Westeros Total War Beta v0.53

Werthead

• 8 months later...

Hi, I've been trying to install the mod for some while now but I come across the same problem everytime. I've extracted the file into the mods folder in Medieval 2 Total War but when I click the .exe file I get the error box saying 'The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information o see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.'

However if I right-click the .exe file and run as administrator I get the following message 'Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Westeros\Westeros.exe'. Make sure your typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Any help on this matter would be hugely appreciated as I adore the books and would anything to play this mod :D

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply,

Well... the launch application is .exe however, it used to be a .bat when previous times that I tried however I do not know how or why it has changed to a .exe file.

But, when it was a .bat file it wouldn't launch anyway? :S

EDIT: Done a bit of cleaning up, re-downloaded and now works :D

Great mod lads, love the books to bits it's like a dream come true to be able to play it on total war engine! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I installed M2TW, Kingdoms and Westeros but i don't know the first thing about modding. I looked up some videos on youtube but when I followed those instructions it said that medievel II suffered a fatal error and will now quit. If someone could please give me some sort of walk through on how to get this working it'd be much appreciated.

I installed M2TW, Kingdoms and Westeros but i don't know the first thing about modding. I looked up some videos on youtube but when I followed those instructions it said that medievel II suffered a fatal error and will now quit. If someone could please give me some sort of walk through on how to get this working it'd be much appreciated.

you don't have to look up stuff on youtube, in my experience.

For me I just used the installer, followed the directions, and it automatically located itself in the right place.

I have both Kingdoms and Westeros downloaded but I don't know the first thing about mods. If someone could go through, start to finish on how to get this game working, It'd be much appreciated.

Do you have the Westeros folder in the Kingdoms Mod folder?

• 2 months later...

Archived