Mafia Game 65.5: Twonnocent

House Targaryen

Psst, Wagstaff. What you're supposed to do in this situation is claim another name in the Team Dalt chain so as to make us think Mexcer was lying about his partner in order to deliberately throw us off.

You're making it too easy for us by acting so blatantly suspicious.

Also, remaining FM - please do us a favor and kill one of Shawney, Vikary, Melcolm, or Jordayne. Even the innocent teams up a bit. Its only fair.

Please? I'd rather not lose on a stupid technicality like the other team having more players remaining. Would be nice to have everything set back to even.

I'm going to do something stupid and confess to being the healer.

I really don't expect to be able to use another heal after tonight, so I am going to heal Melcolm because a) he is on my team (theoretically) and b) I really want to hear who his team mate is and don't want to have to hold up the night hoping he comes back soon to reveal that. He will live until tomorrow to reveal that info.

Like I said - it's probably stupid, but this is end-game already, so what the hell.

I'm going to do something stupid and confess to being the healer.

I ask for one of you to die, and then you go ahead and offer yourself up like that. Very sweet of you. :P

wow. I guess the game really does need to continue. Have I told you lately how much I love your mind?

:cheers: Thanks.

The unfortunate thing is, I have a bad feeling that I'm missing something. My gut says you are acting innocent. But I have to trust logic over gut. For now.

The unfortunate thing is, I have a bad feeling that I'm missing something. My gut says you are acting innocent. But I have to trust logic over gut. For now.

Wagstaff, and we could have had teams of 4/6 with the 6 including 2 baddies. The set up says the teams can be uneven.

I ask for one of you to die, and then you go ahead and offer yourself up like that. Very sweet of you. :P

I aim to please :) Don't think I did it for you though. I just really didn't want to hold up night, and me waiting for Melcolm would have done that.

I guess I need to wake up before noon if I am going to be in the happening things.

My team member is Doggett.

Remember when I said it didn't occur to me to symp this person? It's true. From my post #61:

Doggett, I'd like to know what you think is a serious vote. You've put the 3rd vote on Waterman when we only need 6 to lynch. It looks pretty serious to me. Your attitude, to me at least, says you are looking for deniability later on in the game.

So apparently, Wagstaff is keeping mum on who he's symping. Oh, well.

In that case, I'd like to draw everyone's attention to this:

I re-read the initial Targaryen posts and they mention that the two faction leaders make a truce. I think it's possible that they are Dalt and Vikary and that we don't each know a different member of our faction, but rather many players know the faction leader. Does this make any sense to anyone? I didn't get a childhood nemesis either, but I do know a member of my faction.

ETA: Can anyone see the problem here? I wanted to wait until Wagstaff came out and claimed a teammate, but he isn't talking, and I'm on Team Probably Won't Survive the Night.

ETA: Can anyone see the problem here? I wanted to wait until Wagstaff came out and claimed a teammate, but he isn't talking, and I'm on Team Probably Won't Survive the Night.

He has to have Vicky or Dalt, both of whom have been claimed.

ETA: Can anyone see the problem here? I wanted to wait until Wagstaff came out and claimed a partner, but he isn't talking, and I'm on Team Probably Won't Survive the Night.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. He's indicating that he got the name Dalt or Vikary. Which doesn't add up.

Ha. I meant the name of the player who is on my team. Anyway, I just saw Spicer's confession, I was just catching up in a rush. A pretty sad end to him. Regardless, my name has been claimed by another player, and I'm innocent.

Okay. Wow. I just realized that I was interpreting this post wrong.

Wagstaff isn't saying that his name of "Wagstaff" has been claimed by another player beyond me and Spicer.

He's saying that the name he was given has already been claimed by somebody else.

Not sure how I missed that before.

So there is no circle on my team. Its Waterman - Thorne - Dalt - Wagstaff....and the name Wagstaff was given wasn't Waterman. Its somebody else who has already been claimed.

And meanwhile, we have a complete chain of 5 on the other side.

It seems to me that Wagstaff is looking far and away the most suspicious, but I have a hard time believing that the teams were so imbalanced as to have 2/3/5. What is the piece we are missing?

*thinks*

Yeah, I'm on the same page as you. The rules say this -

The teams may or may not be equally weighted (hint: look at the number of players).

Okay, so the teams don't have to be equal. But he told us to look at the number of players, which to me indicates that the 2 innocent teams should be equal. Because a 4/4/2 split would be the obvious balance.

Also, in a game where an innocent team wins by having more players at the end, it makes sense for them to start on equal footing. Having a 3 to 5 balance screws one team from the very beginning.

Archived