I Love My Cat

Relic

Aside from the obvious pun why do so many women own/love cats? I can't seem to meet a girl that doesnt have a devil beast prowling around her apartment.

What's the deal here? Any women want to fill me in?

edit - also, i want to call this thread "Chicks and Cats" but felt i might get yelled out for saying "Chicks". Paranoia or truth?

Aside from the obvious pun why do so many women own/love cats? I can't seem to meet a girl that doesnt have a devil beast prowling around her apartment.

What's the deal here? Any women want to fill me in?

edit - also, i want to call this thread "Chicks and Cats" but felt i might get yelled out for saying "Chicks". Paranoia or truth?

My sister got a cat after being an avowed dog person for her entire life. He had to be put to sleep (after getting hit by a car), she took it really hard. My best friend (female) also has a cat, swears by the things. Those are really the only two women I can think of that I am close to that have cats.

I have more female than male friends, but most of them agree with me that dogs are pretty much a thousand times better than cats. Some of them have cats, but don't really love the things, just happen to live in flats where having a dog would be either impossible or just unfair to the dog.

I still say dude a lot, so I don't mind if you use chick. :P

Dunno about the cat thing. I prefer dogs myself; maybe its just cats are low maintenance compared to mutts, plus easier to keep in an apartment in a city such as NY?

Having said that, I currently own two cats. :unsure:

I still say dude a lot, so I don't mind if you use chick. :P

Dunno about the cat thing. I prefer dogs myself; maybe its just cats are low maintenance compared to mutts, plus easier to keep in an apartment in a city such as NY?

Having said that, I currently own two cats. :unsure:

See? Even the women who have cats either openly or secretly want dogs. It is known.

Though why they settle so easily...?

:lol:

For what its worth, I plan on getting a dog this summer. I've just been waiting for my big holidays in the year to be over. I'm pretty excited about it.

This. Cats are a lot more easier to have around. I'd love to have a dog but it would be so difficult to keep it in an apartment and I'd have to devote a lot of time to walking it. This city is not dog-friendly, not if you want to treat your animal right. That said, I love my cat and I think cuts are cute and cuddly, except for the times they are trying to claw your eyes out.

We have two cats here. One of them was mine and the other was my husband's contribution to the relationship. It's not only chicks who like them, you know.

It's not only chicks who like them, you know.

QFT.

I grew up in a household that always had multiple cats and do not get the dislike. Guinness has provided so much hilarity over the last 9 years that I wouldn't be without him. The added bonus is his total devotion to us.

On the subject of guys having cats and loving cats, I'd also like to add that I know exactly the time I knew without a doubt I was head over heels with dalThor and there was no going back for me because this guy was fucking special.

It was when I heard him speak to his 17-year-old Siamese using his special cat voice. A man who can have such tenderness for an animal is worth keeping. To this day, the cat voice makes me go all soft inside. :)

My friends got a cat that meows like she's a 50 year old women who's been smoking 6 packs a day and pounding back the scotch since she was 15. It's cute in an incredibly scratchy way.

I like cats and i'm a guy. I own one too. She is pretty cute, but she spends 95% of her time on my bed, which pisses me off.

You's gots to train yo cat away from that shit.

Lazy people own cats.

^That's me.

I really wanted a pet, and my first choice was a larger dog, but the rental I was living in only took pets up to 30 lbs. Large dogs > cats > small dogs. There was absolutely no way I wanted a little dog. My schedule didn't work well with a small dog either.

The cat is super low maintenance, especially with the flushable litter. It's been difficult living in an apartment with her and my boyfriend and his dog though.

You can hardly give cat advice, Shryke. Your cat clearly drinks your pint of milk then climbs into your glass to dry it off with the fur. Now that's bad training.

I could train the cat to stop drinking pints of beer, but what the fuck kind of man would I be if I did?

Archived