So, I hate Daenerys

Thor85

-loved Dany and her story in AGOT and ASOS. thought her story in ACOK was entirely unmemorable. ADWD was boring political crap. it's sad that the best chapter was the dysentary chapter. But most characters' chapters felt like they were going nowhere in the last 2 books, so meh. I think TWOW will go back to kicking ass and taking names being a compelling narrative with significant character and plot developments.

If she'd shutup about how awesome she is and how everyone keeps waking her dragon, she'd be more tolerable. I roll my eyes every time she goes off about how she's 'Danaerys Stormborn, the unburnt, blah blah blah."

Must be a Targaryen thing. Dorks.

You know, I don't hate Daenerys, I'm just kind of disappointed in her. I liked her in the first 2 books but after that she starting taking some deep nose dives to which I just shrugged and sighed.

So nah, I don't hate Daenerys, I just see her as lost potential.

This thread gets active after the Cat thread is locked-are we as a forum incapable of existing without at least one thread devoted to the Holy Hate Trinity?

Yep, and there was a Sansa hate thread the week before so this makes sense....

Seeing as this thread is soon to be locked, are we due for a Sansa thread?

Oh, I hope not. Besides, there are so many great oppotunities for Sansa hate in all the different threads on here. It comes out pretty much whenever her name is mentioned.

Make a Tyrion one and it'll get active.

Can't handle an argument on rape right now.

Not in the mood for a rape argument right now either. Or a Sasa/Tyrion argument either because that's another one that always comes up. Or Shae either for that matter.

Seeing as this thread is soon to be locked, are we due for a Sansa thread?

Either that or a Stannis dick-riding thread. Because on these forums, it's all about either hating Sansa, Daenerys or Catelyn ... or riding Stannis's dick like it's a horse.

I think there are weaknesses in the Essos storyline. I think Dany herself is an awesome character who I want to see conquer Westeros and take the Iron Throne. I don't really get how some consider her any more entitled than all the other characters who are of the nobility and expect to command by birthright. To me thats not a legitimate character flaw to bring up since this verse has never questioned the social pyramid underlying medieval society. Ergo, by blood she is the legitimate ruler and her desire is totally justified. She is a young girl so some childish behaviour makes sense, if anything Martin makes her MORE mature than she has any right being at that age. Plus I feel, if anything, shes been too merciful and even-handed with her enemies; which didn't work to her advantage in Mereen. I wouldn't say shes crazy. She saw a prophecy of birthing dragons and it happened; theres nothing wrong with putting stock in such propheices past that point. Especially when so much of those prophecies have came true and why there are so many threads on this forum. Her only thing is that she may nievely believe Quiathe has her best interests at heart. For me, if you see the divine or magical then you can't consider it irrational or insane to place stock in such things. In fact its actually quite level-headed and rational. But for a young teenager thats not doing much for her sense of personal security and heightens her fears. Plus a lot of people act like Dany has no right to hate the Usurpers. They brutally murdered her entire family and tried to murder both and her child. Even a nice figure like Aemon on the wall shows clear rage at this fact. You can't blame her for not making fine distinctions between Ned trying to keep her alive. Its like if three men rob your house and kill your family; but you later learn that one of the robbers suggested not blowing your nephews head off. Thats not going to endear you to them.

The single thing I don't like about Dany is that she luvs Daario even though hes blatently one of the contestants off Geordie Shore. :D

Go on Youtube and you will learn what the men off Geordie Shore are like.

I think evidence is gathering that Arya will be beautiful.

-Neds tell her that Lyanna looked like she does at her age.

<div class="spoiler"><strong>SPOILER:</strong> A Feast For Crows<div>-The kindly man tells her, when listing possible things that she could do with her life, that she could be a courtesan of Braavos and have singers compose songs for her. He knows how beautiful she will be.</div></div>

-Gendry and Ned Dayne could be noticing her, as well as the creepy man at the Peach. She may already be prettier than she knows. (She hasn't seen herself in years so she has no reason to notice)

Arya has only one meaningful role in the whole SOIAF and that is to pin point everyone that Jon Snow looks exactly like his mother Lyanna Stark - without putting Lyanna and Jon in the same sentence.

GRRM figured that if Ned had a younger daughter everyone thibks is a spitting image of her auntie Lyanna then It can be later established how Jon and this otherwise unnecessary character look a lot alike. Without waking suspision about Jon actually being Lyanna's offspring.

That is the only reason Arya character exists in the first place. GRRM leads all you Arya-loving people to chase a red herring. Her roe is done and so anything can happen to her as long as she keeps away from the real story.

Archived