Yet Another World of Warcraft Thread

Mack Kilimaro

I recently moved, so I'm using a wireless connection for the moment (my PC is too far to physically connect to the router). Of course, this means that I can no longer enter any major city without disconnecting, which wouldn't be so bad except nobody uses the LFG channel, really, and instead spams trade for raids/heroics.

On the positive side, I was fortunate enough to have a whopping one character not in a major city which I could use to request having every other one moved. Guess it's time to work on loremaster achievements till I get my internet worked out :thumbsdown:

cool, thanks Kal. Didn't realize it included that.

guess it will take a little longer to get Explorer. Course, if the faction change option is included in 3.2 as well, I could fund the DK from my pally...

aw, c'mon Mandy, nothin' but love for ya!!

S'ok Grey. I've noticed I seem to bring that out in a lot of people. The name books claim that "Amanda" means "loveable" or "worthyt of love" or something, but I think it means "fun to pick on".

is there a difference between those? :)

Week, to share some praise.... you did really well on 25 man Yogg. One-shotting him was a very pleasant surprise. You're definitely improving a lot, and folks are noticing.

Thanks Steg, I appreciate it. No stupid nonsense like missing portals, pulling aggro in phase 3, or going insane by getting pwned by purple beams. Only problem was I didn't get a bop off because I was focusing on portals and such, but it wasn't a problem for that run. Next time. :)

Also, re the drop tonight, it was only a minor upgrade for me so I figured someone with lower dkp may have needed more...I'll just poke on everything now. :P

-Kal, sorry to hear you had a rough night. You should see my screenshot of 5 people quoting you at the same time in different chat channels.... "Seriously, Fuck You Wutang." I spit out my water.

Haha, made me choke on my beer.

Ro, Dash, Week - thank you again for the help/mats/crafted items; very nice to have purplez again!! :)

No probs. :)

eta- Stegho, your running post in genchat made me lol...classic.

Thanks for the offers for free shit guys, appreciate it! (week/ro).

Not going to get overly obsessed with gear (never have in any game, and probably won't either), especially since I spent weeks doing heroics to gear my mage for no reason. Having decent tank gear though would be required for me to tank naxx. The raids gets boring as fuck, and I'd assume tanking would be more fun...

Lyanna - I'm holy. I had a L70 shadow priest in BC, and I got my mage if I want to DPS. I dual-spec'd though so we'll see. I'll look at disc, since I just assumed holy was best and grabbed a spec. I think I do pretty well as a healer, although I fuck up occasionally with heal order, or using the wrong spell, and predicting damage spikes in fights (but assume that comes with more experience).

I ran as dk tank through nexus, and I sucked. Nothing THAT bad, but I don't have perfect situation awareness, and I get in faceroll mode with abilities... so I probably just need to practice a little more (only real fuckup was random add in the back which I didn't notice). I'll probably run the next level of quests in tank spec just to practice my rotations and shit so they go flawlessly, and maybe just get use to my extra tank abilities routinely. I also created a tank gear list and read up on stats and shit...

I then ran nexus with my priest in the same group. I think I did a FAR better job of healing than the healer I replaced. I think he was disc vs my holy, but I'm pretty happy with my wack-a-mole skills these days. I realize my last suck ass healing round with Team Gray was primarily to me not using prayer of mending, and also bothering to get circle of healing (not to mention I was 68 I think). Adding both spells to my rotation are the difference of people dying to aoes and circle giving me an opportunity to drop some big heals as well.

Currently leaning towards playing my DK as a tank for raiding heavily when I get him to L80, since it seems to be fun. I always liked playing a warrior, so I can live the OP alt dream as a dk...

Archived