Yet Another World of Warcraft Thread

Mack Kilimaro

Honestly, my secondary spec is Arms and I'm not really sure why my DPS isn't higher. It hits 1500 on a good day, and usually hovers around 1300-1400. I've been concentrating on tanking, it's true, and I don't have a ton of good DPS gear, but I still feel like it should be a lot higher. I think my rotation is pretty solid, but can y'all think of anything obvious I might be missing?

ETA: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents...=Fire+and+Blood

Honestly, my secondary spec is Arms and I'm not really sure why my DPS isn't higher. It hits 1500 on a good day, and usually hovers around 1300-1400. I've been concentrating on tanking, it's true, and I don't have a ton of good DPS gear, but I still feel like it should be a lot higher. I think my rotation is pretty solid

I have this exact same problem, only I'm fury and I do 2k DPS, 2.4 on a good day. that's in raid though. I am still using a crafted 2 hander in my offhand, but my DPS gear is decent I guess. I just really suck, and I dont really have time to practice.

Fuck you, Squishie! Get some Stam!

No...please...I just finished convincing an arms warrior that he doesn't need to stack stamina over Str.

Gonna be on the baby DKs tonight a bit - if you guys aren't in Ulduar I'll pst.

Yags, your dps will vary based on fight, and buffs if you're in 10 or 25 man. Usually on a 25 man patchwork I should easily hit 3.6k to 3.9k (occasionally over 4k but that's all due to RNG). There are other fights where I'll suck it up at 2.2K like some of the shit in ulduar I did for the first time.

If you're talking about naxx, a LOT of it will vary based on having done the fights, knowing EXACTLY when to do something, timing cooldowns when needed, and timing with things like bloodlust. Obviously I'm not a warrior, but doing small things like knowing when to pop my 4 key cooldowns (+sp, +crit, cast speed boost, -threat +dmg mirror image) is a huge factor in my dps. Like generally I bust out all my cooldowns early in a fight, after my focus magic procs (+crit), so that all my CDs refresh by the end of the fight. Others, like Loetheb, I wait till I get the massive crit buff, then pop my CDs. I almost always will save my +sp buff for when bloodlust is up, and make sure I pop my gems to boost my mana BEFORE BL, so I don't accidentally run out towards the end.

Are you at hit cap btw? You got your prot gear on in your profile...

Also, don't bother caring about your dps on naxx trash before bosses. Honestly that shit is irrelevant, and people dying to pad their dps is fucking retarded, not to mention it is purely based on aoe. Like when I'm frost spec, whoopty fucking do, I get 5k on trash, and 2.8k on bosses. Much more important for me to have 3.4k on boss and 4k on trash (or less if I do shit like remove curse). It's the reason I only bother looking at my overall damage on boss fights where I don't aoe heavily (like 1 blizzard during the first boss on the beatles pads another 50-100k dmg).

Battlebots are in!! Login at the moutain dew site and there's a button on the lower right to claim your bot. It asks you for your battle.net login and password, then it says congrats, you've received a bot in your ingame mailbox.

Good news: It says I have a bot, so I hope it worked even though I am Canadian.

Bad news: there's no code associated with the bot, so you cant give your bot pet away.

Also, don't bother caring about your dps on naxx trash before bosses. Honestly that shit is irrelevant, and people dying to pad their dps is fucking retarded, not to mention it is purely based on aoe. Like when I'm frost spec, whoopty fucking do, I get 5k on trash, and 2.8k on bosses. Much more important for me to have 3.4k on boss and 4k on trash (or less if I do shit like remove curse). It's the reason I only bother looking at my overall damage on boss fights where I don't aoe heavily (like 1 blizzard during the first boss on the beatles pads another 50-100k dmg).
it's really important, because if you beat George on trash he'll cry.

And it's always important to make George cry.

Grats on Yoggie!

I managed a couple of heroics; tanked UK and dps'd Nexus, for a pair of dps upgrades. Unfortunately either nobody was doing Vault last night or I missed the groups by 15 minutes. And that means that aside from dropping by after Ulduar tomorrow (if we have WG around 11), no attempts for me til Friday.

I /boggle at the <1200 dps too. Over the weekend I tanked H-Nexus with an arms warrior in group who was doing 900 or so. Though he happily linked last fight dps when he peaked at 1900 (i.e. bladestorm was active the whole fight). And the little snot rolled need on a tanking cloak, which I actually need, and of course wore it to dps.

