Mafia Game 65.5: Twonnocent

House Targaryen

One more point:

if I was an FM, why did I explicitely state that I think that Shawney was the only symp of his team? Why not leaving my options open? Why not sit and wait for others to react like Mlecolm did?

If anyone is still here - please read the post of Melcolm that I qouted. No way an innocent would have written these things. No way.

ETA:

You got a killer? When?

Here!

If anyone is still here - please read the post of Melcolm that I qouted. No way an innocent would have written these things. No way.

Spell it out for me. What things did he write that an innocent wouldn't write? Quote them, and explain why you feel that way about them.

So I've reread the thread, and I have to agree with whoever said that there can't be a symp. We'd then have unbalanced innocent teams.

So the case on Thorne being FM to Shawney's symp just doesn't work.

So now I have to decide where my vote needs to go instead... or if I want to keep it on Throne.

I've got to reread the thread again.

What's your response to Thorne's case on you?

What is his case on me? That I did things an innocent wouldn't do. I guess I'll need that explained to me. What did I do that an innocent wouldn't do?

I don't wake up well, so my brain is a little addled.

Spell it out for me. What things did he write that an innocent wouldn't write? Quote them, and explain why you feel that way about them.

Melcolm was voting Shawney for protecting me. The other two he was interested in lynching were Waterman and Wagstaff for the same reason. Both his cases were based on symp/FM relationships.

If he was truly innocent, he must have known that he wasn't exactly chasing FM with his cases, but more likely other innocents. Since he never agreed with me that one could assume that they were the only symp of their team, he himself must have assumed that most of the others are symps like him.

So why did he accuse and vote others for reasons that he knew where not valid?

edit: clarification

Melcolm was voting Shawney for protecting me. The other two he was interested in lynching were Waterman and Wagstaff for the same reason. Both his cases were based on symp/FM relationships.

If he was truly innocent, he must have known that he wasn't exactly chasing FM with his cases, but more likely other innocents. Since he never agreed with me that one could assume that they were the only symp of their team, he himself must have assumed that most of the others are symps like him.

Not a bad case, relatively speaking. I'd vote for him.

I'd also vote for you still.

We're down to 15 minutes or so. Doubt we're getting a lynch today.

What are your thoughts on what I said about Vikary?

We have less than an hour to go. I'm tired - need sleep soon.

Since there's a good chance night will be over before I wake up, and it's possible I could die (though hopefully unlikely - please don't kill me, FM, I'm sick of dying early!), I guess I should share my extra information. I'd really rather wait until everyone comes back to post, to see if anybody else has this type of info - would love to try to make a VPI. But bottom line is that I can't guarantee I'll be here to post this on day 2, and I want it out there, so....

The 2nd piece of information I was given is that Vikary is my childhood nemesis, and he most definitely is not a member of my faction. He could be FM/symp, or he could be a member of the other team. I would have tried to use the information to get him lynched today, but he only posted twice, so there wasn't much available for me to use.

Anyway, the point is that the odds of him being evil are higher than anybody else. Most of us are at 10% (1/10). Vikary is at 16.7% (1/6). So he should be lynched. I'd love to lynch him now, but I don't think we have enough people here or enough time to do it. I guess I'll throw a vote on him for now - Vikary. Going to go to sleep in about 15 minutes. If he doesn't gather another few votes in that time, then I'll probably just change over to Thorne, since he looks to be the most popular right now, and I still suspect him.

Ok, Vikary then.

edit: clarification

I guess I still don't understand. How am I supposed to know who is and isn't FM again? And I never agreed with you on what?

I made cases based on FM/symp relationships. I took a shower, I skimmed the thread, I smarted-off to Dalt becuase the word "confused" is in my role PM. I went out, had a little too much to drink, came back and laid down. I got up and reread the thread.

I am not sure what I am supposed to be defending myself against here.

I have a name in my PM, yes. It's not any of the 4 people I listed that I would be willing to lynch - Wag, Water, Thorne, or Shawney - but I think that would be pretty clear. I won't tell you who it is, but I guess I could give you a list of 3 or something.

I guess I still don't understand. How am I supposed to know who is and isn't FM again? And I never agreed with you on what?

I made cases based on FM/symp relationships. I took a shower, I skimmed the thread, I smarted-off to Dalt becuase the word "confused" is in my role PM. I went out, had a little too much to drink, came back and laid down. I got up and reread the thread.

I have a name in my PM, yes. It's not any of the 4 people I listed that I would be willing to lynch - Wag, Water, Thorne, or Shawney - but I think that would be pretty clear. I won't tell you who it is, but I guess I could give you a list of 3 or something.

His case against you can be summarized like this. If you are innocent, you received a PM saying that you know another player on your team. You would be inclined to protect that player. Maybe even signal him. It would be logical to assume that other innocents might also have similar information.

Therefore, it would be illogical for you to hunt the FM by looking for FM/symp interactions...since you would have known that those signals could very easily be innocents trying to signal each other.

Quick question - we only have 4 minutes left. Would you vote Thorne? He's our only option at this point, and I doubt we even have enough people here to lynch him.

Mmmmh, there's a reason why we are not allowed to citate our role PMs, Melcolm. :tantrum:

However, Doggett is likely going to tell you a scenario in which you can be both FM and knowing parts of the innocent PM. :P

Thank you Dalt. That makes sense. And I unfortunately didn't put it together until very late in the game. It never occured to me to "symp" my partner. I simply wouldn't vote for him and if it came down to the wire - like him getting ready to bite it - I would reveal that I had his name.

I'm already voting Thorne.

I'm here, but I'm not really sure we're going to get a lynch today, or even if it's worth it to lynch someone unless we have all the information.

In the game threevil there were three evil factions and no innocents, but in this game it doesn't seem possible to have no guilties because of the way the game mechanics work (we wouldn't get night-kills since there can't be vigilantes and the game would never end, because the winner between the two innocent faction is determined when the killer faction is eliminated). So we do have FM. Making links between players is NOT a good way to find them, though, because we all have links in this game.

I think I agree with Thorne's case on Melcolm bets of all so far, but I also think it's probably too late to lynch anyone. All the action today happened during euro night...

Archived