Mafia Game 65.5: Twonnocent

House Targaryen

And you?

Pretty sure the answer is clear in my past few posts.

Dalt knew about the knowing, you don't seem to have. And you haven't answered his question. *a serious vote*

Looks like Doggett is implying that he knew too. So Doggett, you get the fun follow up question.

We know one person on our team. What else do we know?

Answer correctly and you get a treat. Answer wrong, and we know you for an imposter.

Dalt knew about the knowing, you don't seem to have. And you haven't answered his question. *a serious vote* Thorne

I did not answer the question and you did not, too. And Dalt did neither. And Jordayne. And Dogget.

Can you imagine why?

To be honest Thorne, I don't know for sure that others were given team member's names. I was waiting to see if you could save yourself or if you would hang yourself further. I'm leaning towards you not knowing being a fairly suspicious thing and will likely place my vote on you, but would like to hear from some others before I do so.

Pretty sure the answer is clear in my past few posts.

Looks like Doggett is implying that he knew too. So Doggett, you get the fun follow up question.

We know one person on our team. What else do we know?

Answer correctly and you get a treat. Answer wrong, and we know you for an imposter.

I love trick questions. :P

I know my role, my team and the name of one person on my team. So really, the answer is nothing.

I did not answer the question and you did not, too. And Dalt did neither. And Jordayne. And Dogget.

Can you imagine why?

nope. I have no problems admitting I know someone. No one named their person, just hinted they knew someone. What is wrong with that?

Can you imagine why?

You're looking kind of desperate.

First off, just read my posts. I clearly implied that I knew of innocent reasons why one player might signal another.

Second, I might be willing to buy that only one of us on each team has extra information. I assumed otherwise - thought we would all get some info - but I guess I could be wrong. But Shawney didn't reveal everything, and if it turns out that Doggett or somebody else can provide the rest of the puzzle, then there's more than just 2 of us, and I'm forced to conclude that we all probably got information. Except for the FM.

I love trick questions. :P

I know my role, my team and the name of one person on my team. So really, the answer is nothing.

Seriously? You don't know anything else? Check your PM again.

If you stick with the answer 'nothing', I'm going to have to conclude you are lying to look innocent.

Unless Shawney makes the same claim....in which case I have to wonder if we all really did get the same amount of information. Because I know something beyond all that.

Seriously? You don't know anything else? Check your PM again.

If you stick with the answer 'nothing', I'm going to have to conclude you are lying to look innocent.

Unless Shawney makes the same claim....in which case I have to wonder if we all really did get the same amount of information. Because I know something beyond all that.

nope, that is it. not lying. what I am hoping is that the persons are not reciprocal. (but then, that is not so bad either).

I also know my role, my faction and another team member. That is all.

Hmm. Okay.

I'll probably consider anybody who can reveal the additional information that I have VPI. If everyone checks in and nobody can tell me what it is, though, then I'll go ahead and reveal it.

In the meantime, I really feel that Thorne was desperately trying to save himself rather than being an innocent who was puzzled as to why he didn't get some extra info.

I will be around for a bit and will vote after others have checked in on the new developments.

All right, Thorne, I'll play your game.

What do you think Waterman's motivations for signalling to Wagstaff would be? Especially if you believe Waterman's the FM. Do you think two FM partners would blatantly RP together like that? Is it's a sign that Wagstaff is a symp? Those are your two explanations?

I think it's pretty obvious as to what I was fishing for here. When I saw Thorne accuse Waterman of being a symp, it rang warning bells in my head, but then Shawney popped up with his case on Waterman and Wagstaff and I decided to question him instead.

So you can't think of a satisfying explanation.

The second quote, unfortunately, doesn't prove anything, simply because I'm such a slow writer that I cross-posted it way after the reveal happened. I was actually going to finish it with a "How interesting" or "Hmm," but I thought it would give things away. I didn't want Shawney to pick up on what was going on.

Now the question becomes ... are there some innocents who did not get any info at all beyond role and faction? I find it unlikely ... maybe?

I also start to think it's unlikely. I also know someone. The reason why I hesitated to admit it is that I didn't want to end as an early NK. I was convinced that I was the only one of my team who did know something and I want my team to win. :dunce:

I also start to think it's unlikely. I also know someone. The reason why I hesitated to admit it is that I didn't want to end as an early NK. I was convinced that I was the only one of my team who did know something and I want my team to win. :dunce:

Why would you think that? My assumption was everyone knew someone, or we'd be lovers as a role.

I know it's not much, but here it is:

I'm not impressed by the whole Waterman/Wagstaff issue. I don't think that the FM have symps.

I don't like the reasoning behind Dogget's vote for Waterman, but I also don't think it's a sign of guilt. Right now I also have some trouble to find someone I can vote for and a convincing reason that gives my vote the power that it needs. :unsure:

I did not accidently word the bolded part like this.

Furthermore, I tried to derail the Waterman/Wagstaff case because it was based on a FM/symp relationship, which I knew was impossible.

Why would you think that? My assumption was everyone knew someone, or we'd be lovers as a role.

Hard to tell you how I came to that conclusion without referring to meta informations. My assumption was that I was the only one in my faction with tat knowledge, so I had two objects in this game:

1) Not letting my "partner" or me die.

2) Trying to find out who was the symp of the other innocent team and getting him lynched.

Not very convincing Thorne.

I know why a lot of you were jumping on me, but I wanted to keep pushing to see where it went. If I played by 'normal' rules and scum tells, I was wondering if it would become obvious who knew there were other reasons why innocents would signal. Maybe I was also taking cues from my partner on who to suspect ... or maybe not. I came to realize that I was becoming a serious suspect and didn't want it to go any further down that road. I'm not sure if I am sorry that meta is being used or not. It's info, it was going to be used at some point, and we are evil bastards that will use what we have. If I didn't do it, someone else would have.

One thing I do not want to happen at this early stage is creating a chain of friends to pick off the FM. I'm sure it will happen in a day or two, but please not this early.

Archived