World of Warcraft

GoN

Guest thebadlady

relic i am going to quit wow and chase you around with both my cats instead. i need more challenge out of games these days. :D

baby seals are overrated.

Is anyone going to sign up with the Mountain Dew promo to get a battlebot pet? I really want one, but the promotion isnt open to Canadians. If anyone on the alliance side wants to sign up and donate me their code (if that's possible, I'm not really sure how it works), I'd be forever in your debt.

I did try and sign up with a friend's american address, so maybe I'll get my own code...

Rose,

you can get it as a Canadian.

make a new email address on yahoo.com (not yahoo.ca). Then when you register find a US address.

For instance:

1234 Main Str.

New York, NY (and then just google zip codes for NYC)

Complete registration and youre all good.

The only thing that has to match I believe is your full name.

It's super easy, takes about 3 minutes, but since the alliance bot is blue and the horde one is orange, I think I need an alliance code. It seems like you get a code and talk to an in-game NPC to get your bot, so I assume there's an NPC for each side. But I'm not sure really.

Bill, my best friend is American and I did register with his address, I'm just worried it wont work.

Guest thebadlady
relic, out of curiosity what did you play?

I'm gonna guess orc tank, belf pally and undead rogue. Am I right?

Ps bladez from the guild ftw?

I'm bladez!! :lol:

Alliance is trying to seduce me with the kind of raid success that my Horde crew can probably not even dream of having. Siege and Antechamber cleared on 10 man (minus Ignus) in a little less than three hours, with Hodir thrown in on top for good measure. Had 2-3 wipes on Iron Council as well as 2-3 on Hodir but otherwise we ran flawless victory through the place, getting A Quick Shave off Razorscale and Must Deconstruct Faster off of XT-002. Hodir is as far as the guild has gotten in prior weeks but this week they are committed to plowing the best ten man team through and getting to, and possibly through, Yoggy. Unfortunately, I'll be missing tomorrow's shot at whatever they down on the first night - pretty sure they can drop the rest of the Keepers though.

God, Ulduar is fun, and this is without even getting into the hard modes (which, actually, I don't anticipate being very fun at all). Forgot how fun progression can be on stuff that is actually a challenge. Wish that I could pack up the tanks from my Alliance raid and bring them into my Horde raid. And maybe get some more ranged DPS into the latter too. Having just a hunter for ranged is getting painful.

Alliance is trying to seduce me with the kind of raid success that my Horde crew can probably not even dream of having. Siege and Antechamber cleared on 10 man (minus Ignus) in a little less than three hours, with Hodir thrown in on top for good measure. Had 2-3 wipes on Iron Council as well as 2-3 on Hodir but otherwise we ran flawless victory through the place, getting A Quick Shave off Razorscale and Must Deconstruct Faster off of XT-002. Hodir is as far as the guild has gotten in prior weeks but this week they are committed to plowing the best ten man team through and getting to, and possibly through, Yoggy. Unfortunately, I'll be missing tomorrow's shot at whatever they down on the first night - pretty sure they can drop the rest of the Keepers though.

God, Ulduar is fun, and this is without even getting into the hard modes (which, actually, I don't anticipate being very fun at all). Forgot how fun progression can be on stuff that is actually a challenge. Wish that I could pack up the tanks from my Alliance raid and bring them into my Horde raid. And maybe get some more ranged DPS into the latter too. Having just a hunter for ranged is getting painful.

Mimiron is a pain in the ass, I don't think you'd down him all that easily. We spent quite a lot of time on him - the problem is that the fight takes pretty long and phase four is by far the most dangerous. Everyone needs to keep his head cool. And since it takes so long each time to get through phase 1-3 , it takes a while to learn that. Well for us at least D:

On a brighter note, once you've downed Mimiron, General Vezax probably won't take that long at all :P

I have to agree with you though on that Ulduar's pretty fun so far. Hugely original fights, mostly.

Ya, Mimiron can be a bit of a pain until people get it into their heads how to move and organise themselves.

I did it on 25 man first time last night, and we wiped once because people can't decide which way is clockwise and counterclockwise, and because of a misunderstanding where one of the pallies didn't change from prot to holy but was still assigned a healing role :P Fun, fun.

After that it was easy peasy. Vezax was even easier. I honestly don't know what the fuss is about him. We one shotted him with some DPS DCed and our ranged caster nicking our healer clouds once (fuckers) leaving one of our healing teams on less than half mana. I also cocked up and stood in a Saronte cloud one tick too many due to being too busy shouting out my PS CDs. Should teach me to not be an overconfident little monkey. :P

I had hoped I could be Body & Soul bitch during the kiting, but they decided to just tank him as we had two priests and four paladins (and druid tank) for long CDs.

Then we went to Yoggie and died, died and died in P1, because we keep getting MCed to death. People can avoid clouds. People can DPS, but apparently, dispelling MC or not being MCed into a cloud is impossible. Oh well. We did get some work in on P2, but not as much as I had hoped for.

Then we went to Yoggie and died, died and died in P1, because we keep getting MCed to death. People can avoid clouds. People can DPS, but apparently, dispelling MC or not being MCed into a cloud is impossible. Oh well. We did get some work in on P2, but not as much as I had hoped for.

There's an alternate tactic for phase 1, though I've only done Yogg on 10-man so I don't know how well it'd work in 25man. But it involves tanking all the faceless horror guys at the entrance, and when he's at 100k health or so you let one dps drag him to the middle and kill him there. There's some vids and all with that. Might work better.

