx, including Kel. This has never happened before. We had some deaths..but no wipes. It was done over 2 nights..about 4 hours total. Felt really good about that. Although the only 2 things I rolled for (T7.5 helm, and some nice boots) I lost :( Oh well. Another day, another dollar!

Hitting Ulduar for the first time tonight (10 man). We have our original 10 man Naxx team going, and a few folks have some experience with it from last week. Should be interesting.

Take care all, and have fun!

Stark

Managing guilds is a bitch. I'd assume it is worse in WoW since people tend to jump ship so frequently (although at least WOW doesn't have 60+ man raids).

I also figured out why most mages dual-specced = raid boss spec, and trash spec. My dps usually is 2500+ with frost in heroics... last night I sported a pathetic 2100, and mandy beat me on dps.

Anyway, will be a big weekend for me. Wife is out of town, while I have some school shit... I am planning on pounding out every raid this weekend!

Managing guilds is a bitch. I'd assume it is worse in WoW since people tend to jump ship so frequently (although at least WOW doesn't have 60+ man raids).

I also figured out why most mages dual-specced = raid boss spec, and trash spec. My dps usually is 2500+ with frost in heroics... last night I sported a pathetic 2100, and mandy beat me on dps.

Anyway, will be a big weekend for me. Wife is out of town, while I have some school shit... I am planning on pounding out every raid this weekend!

Cuellar, why the hell are you still frost? Cut your losses, spec arcane and fire asap.

Re: Cybor

Today I broke my no-cybering in WoW rule (see previous poor outcomes) and wiped the group. Mental note made - don't distract the healer.

TMI. :P

Re: Ulduar

We went into Ulduar for a bit last night. I hopped on after they had cleared the vehicle boss and made 3 or 4 tries at Deconstructor. We ended up killing her in two more tries. That's our first serious Ulduar boss. :)

We went on to try Kologarn, and ended up wiping on the trash a few times. That random jump-stomp thing has a vendetta against our healers. :P I read on WoWiki that it's random, but is it? Is it based on aggro? There wasn't as much trash pull as I had expected, based on what people were talking about. We didn't do CC either, just focus fire instead of AoE. Still, I saw that the trash was elemental and thought I could Banish, but no, it's immune to Banish. :P

We made 5 or 6 tries at Kologarn. We went with the kill the right arm whenever it is up strategy, and set the tank who's not taking the boss on the earth elemental adds, with a mage to aoe kill. The rest remained on the boss. The eye beam was taking out a few people, and the first 3 tries we wiped whenever the hand gripped a healer. So we pulled in a 3rd healer, and that was much better. But then, our dps on the hand was slower, and so it's not perfect. Ideally we'll pull it off with 2 healers with enough DPS to free the gripped healer, but the numbers just weren't there. We had 4 DPS at 3k, and 1 at 2.5K. I think we got the fight mechanics of this one, and we just need to execute it better, with maybe a slightly different raid make-up (we had no shamans, and no boomkins).

We're planning on going back in tonight and try it again. We're just going to work on Ulduar a few hours a night to learn the fights.

I'm also scheduled to lead the Nax25 this Sat. So not looking forward to it.

I'm going to Ulduar! Better yet, I'm tanking it! I got on the list for the 10 man tomorrow. Warriors, what are your thoughts on the new tanking glyphs? Is the shield wall one worth it?

Yes, get the shield wall and last stand glyph to go along with blocking.

Got the new rig home, and set up last night. Took a few hours to patch up WoW, so I went to bed. Got my add ons and WTF installed this morning. Logged on briefly and Man! WoW looks nice with graphics settings turned up.

Grats, Steve!

Still waiting on mine.

Speaking of addons, I need to redownload mine. I have been thinking about switching unit frames for a while now. I love X-Perl and its animated portraits but it does get clunky after a while. What are peoples' experiences with Pitbull vs. AG Unit Frames? I want everything to be very streamlined. I'm optimizing for PvP. Also considering using a HUD. I got my husband to use one, and he loves it, but it's going to take a big change for me to switch to a HUD instead, I think. Any experiences?

Cuellar, why the hell are you still frost? Cut your losses, spec arcane and fire asap.

I switched out, I am just commenting that my dps on heroic trash dropped significantly. I'm currently ttw/fb. Generally do about 3k dps on bosses, compared to 2.6k frost. But, my dps with ttw/fire was a pathetic 2100 in H DTK last night. I'm pretty much done running heroics, so not a big deal to suck balls in heroics.

What do you think about LB glyph vs imp scorch glyph? RAWR for some reason doesn't calculate a difference between having imp scorch glyph or not... I'd think in 10-mans, the imp scorch glph is worth a LOT of dps, at least more than the 200 or so that LB glyph would give you. On the flip side, in 25-man heroics where a lock probably is doing crit buff, LB glyph would be better. Currently sticking to imp scorch glyph, because maintaining scorch would suck balls without it.

Took a shot at Emalon in a pug. It ended much as you'd expect.

On the plus side, I now feel comfortable with the fight from the perspective of little guy Emalon is trying to step on. Especially when I'm not so tired that my reaction time is bad.

At least one of the healers was undegeared for it, though I think a good couple of the dps were overgeared for 10-man. And a couple more at least a little low, so that evened out. We got the principle of it but the healers couldn't seem to keep up.

I downed Emalon in a PUG. You just need a decently skilled PUG. He's really not that hard if your healers are competent and your DPS can switch targets.

Yeah, first time I did him, I didn't switch targets. I blamed it on stupid ass DBM not spamming "HEY SHITHEAD SWITCH TARGETS PING PING PING", followed by failbot telling me I suck.

Should be home in an hour!!!! Hopefully a naxx run or something else will be doable tonight.

Archived