Football nº 10

The Inquisitor

Ther is fire games left i the EPL and Man UTD have Man City and Arsenal, but liverpool has Spurs as ther biggest game of the fire they have left of EPL season.

So Man UTD can loss two of the fire games that is left in the 08/09 season.

Real Madrid at home vs Barcelona 2-6

What a massive humiliation that was. Laid to rest any doubts there might be on the best team in Spain. Hard to believe that 2-6 was actually a flattering result for Madrid because Casillas made a lot of fine saves. Barca totally dominated, two goals by Henry, two goals by Messi.

Now onwards to take out Chelski.

Man United cruise past the Boro, comfortable win. Arsenal also had a good win, as did Chelsea.

That's an odd shape. Very formfitting.

Kind of like Portsmouth's home kit for 2007-8. There was a reason I was more glued to Portsmouth's match highlights that year than any other team. :drool:

So Man UTD can loss two of the fire games that is left in the 08/09 season.

No, they can't.

If they do that they could end up level with Liverpool on points. And seeing as both teams were level on Goal Difference at the start of today, United would probably end up in second.

Liverpool are beating Newcastle 3-0 right now, so that comes even more into effect.

No, right now, United can afford to drop 5 points - 1 loss and 1 draw. This means that to guarantee the title, they have to, at a minimum, win 2 and draw 1from Man City @ Home, Wigan Away, Arsenal @ Home and Hull Away.

I really hope this is within their ability. If not, they probably don't deserve to win.

I can imagine some desperation over at Liverpool. Playing by far the best EPL season in recent history, have a fantastic side, have accumulated an enormous nr. of points already and are still looking like they will once again not win the title, and may even miss out on direct CL qualification if they are not careful.

Well... that was a devastating blow. :cry:

The last time we received 6 goals at home was some 58 years ago.

I could do nothing but sit in the stands of the Bernabeu, looking at what was going on with a grimace of irritation, exasperation and monumental ridicule. Bloody horrible 90 minutes.

Anyway, congrats to Barça for the Liga title. Not only they deserve it thoroughly, but gave us a good and humiliating whipping, sealed the title in the Bernabeu and must be by today playing the finest and best footie around at club level.

Chapeaux! Worthiest of champions!

.. and thanks, DVDRots and Hereward... I had to take gargantuan amounts of scoth and gin in order to numb the sweet and ever more appealing whispers of seppuku inside my head... :huh:

I can imagine some desperation over at Liverpool. Playing by far the best EPL season in recent history, have a fantastic side, have accumulated an enormous nr. of points already and are still looking like they will once again not win the title...
Desperation is not the right word at all. You have to look at the continual progress of the past few years. Assuming you mean Liverpool's best PL season ever (rather than the best PL season performance by any team? :unsure: ) then yes it is. And that's hardly a source of desperation, is it?

...and may even miss out on direct CL qualification if they are not careful
I have no idea what you're talking about here.

I have no idea what you're talking about here.

If Liverpool come third they have to go through the qualifying rounds for the Champions league, if they come second they qualify directly for the group stages.

If Liverpool come third they have to go through the qualifying rounds for the Champions league, if they come second they qualify directly for the group stages.

I thought the top three qualified automatically this year. Or is that only coming in next year?

I thought the top three qualified automatically this year. Or is that only coming in next year?

Seems pretty unlikely anyway. Liverpool have a three-point lead over Chelsea and their league form could hardly be much better - 16 points from the last 18, 3 better than Chelsea. You might as well suggest that Chelsea are in danger of losing third spot to Arsenal.

Seems pretty unlikely anyway. Liverpool have a three-point lead over Chelsea and their league form could hardly be much better - 16 points from the last 18, 3 better than Chelsea. You might as well suggest that Chelsea are in danger of losing third spot to Arsenal.

I'm a Spurs fan. Why would I pay attention to the top of the table?

I'm a Spurs fan. Why would I pay attention to the top of the table?

Because of the danger that you might finish there and qualify for Europe, which as your manager has informed us is nothing but a nuisance? :P

Well, Arsenal has just been roasted by Man United. Powerless and totally outplayed, and that at home. If they still had some reason to hope last week ( and perhaps they didn't given that Man U was already the better side then) then they were quickly disillusioned now.

Some talk by the commentator about how van Persie, Adeabayor and Fabregas may well be leaving after the summer, being apparently so sick and tired of not winning any prizes with this club.

I hope Barca take out Chelsea in spectacular fashion tomorrow, and then the dream final will be complete.

P.S.

Yet another fantastic performance by Ronaldo, he's really found his best form lately. Yes he should stay, but will he? Man United will be quite different without him.

Archived