I underestimated phase one as well. The problem is that the clouds dont do immediate damage to yourself so people apparently feel like it's not that big of a deal :<

And p2 is horror. Curses and poisons flying around, evil tentacles of death, and four of your people off to the middle. Oh well at least I got my "Kiss and Make Up" achievement now :D

I've only done Vezax on 10-man as well (Our guild is officially a 25man guild but we currently lack the numbers to do a lot of 25man raids, sadly :<). The main problem we had is that you are forced to move around all the time (Kiting, shadow crash, the mark that heals him, the saronite vapors) and he hits damn hard on the tank, so if all the healers have to move you do have a problem. After MImiron he's no real threat, though.

Well, that's why it's easy for a healer. Stop kiting him. :D

At the moment we are not kiting anything :( Tbh I think it is a shame, because that would have made it more interesting. :P Brute forcing shit is boring. And kiting stuff would have given me an opportunity to pick up Body and Soul, which is an imba talent. MOAR KITING!!

Marwyn:

There's an alternate tactic for phase 1, though I've only done Yogg on 10-man so I don't know how well it'd work in 25man. But it involves tanking all the faceless horror guys at the entrance, and when he's at 100k health or so you let one dps drag him to the middle and kill him there. There's some vids and all with that. Might work better.

Ya, we did this in 25 man, but we still seem to have MC problems all over the place. Tanks get MCed, DPSers get MCed, the MCed people AoE silences, or stun, or something. The tanks get dropped inna cloud when MC runs out and we get overrun. Dunno, we didn't have any problems with that on ten man, so I'm not sure what has changed. It's a bit baffling to be honest. I think we start ferrying the low HP Guardians to the middle at around 30%, and have two hunters and an spriest finishing them off and dodging clouds in the middle. The spriest and huntards can dispel MC as well, but we still just seem to get overrun when people get chain MCed.

The main problem we had is that you are forced to move around all the time (Kiting, shadow crash, the mark that heals him, the saronite vapors) and he hits damn hard on the tank, so if all the healers have to move you do have a problem.

Or you can do like we do, which is the boring tactics: brute force him :P

Just use long CDs when he does his smash ability (don't remember what it is called). Priest Pain suppression, paladin sacrifice, druid frenzied regen, holy priest Guardian spirit etc. We had 4 paladins, 2 priests and just cycled CDs on the tank and had the tank stay in, both on 25 man and 10 man. As I said above, a bit disappointing for me as I was hoping for some tricky kiting, but oh well. :P

I was all prepared for Vezax hitting really, really hard, but he doesn't apart from his specials. We tried Iron Council Hard mode on ten man, killing Stealbreaker last, now THAT is hard hitting. :P Ouch. I was Disc and got assigned to Stealbreaker tank healing (Hah!) and had the tank get gibbed mid penance. I might be a grown woman but that nearly made me cry in my milk. :lol:

I did it on 25 man first time last night, and we wiped once because people can't decide which way is clockwise and counterclockwise, and because of a misunderstanding where one of the pallies didn't change from prot to holy but was still assigned a healing role tongue.gif Fun, fun.

After that it was easy peasy. Vezax was even easier. I honestly don't know what the fuss is about him. We one shotted him with some DPS DCed and our ranged caster nicking our healer clouds once (fuckers) leaving one of our healing teams on less than half mana. I also cocked up and stood in a Saronte cloud one tick too many due to being too busy shouting out my PS CDs. Should teach me to not be an overconfident little monkey

I'm going to go out on a limb and comment that those two kills weren't your guild's first two kils of those specific mobs. The fuss would be learning the strategy you're going to use.

I mean, yeah, I came in on Mimiron my first time and we two-shotted him, then we killed Vezax in two shots too (and that was our first kill) - but both of those were a whole lot easier since everyone had so much practice on them beforehand.

Good luck with Yogg-25.

I'm going to go out on a limb and comment that those two kills weren't your guild's first two kils of those specific mobs. The fuss would be learning the strategy you're going to use.

I mean, yeah, I came in on Mimiron my first time and we two-shotted him, then we killed Vezax in two shots too (and that was our first kill) - but both of those were a whole lot easier since everyone had so much practice on them beforehand.

Good luck with Yogg-25.

I think Mimiron was second, or maybe third, on 25 man and Vezax was second. It was fairly easy for me as I'd done Mimi twice and Vezax once on ten man. Mimiron took longer than Vezax for us. It just came pretty naturally to use long CDs and rotate two healer teams. I guess the basic mechanics are simpler or something. Our members can't keep more than 2-3 things in their heads at the same time. :P

Thanks for the well wishes on Yogg-25, I think we need all the luck, good will and general whacking of the Clueless we can get. :lol:

The highlight yesterday was some nub ninja pulling Yoggie while one of the MTs was tabbed out looking for confirmation on Guardian spawn times. Good times. :P I dunno why our raid turns into Clueless McClueless as soon as we get near Yoggie's room.

Good luck with Yogg-25.

We 2 shot him after a night of wiping on him.. but yeah. I guess its a 2 shot.

Thanks for the well wishes on Yogg-25, I think we need all the luck, good will and general whacking of the Clueless we can get. :lol:

So how does one get this title in game? 10 consecutive deaths on Frogger; 10 deaths on Dance, 10 deaths by Flame Wave? Is there a 10 man version?

Archived