Aidan Gillen as Littlefinger?

Ser Roland Royce

Good call.

He'll make a great littlefinger.

Coincidentally, I was watching Identity earlier today (which Gillen stars in) which reminded me of the previous suggestions that he would be a good Littlefinger. His performances in Identity and The Wire do show that he can mix charm and deviousness very well, Littlefinger is a more villainous character but I'm sure he'll do well.

It's still good to see that fan suggestions are worming there way through be it by the casting agents or the agents of the actors mentioned.

He wasn't my favourite choice but he was definitely in the "I'll be happy if they cast him". He has the right look and has shown he can pull off charming/devious. I wonder if he knows just how integral to the show his character is and that he's with the show for the long haul. I'm sure he or his agent will have at least checked to see how many books he's in.

Well, in any case, we're told that it was because he was a small boy and he came from the smallest of the Fingers. ;)

Note that Lysa definitely had NO complaints concerning Littlefinger's ... finger.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that when they had the fight as boys, his finger got cut off at the top, and thereafter he was known laughingly as Littlefinger. It's been a while since I read the first book, so maybe I got it wrong????

It's still good to see that fan suggestions are worming there way through be it by the casting agents or the agents of the actors mentioned.

He wasn't my favourite choice but he was definitely in the "I'll be happy if they cast him". He has the right look and has shown he can pull off charming/devious. I wonder if he knows just how integral to the show his character is and that he's with the show for the long haul. I'm sure he or his agent will have at least checked to see how many books he's in.

:agree: I think he'll be great. I polled for Tom Hollander, but I'm happy with Aidan Gillen.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived