Cricket VI

Stubby

I see what you mean about upping the pressure, but given that England were already scoring relatively freely and weren’t having any trouble, I just don’t think the pressure needed to be upped.

But yeah, maybe you’re right. I’m just struggling for a bit of patience for Bopara and particularly Pietersen at the moment. They may have gotten out to good balls, but it felt a bit like they were going to get out quickly anyway.

I don't have much sympathy for Pietersen or Collingwood, it was clear they needed to play in a more controlled manner. I just think with Bopara coming out with England only one wicket down for a couple of hundred runs and Strauss at the other end that was a reasonable time to play in an aggressive manner.

The match situation is starting to look less rosy for England now Prior is out cheaply as well.

Well, Australia have their five wickets, but England are going to get around 360 or 370.

Still very much England's game though. They should still get close to 500 if not more.

Collingwood's dismissal was by far the worst of the lot. Re: Bopara and Pietersen I agree that they seem to be playing a little too breezily at the moment. Neither hint at permanence at the crease; Bopara had a couple of edges and plays and misses before he got out, while Pietersen was lucky to escape a bouncer that he skied almost straight up in the air. They both got out to good balls, but they had both offered chances before.

Flintoff out cheaply as well, that's an awful performance from England's middle order in light of the conditions and the difficulties the Australian bowlers were having. :bang:

I agree, although England's deep order means they can still rescue some of their mistakes. Broad and Swann can bat a fair bit, so there are runs to be squeezed out of the lower order.

Still, playing a side with only three bowlers, one of whom has gone crazy, and having made a near 200 opening stand, England have got to be disappointed. On the positive side, Johnson is continuing to bowl absolute pies. He's yielded 19 boundaries in 17 overs and is still going for above 6 an over.

Hilfenhaus has 10 maidens, which I might point out is twice as many as the rest of the Australian team combined. He really has bowled well, and a lot of overs, too.

I switched on the radio for the half-hour drive home, and Prior and Flintoff both got out. The commentators noted that Bopara had got out with the score on 222, and Flintoff was out on 333.

I switched on the radio for the half-hour drive home, and Prior and Flintoff both got out. The commentators noted that Bopara had got out with the score on 222, and Flintoff was out on 333.

Its all because David Shepherd wasn't standing on one leg.

England are 15/3 after four overs this morning

Making those guys who threw their wickets away yesterday look even more like c*nts

Yeah looks like England are going to end up with what is a pretty bad score considering the start they had plus the fact the Australians have got basically 2 front line bowlers.

At this rate I think some serious consideration needs to be given as to whether Jimmy Anderson is the right man to be batting at 3 in the England lineup.

22-2 for lunch is even better.

Ponting shouldn't have being out caught, but from the sound of it he would have being lbw anyway.

Much as I want to, I can't disagree with that.

At this rate I think some serious consideration needs to be given as to whether Jimmy Anderson is the right man to be batting at 3 in the England lineup.

You know, I think you might be on to something...

:lol:

In all seriousness, he's probably England's most improved player over the last couple of years. His bowling, batting and fielding have all improved a huge amount.

Australia in trouble at 114-5. :)

Archived