NYC BWB Pre Con

PJ Clarkes is a chain... I've been to the one in Chicago. Would rather have something local... :)

True, but the original is, in fact, on 55th and 3rd Avenue, in a building that they famously did not sell when the rest of Midtown was being developed. It's been there for over 100 years (and was featured in Mad Men!). The Chicago branches, I believe, have only been around since the mid 1980s (as opposed to 1880s). Parvenues :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not attending the Con, but I might be able to drop in to say hello. I work close to Time Sq.

But I haven't met anyone from the board IRL before, so I'll be carefully weighing your potential as kidney-harvesting whackjobs in the next few weeks.

But I haven't met anyone from the board IRL before, so I'll be carefully weighing your potential as kidney-harvesting whackjobs in the next few weeks.

The many, many ice cube trays and ice buckets in my freezer were made for the cocktail party we had last weekend, I swear!

:leaving:

I think my kidneys are ok.....after this weekend, though, my liver might be considering going on strike :)

You should stop by! I've only ever met one person from the board in IRL. I emerged, kidneys intact, so I'm willing to repeat the experiment.

I'm not attending the Con, but I might be able to drop in to say hello. I work close to Time Sq.

You should definately stop by. I am leaving all my surgical tools at home. :P

Bah, humbug! I, of course, will only be attending in spirit and am only posting in this thread because... well, I don't know actually. Because I want to be there but can't.

My rough count is 16 so far. Do the New Yorker's think it's worth reserving space anywhere or do we think that it may be that people roll in and out that we're better off just chooosing an Irish pub that we think will be more or less quiet.....

But I haven't met anyone from the board IRL before...

I also am not attending the Con, might be able to drop by, work close to Time Sq and haven't met anyone from the board IRL before. Are you sure you're not me??

eta. actually, we might be out of town that weekend so I'll have to see. won't know until closer to then.

I also am not attending the Con, might be able to drop by, work close to Time Sq and haven't met anyone from the board IRL before. Are you sure you're not me??

eta. actually, we might be out of town that weekend so I'll have to see. won't know until closer to then.

Tuesday night. I'd love to meet you too.

• 2 weeks later...

Is everyone still on for this? (Too many worldcon threads for me to keep up with. I get confused)

LP - maybe you want to update the list of people? Are we pretty much set on the Gingerman without reservations?

If it doesn't work out I will be blaming Pod.

If it doesn't work out I will be blaming Pod.

And if it does work out you can blame him anyway. In person!

ETA: Oh, and to actually answer your question, Xray and I are still down for meeting up, though we won't show up until after dinner.

Is everyone still on for this? (Too many worldcon threads for me to keep up with. I get confused)

LP - maybe you want to update the list of people? Are we pretty much set on the Gingerman without reservations?

If we're worried about Gingerman at happy hour, happy to make a resi. Also, we could consider alternatives that might be a little quietr (but the beer might not be as good)......

Here's my list:

LP

Lany

X-Ray (later)

Mr. X (later)

Iskaral Pust

Mountain Goat

Beniowa

Padraig

Dracarys

Zabzy

Bellis

Lugajetboygirl

Turinqui Calima

Maybe BJT

I know I'm missing people......

I'm flying back to Philly that morning from visiting my SO, so I probably won't be up to trekking to NYC later that same day, so count me out for now. If I do make it, it'll be a very last minute decision (and I'll need crash space at the hotel).

Archived