Now even considering that DKs are probably still noticeably OP... I'm DW Frost, which is known to be subpar for death knights. I have two epics (spiked titansteel helm and staggering legplates) and only 6 of my other items are ilvl 200. I easily pull 1900, and peak around 2400 in 5-mans. Without popping trinkets or really pushing myself.

My warrior's dps gear is in theory better than it was, but the being short by about 100 hit has me rather worried. Fortunately the next time FL drops his +hit trinket I'll probably get that by default, replace my emerald boar, and while it'll be an AP loss, it'll prop me back up to cap. Though I'd much rather he drops the bracers tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the guy organizing our alt Naxx runs has chosen my D&D night as the time, so I really can't attend it regularly. And I could really use that big loot pinata.

Wow, I was bugged last night on Razorscale, who was my first boss of the night. I get this bug sometimes when they invite and summon me to the raid before I'm even fully loaded in game. Basically, all I can do is auto attack, and strange things happen like sets in my item rack disappear. They pulled when I was in a weird combo of gear, and I basically couldnt do anything all fight.

WWS shows me at 446 DPS for the fight :lol:

Sometimes if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. My Horde 10 man raid was without our paladin tank this week as he's on vacation. People were talking about taking the night off because where would we find a tank? I said fuck that, have our Enh shaman go resto and I'll go prot for the night. One-shot all of Siege and Antechamber (except for Assembly of Iron, who took 2 tries because the DK fucked up the pull the first time) and our best single night of progress ever. It's possible we could have added Hodir to the tally, but I didn't have crit immune with a piece of FR gear because I never expected to tank that encounter tonight, figuring we'd stop before that.

Nothin' quite like a job well done.

Grats Mack :)

You can do Hodir without FR resist. We normally just use a totem or pally aura for resists and just nuke his sorry arse instead. Almost easier that way. If you have a priest or a pally in your raid, have them PS/GS you at frozen blows, have the pally sacrifice and use your own CDs. It should be enough for a win. :)

We're apparently going to start on the hard modes soon. I am a little bit ambivalent about that. While there are some nice items (I think a wicked healing staff off Thorim or Hodir) it's just an utter PITA to work on.

That said, Vezax ten man hard mode plz :P

Actually, I think Constellus and Staff of Endless Winter might be better in the end, but I just feel cynical that our guild will be that quick in taking down Hard mode Hodir enough times for it to

a) drop and

b) me to have enough DKP for it.

In the next major content patch, we intend to adjust mount requirements to further improve the leveling experience in World of Warcraft. In addition, cast times for summoning all mounts will be reduced to 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds. The following is a breakdown of the upcoming cost and level requirement changes we are making for each riding skill.

Apprentice Riding (Skill 75)

60% land mount speed

Requires level 20

Cost: 4 gold

Mount cost: 1 gold

Mail will be sent to players at level 20 guiding them to the riding trainer

Journeyman Riding (Skill 150)

100% land mount speed

Requires level 40

Cost: 50 gold

Mount cost: 10 gold

Mail will be sent to players at level 40 guiding them back to the riding trainer

Expert Riding (Skill 225)

150% flying mount speed; 60% land mount speed

Requires level 60

Cost: 600 gold (faction discounts now apply)

Mount Cost: 50 gold

Can now be learned in Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde)

Artisan Riding (Skill 300)

280% flying mount speed; 100% land mount speed

Requires level 70

Cost: 5,000 gold (faction discounts now apply)

Mount Cost: 100 gold

I remember running up and down stranglethorn vale... I walked to the Badlands to go to Uldaman. Those were the days :(

Speeding up of the basic flying mount and being able to acquire it at lvl 60 will be a huge boost to leveling alts through the dead zones of Outland now. You should be able to get a ton of experience the moment you hit level 60 just from exploring all of Outland, and then blast through HFP, Zang and Nagrand in no time.

Thumbs up to Blizzard.

Man, I paid how much for a 100% speed mount?

Mack's right, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. So, unless I'm getting a whole new computer, it looks like I need to delete an obsolete alt, level hordeside, and make a point of trying to cause Horde to lose Wintergrasp by stealing away a useful vehicle to a corner or something.

That way I can experience VoA failpugs.

Why don't I just help Alliance win, you ask?

1. I lack PvP gear, aside from a bare three drops from Archavon/Emalon (two of which are pants).

2. I lack PvP skill even more than I lack PvP gear.

3. My computer suffers a seizure with mass PvP, which means that my presence in zone Alliance-side is actually going to improve the Horde's chances of winning by helping them get a buff for being outnumbered, while I lag my way to Release Spirit.

