EHK for MMA

Analu

He got knocked the fuck out.

Akiyama fight could have gone either way in my opinion.

Fitch fight hasn't been shown in UK.

ETA. Guess Fitch is on next?

Wasn't shown here either. WTF happened?

Edit: No under card and a fight disappeared into the ether? No fucking way I'm paying 50$ for this shit again.

OK, the Fitch fight is last? The hell?

polekat just said: "Did somebody miss a flight?"

Wasn't shown here either. WTF happened?

Edit: No under card and a fight disappeared into the ether? No fucking way I'm paying 50$ for this shit again.

OK, the Fitch fight is last? The hell?

polekat just said: "Did somebody miss a flight?"

I guess they were worried that they would run out of time if Lesnar-Mir went 5.

A couple of things:

-I called that Alves was a paper tiger set up by the UFC to give GSP an opponent that folks would 'buy.' He was an even bigger joke than I had expected. I'm not one to say I told you so, so I will just leave it with this thought: There is no one in Welterweight that can threaten GSP. No one. His fights will be boring until some new blood enters the division.

-I was really sad for Mir. I wanted him to win. But the fight was incredibly easy to pick.

I'd like for Mir to do 3-4 cycles, bulk the fuck up, and come back and drop Lesnar.

-Another easy fight to pick; Bisping showed that he's not a world class fighter. Most of us that weren't blinded by the Union Jack already knew that. The UK will get their own superstar like GSP is for Canada, but Bisping is not him. His running-away-like-a-coward style is pretty sad to watch, to be perfectly honest. I think he's better than that. If he was less of a moron and actually listened to his coaches, he might have made it a fight.

-Akiyama won, hands down. I have no idea what Rogan was talking about. Maybe he plays poker with the redneck guy.

-Fitch looked better than I've seen before.

Lesnar did what I thought he would but was a little more patient than I thought he would be.

GSP = Awesome

Now, I hold my hands up to being a very disappointed and disgruntled Brit but I have lost a lot of respect for Dan Henderson after his needless attack on an unconcious opponent. It was a nasty thing to do and down right fucking dangerous.

What a cunt!

On the Akiyama - Belcher decision. I had it very close and was leaning towards Akiyama because of the takedown in the third. I don't understand Joe Rogan's comments about Belcher being robbed but then again I wouldn't have been surprised to have seen Belcher's hand raised.

Fitch looked good against a very tricky opponent but I though he had the ability to stop Thiago on the feet if he kept it standing up a little longer than he did.

Just read the Bonnar-Coleman result and breakdown on Sherdog and I'm shocked that Coleman didn't seem to gas!! I saw him dead on his feet after about 2 mins of the first. Fair play to him.

I also had Akiyama - Belcher as very close. Belcher actually did more physical damage to Akiyama, who had a messed up face and was limping noticeably on one leg. He did have the age on takedowns though. He was always getting the decision due to being a bigger star.

What did people think of Lesnar's post-fight interview? I found it pretty funny tbh. Dude is such a freaking redneck gorilla. :lol:

What did people think of Lesnar's post-fight interview? I found it pretty funny tbh. Dude is such a freaking redneck gorilla. :lol:

Although he showed a complete lack of class getting in Mir's face as he did, I did have a chuckle at the interview + as he spoke you could almost see the dollar signs in Dana's eyes!

I honestly thought, as it happened, that Henderson did not know Bisping was completely unconscious. It just happened so quick.

But then he admitted to a flying punch to the jaw of an unconscious opponent whome he knew was unconscious. What a piece of shit.

I still don't know how I feel about it. I think I'd be pretty happy if he was banned from the UFC for life.

And is there anything more fucking retarded than chants of 'USA! USA!'? I really don't think so.

He did what he is supposed to, he played the heel perfectly. Unlike the others in UFC he is trained on how to handle the mic and how to handle a crowd. As Ser Sean says Dana White must be absolutely loving it, so much money will be coming in because of him.

From the "unauthorised" thread.

it's pretty common to knock a lesser fight back to the end just to make sure they get all the main event fights on the PPV. I remember back in the day when fights would cut off when the PPV ran out, and they'd have to refund the price to customers. Used to piss the shit out of me.

OK, this makes sense. But merely shows how much of a douche Dana White is. Why in the fuck can't he purchase enough time for all scheduled matches to go the distance? Greedy fuck. And why did no one mention anything in the broadcast? Wondering if I lost my mind and slept through a fight, and then attempting to find out what happened (unsuccessfully) probably cost me a whole round of the GSP fight. I mean, I could have rewound it, but still.

Only caught the last three fights (I was pretty confused about the Fitch fight as well), but everybody in the fucking place was rooting for Lesnar. I was kind of appalled. I don't even think he's that bad a guy, but he's a terrible sport, and he lets his emotions get the better of him really badly, and just acts an absolute ass. I'd like to see Fedor-Lesnar, though honestly, I'd be a bit scared for Fedor. The guy is just so fucking big.

Where's this talk of a Machida-Lesnar fight coming from, though? (Maelys, I think you were the one who mentioned it?)

Only caught the last three fights (I was pretty confused about the Fitch fight as well), but everybody in the fucking place was rooting for Lesnar. I was kind of appalled. I don't even think he's that bad a guy, but he's a terrible sport, and he lets his emotions get the better of him really badly, and just acts an absolute ass.

I don't quite understand this, I mean it's obvious that his schtick is all a show. He's basically ripped off his character from the WWE (outside of the actual fighting) and as long as he continues to be a top fighter it's going to continue and get "worse". Why? Because he and the UFC are going to make way too much money off of it to stop.

I don't quite understand this, I mean it's obvious that his schtick is all a show. He's basically ripped off his character from the WWE (outside of the actual fighting) and as long as he continues to be a top fighter it's going to continue and get "worse". Why? Because he and the UFC are going to make way too much money off of it to stop.

Well, the weird thing is, he comes off much more down-to-earth and calm when he's not in the octagon; if you check out his ESPN interviews and whatnot, he's much better; which makes it easier to imagine that he just gets jacked out of his head on adrenaline in the octagon and flips out. He demonstrates some... maybe not humility, but good perspective on himself, and he's cognizant of the role his camp plays, etc. But you're right, the first thing I said to the guy next to me at the bar afterhis Roganview was, "He still thinks he's in the WWE."

Archived