Fargo ValleyCon

One Con, we had fruit and it was an utter disaster. Fruit juice got everywhere and it was sooo sticky. And despite the knives being put away, some freak still found the hugeass butcher knife. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but of the last 6 congoing years, that is something I would highly suggest avoiding.

I know what you mean. They can be a disaster. Do them wrong and it is a huge, sticky, mess. Done right, and they are awesome!

ETA: Just reserved our room for the convention. Went with the convention hotel as it is easier to stagger home that way.

At this point we are planning to get in late Thursday and help out on Friday. Put us to work.

Of course all plans are subject to change as life seems to get in the way sometimes.

Race and I will be coming up Sat morning and spending the night. My son will be going with us as its his birthday Oct 17th. :D My daughter may come as well.

Race and I will be coming up Sat morning and spending the night. My son will be going with us as its his birthday Oct 17th. :D My daughter may come as well.

That's my plan, too. Won't be able to make it Friday night but I will leave early Sat morning and stay the night. I think that's awesome your son will be going!

It'll be great seeing some familiar faces.

I might. Although money is tight, I might be able to use AmEx points for the flight. James isn't here that weekend, and Darling will be hunting...so, my BIG PLANS were initially to clean the floor throughout the house, and focus on the baseboards.

Let's see, baseboards vs. GRRM...:)

NOT much of a choice, there!

That would be awesome!

I'm going to be driving up from south western MN on Friday. This will be my first con and I can't tell you how excited I am. There's a chance I'll need to leave after his keynote to get back to southern MN by later Saturday evening.

I'm up for any BwB events going on Friday and will be more than willing to contribute a good monetary sum to help make sure things are covered and done well. I'll just need to get information on where to be and when for all this stuff. Thankfully I have friends in Fargo so I don't need to worry about a hotel.

Hey everyone! As we're getting pretty damn close to party time, I thought I should hop on and give an update.

The program for con goes to the printer tomorrow, so I assume that the full thing should be available online this weekend. A little late, I know, but I have nothing to do with that part of things, so don't shoot the messenger!

I have everything for the room pretty well in hand. Decor is taken care of. Gift bag for GRRM is done. I'll be picking up food, soda, water, hard liquor, and paper products this weekend. I will accept any and all donations of beer, ice, and cash.

As far as when we're going to kick people out, I haven't a clue. My understanding is that the party rooms have to be open to all from 8pm-2am. I'll confirm that tommorow to be sure.

We won't find out until Thursday night when we can get into the room on Friday, but, once again, anyone that will be here early on Friday and would like to help set up the room is welcome and appreciated! Send me a message and I'll provide my cell phone number.

I can't wait to meet all of you!

I'm going to be there with a friend of mine (my husband is staying home with our twins), but not sure we'll make it to the party room to say hello to anyone. In any case, I hope you guys have a great time!

I'll be getting in late Saturday morning and staying overnight.

Chats -- I'll give you a call (not too early, I promise!) once I am settled.

Ro -- Once you and Steve get in, give me a call-- I'll probably be there before you. Without kids I'm thinking I might make better time than you guys... :P

My daughter will not be joining us, so we only have the birthday boy. Seth is not so bad about getting moving (Rina is the impossible one). :P We haven't talked about exact times, but I am guessing we will be up early afternoon/noonish.

OMG, you guys, I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is supposed to be freezing in Fargo :D

Way back in the day, when I worked at the D'wood as a cocktail waitress (and we will all have to go to the bar there for old time's sake), when it got real cold outside - like January - we would take the bar slops (draft beer and liquor overpour) outside and throw them in the air. See if they froze in the air or on the ground. :)

39 on Friday, 47 on Saturday and 54 on Sunday :-) It's been raining/snowing here the past few days, but don't think it will this weekend.

Archived