Turns out I had until 9:30 last night, so I popped on hoping to get a Vault pug or two. Watched Alliance lose WG (though it was close; another minute or two might have won it), so I just went and banged out my daily quests quickly.

We're apparently going to start on the hard modes soon. I am a little bit ambivalent about that. While there are some nice items (I think a wicked healing staff off Thorim or Hodir) it's just an utter PITA to work on.

Only took some of my friends 92 attempts to get FL on hard mode :P

It did seem fun and it did make sense when I logged on in the afternoon breifly to see what was happening and then logged in the evening to see them still in there.

I remember running up and down stranglethorn vale... I walked to the Badlands to go to Uldaman. Those were the days :(

Hah! How about having to walk from Ironforge to Silverpine Forest if you were Alliance and wanted to go to Shadowfang Keep? I'll grant you that a Horde walk from Arathi to Badlands is nearly as bad.

Phelan, while Wintergrasp is a PVP zone, the battle does not really emphasize one-on-one PVP (though it may happen sometimes) or PVP between evenly-numbered groups. You can be terrible at PVP and still helpful with Wintergrasp as long as you play enough to understand the objectives and get a bit of a feel for the tactics needed to win. Most of the people who play in Wintergrasp probably are mouth-breathers who do not understand how to actually win. Oh, sure, they probably know you have to knock down the keep door and capture the relic to win, but they don't understand HOW you go about doing this.

You can also ride in a vehicle and do great. Though I can't help you much with the lag fest, but if you stay in the southern half of the map you may find yourself lagging less. It is pretty fun, and I hate PVP. I'm kind of burned out on it at the moment, though. Was trying to get the Wintergrasp Veteran (100 victories) and I got to 78 and was tired of running it every day, one or two times a day.

We're not working on hard modes right now. It makes sense, and it's not like we're being challenged by other guilds. We just need to get Yogg reliably down before we can reasonably spend time on hard modes.

Though we did really well on Hodir last night; without optimizing the casters, we got under 5 minutes. That was with a rogue on the boss all the time, which is really suboptimal. With that level of DPS and with the casters getting more into it, and maybe optimizing who we free, I think we could do it fairly easily.

And I got to do the first part of Ulduar again! I'm going to see if I can switch from Fri to Wed come the summertime - with the kids out of school it's not as necessary for me to be home. Doing all the first two sections + Hodir and Thorim in one raid was nice. Even got to tank, and that was fun. :) Hopefully I'll be able to do this Friday too, but it's not looking super likely.

Hah! How about having to walk from Ironforge to Silverpine Forest if you were Alliance and wanted to go to Shadowfang Keep? I'll grant you that a Horde walk from Arathi to Badlands is nearly as bad.

Phelan, while Wintergrasp is a PVP zone, the battle does not really emphasize one-on-one PVP (though it may happen sometimes) or PVP between evenly-numbered groups. You can be terrible at PVP and still helpful with Wintergrasp as long as you play enough to understand the objectives and get a bit of a feel for the tactics needed to win. Most of the people who play in Wintergrasp probably are mouth-breathers who do not understand how to actually win. Oh, sure, they probably know you have to knock down the keep door and capture the relic to win, but they don't understand HOW you go about doing this.

You can also ride in a vehicle and do great. Though I can't help you much with the lag fest, but if you stay in the southern half of the map you may find yourself lagging less. It is pretty fun, and I hate PVP. I'm kind of burned out on it at the moment, though. Was trying to get the Wintergrasp Veteran (100 victories) and I got to 78 and was tired of running it every day, one or two times a day.

Oh there were some fun walks. Heading to SFK and always, always forgetting to grab the flight path in Southshore after swimming from Menethil. Running from Darnassus to Ironforge at 12 or so. Heading to Scarlet Monastery likewise; you want us to run through 2 full Horde zones because we can't go to Chillwind and through Andorhal? And the main questline starts in Desolace? Which is in of itself a pain to get to, especially since you probably weren't questing in Stonetalon, if in Kalimdor at all.

It's more of a system performance thing, honestly. My computer behaves just fine in 5 mans and 10-mans, gets sluggish and a little jerky in 25-mans... becomes almost unusable when there's a lot of PvP going on. I dropped into Wintergrasp a time or two, and it was a matter of lagging until I saw a Release Spirit button. To the extent of I probably didn't even hurt anything. Maybe I got a consecrate off and someone walked through it. In essence, I'm contributing more to Horde getting the buff to compensate for being outnumbered than I am to Alliance victory if I show up.

Tonight should be our first shot at Auriaya.

Archived