A Storm of Stars: Casting HBO's "Game of Thrones"

JaimesSeveredHand

i don't like your list.

you've not selected anyone to play the most important character in the series....Hodor. :rofl:

while I agree with many of the sentiments above, i think it is an interesting list and like many of your picks.

I think, however, one might think to an unconventional talent pool for the Cleganes --- Professional Wrestlers. Some can be decent actors -- isn't that what they do?-- and they have the size for the part. Just my 2cents.

Robert Z'dar, Clancy Brown, Noah Segan (not Stark-ish enough), I don't agree with. If Jesse Erwin doesn't grow some more hair, then I can't quite see him as Jaime either.

I do however, thing you've struck gold with Jason Momoa. He seems fit for the role very well.

@boiled leather: Yeah, wrestlers would actually have the right physique to play the Clegane Bros'. But I don't believe they have the right acting skills to fit the bill.

I think, however, one might think to an unconventional talent pool for the Cleganes --- Professional Wrestlers. Some can be decent actors -- isn't that what they do?-- and they have the size for the part. Just my 2cents.

I'm with Winter Crow on this. You might get away with a wrestler for Gregor but definitely not for Sandor.

We did strongly consider wrestlers for the Cleganes. Like others have already said, something about it seems a little off.

The Hodor joke is funny, but I'm actually really surprised that no one has mentioned one important character we did leave off - Bran. We just couldn't come up with a talented enough kid.

He's also on a show called Grey's Anatomy at the moment so he may be unavailable.

Kevin McKidd would make a great JL, but he's a red head, and I would hope that he wouldn't look too freaky as a blonde. PLus, I loove him, Vorenus had that same type of behavior Jamie has, good, yet bad, arrogant, but not, morally questionable, vulnerable, and a fighter, perfect for the Kingslayer.However, he's not only on GA but there are rumours of a movie version of Rome. Vorenus might not be on GA or GOT if that comes to pass

k

Vorenus was more like Ned than he was Jaime.

Maybe, for the first season. However, in the second season, to gain and maintain the control of the Aventine, Vorenus acted and became more like Jaime. All you have to do is watch the episode titled, Son of Hades, and you will see what I mean.

I'm aware that he is working on Grey's Anatomy, but there is always hope. I'm hopeful that him and HBO could potentially find a shooting schedule without conflicting with his shoting of Grey's Anatomy.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, everyone criticizes the age aspect, but I say: People play younger all of the time on TV. Kristen Bell was playing a high school kid within the past 2 or 3 years. I'd be surprised if the actress cast to play Dany is under 18, especially if they plan to include the sex scenes and such. Beyond that, I'm really not aware of any 12 year old actresses with the talent to pull it off. There may be some out there. I have to come up with cast choices of the people I'm familiar with, and I opted to go with talent over superficial stuff like age in some cases and looks (to some degree) in other cases.

Lol. If you think talent should take that much precedence over age, why not just get Meryl Streep to play her? There is a huge difference between an 18 year old playing a 13 year old, and a 30 year old playing a 13 year old.

Meryl Streep played an excellent rabbi in Angels in America. A guy rabbi. She can definitely pull Dany off.

Hell, if they make this like an Eddie Murphy film and have Streep play everyone it will work. Meryl Streep is the greatest actress ever.

Actually, that's a good idea. Let's not bother with all this casting malarkey and just cast Meryl Streep as everything.

Can't wait to see her Tyrion.

;)

(I love Meryl Streep. If only there was actually a part that she'd suit ...)

He's also on a show called Grey's Anatomy at the moment so he may be unavailable.
Really? Crap. Why do bad shows happen to good actors?

I've become convinced that HBO will work its magic and come up with unknowns to play the kids who are way more suited for the roles than anyone we will suggest.

Archived