Should the United States be more like Europe?

shootme

Wait I just re-read that. Constitutional Monarchy..... Why? Didn't we already have a sort of 'falling out' with the whole monarchy thing? Who would be king of America? If its not me, then I say fuck that. I got your crown jewels right here.

An episode of the West Wing made an semi-serious argument for an American monarch once. It was mainly meant to be amusing, but it made some good points (it made the argument that the 'monarch' would basically be a figurehead head-of-state with no real power, available for all the ribbon cutting and ceremonial duties that the President performs)

Seriously though, monarchy is an outdated idea. The Queen of England isn't anything more than a parasite. She performs no useful function whatsoever, apart from the hilarity provided by her racist idiot of a husband.

Wait I just re-read that. Constitutional Monarchy..... Why? Didn't we already have a sort of 'falling out' with the whole monarchy thing? Who would be king of America? If its not me, then I say fuck that. I got your crown jewels right here.

If you look at it from a certain perspective, it would be fair to say that the Constitution IS our Monarch.

Right. Your capital markets are so efficient and stable that you've had how many major bank failures in the past year? How many is that? To say nothing of your horrible mortage system. On the other hand, Canada's financial system has been widely praised in recent times for its stability. I believe the best that can be said of the US system is that it's not quite as bad as, say, Iceland or the UK.

Just one additional thought here and it will probably get a lot off flaming hate replies but that's the point of such discussion boards no? Don't think that US needs to imitate the Old World in anything but it would be nice if Yanks dressed more like Europeans, meaning better. :smoking:

Just one additional thought here and it will probably get a lot off flaming hate replies but that's the point of such discussion boards no? Don't think that US needs to imitate the Old World in anything but it would be nice if Yanks dressed more like Europeans, meaning better. :smoking:

Yes. More specifically, it would be nice if American women dressed more like European women. Moreover, on average, it would be nice if American women were looking as nice as European women, in general. Let's be honest- assuming that American and European are equally facially attractive (which is a fair assumption), then it's obvious that European women are more attractive on average, considering that only 5%-10% of them are overweight at the most, whereas a good 35% of ours are.

We should focus on hyping our culture and the perceived efficacy of our social welfare programs to the max, which i think we can do. We should also endeavor to increase our reality tv show ratio about ten fold, and for sure become clinically obsessed with the wives and girlfriends of footballers which i also think is doable. Increasing overt racism without actually having diversity is going to be the real tough one.

We should focus on hyping our culture and the perceived efficacy of our social welfare programs to the max, which i think we can do. We should also endeavor to increase our reality tv show ratio about ten fold, and for sure become clinically obsessed with the wives and girlfriends of footballers which i also think is doable. Increasing overt racism without actually having diversity is going to be the real tough one.

Ouch, that really hurts Caliban, really hurts. Are all Americans so mean :( .

Oooh, maybe all it would take to turn you on is if American women stopped shaving their armpit hair? And certainly those Brazilian bikini waxes would be out of the question, too, since I assume European women prefer a more "au naturel" look in the bikini area as with their underarms, also.

Is this even factually based? Ive of course heard the stereotype, but i banged a well kept french girl so anecdotally they are the same if not better then their american counterparts. Also, anecdotally, i lack the sexual competency of the a typical french guy.

Is this even factually based? Ive of course heard the stereotype, but i banged a well kept french girl so anecdotally they are the same if not better then their american counterparts. Also, anecdotally, i lack the sexual competency of the a typical french guy.

I was in Italy some years ago, we were at a local cafe. We were just sitting around chatting, my guy friends were checking out a slim Italian woman in her mid-20s when suddenly she lifted up her arm to flag down a waiter. Everyone at the table recoiled at the bush. Then we started seeing it everywhere.

Anecdotally, I'll say that there is much truth.

I was in Italy some years ago, we were at a local cafe. We were just sitting around chatting, my guy friends were checking out a slim Italian woman in her mid-20s when suddenly she lifted up her arm to flag down a waiter. Everyone at the table recoiled at the bush. Then we started seeing it everywhere.

Im sure these habits die quickly. I dont want much hair on my women, and honestly i dont know why women would want hair on them. Dont european chicks look through magazines and get self conscious too!?

I hooked up with a Norwegian girl a few years back. She was gorgeous to behold when fully clothed. When I got her home and got her clothes off, it was like having intercourse with a Wookie. There was long, thick (but incredibly soft) hair EVERYWHERE...

Hmmm... I spent a month in Italy and never saw the pit bush. Not once. Nor the lack of personal hygiene. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I think it is just yet another stereotype.

From what I have observed it seems that Europe is really ahead of the USA in alot of important ways.

For sure. We are definitely lacking in both canals and foreskins on this side of the Pond. Also, I can get behind any sort of reform that will allow me to smoke a cigarette at the dinner table while waiting for the check.

You just wait till Eurabia arrives with its desert sands and Koran sanctified circumcisions.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but certain places like Ireland and Scotland have been quite aggressive in banning smoking. Perhaps old Europe is still holding out - although I thought I heard tell of even airports like de Gaulle banning smoking on their premises.

If you look at it from a certain perspective, it would be fair to say that the Constitution IS our Monarch.

An interesting idea (especially as Britain for example has an unwritten constitution), though the Flag also is our monarch in some ways.

But I think flesh and blood is superior to cloth or paper.

Archived