Aussies XLVII

Paxter

Canberra Raiders - 56

Brisbane Broncos - 0

I'm not a Raiders supporter, but I think this is close to one of the happiest moments in Australian sporting history. It just brings tears to my eyes, in the good way. Hopefully this might indicate a changing of the guard in Rugby League.

They did it while having what was imo a legitimate try disallowed too, so the score could have been higher.

I have an old Balmain supporters intense dislike of Canberra but they do have my current favourite player in their team atm so I admit that win made me smile.

Its been a strange season though, so many of the old powerhouses are sitting around the bottom of the comp and now it looks like a few teams I'd already written off for the year (Parramatta and my Tigers to start with) are making late surges. I'm looking forward to the finals for the first season in a while.

Canberra Raiders - 56

Brisbane Broncos - 0

I'm not a Raiders supporter, but I think this is close to one of the happiest moments in Australian sporting history. It just brings tears to my eyes, in the good way. Hopefully this might indicate a changing of the guard in Rugby League.

I'm ashamed for my home team. Worst defeat in the history of the team I should think.

Thanks sh_wulf.:)

I wish another guy came along and swept her off her feet so she wouldn't be so hurt. Will happen eventually I think, just not anytime soon.

I've been in Canberra for close to 5 years but still haven't gotten into the raiders. Had their wanker players, but so does every team. When they get on the piss you're more likely to here about there bad behaviour in Canberra. Not many of them really. But hell in my time here I've gone off AFL too and hardly support the eagles or dockers. I need to find a new sport.

Yeah GS might be busy or having a break. I didn't post here regularly for a year because I was busy.

Thanks sh_wulf.:)

I wish another guy came along and swept her off her feet so she wouldn't be so hurt. Will happen eventually I think, just not anytime soon.

Breakups are hard...I find quiet reflection between them before rushing into the next relationship preferable

Yeah GS might be busy or having a break. I didn't post here regularly for a year because I was busy.

know that feeling

Hey Aussies...I dunno how many of you will remember me, or if any of the old crowd are still here, because I haven't logged in for like 5 years! :P But with AussieCon coming up, I thought it was about time I got back into the swing of things!

Hey Aussies...I dunno how many of you will remember me, or if any of the old crowd are still here, because I haven't logged in for like 5 years! :P But with AussieCon coming up, I thought it was about time I got back into the swing of things!

Ishtar!!! :cheers:

How the bloody hell are ya!!??

Another shooting in America means another gun control thread around here and more bullshit about needing guns to protect themselves from their government, Americans being supposedly more pyscho than people of other nations and gun control in Australia leading to more crime. I try to stay out of it.

Another shooting in America means another gun control thread around here and more bullshit about needing guns to protect themselves from their government, Americans being supposedly more pyscho than people of other nations and gun control in Australia leading to more crime. I try to stay out of it.

Yeah it's a weird one. We banned semi/full automatic rifles and there was broad support. To this day it's one of the two things I'll acknowledge the Howard govt. did right on (the other being the Crawford Review into domestic soccer competition :P ).

Sometimes it looks like we've got a lot in common with the yanks: young colonies, outdoorspeople, taking the piss out of the poms but then something like gun control comes up and you realise how different the cultural DNA is...

Yeah it's a weird one. We banned semi/full automatic rifles and there was broad support. To this day it's one of the two things I'll acknowledge the Howard govt. did right on (the other being the Crawford Review into domestic soccer competition :P ).

Sometimes it looks like we've got a lot in common with the yanks: young colonies, outdoorspeople, taking the piss out of the poms but then something like gun control comes up and you realise how different the cultural DNA is...

Over in the gun thread I mentioned how gun control SEEMS, from a media and political POV, to be a non-issue (here) now. Do you guys get the same impression?

Over in the gun thread I mentioned how gun control SEEMS, from a media and political POV, to be a non-issue (here) now. Do you guys get the same impression?

Absolutely.

We've got a Shooters Party in NSW but they're realistically focused on things like more shooting ranges and getting access to National Parks :rolleyes: It's still an issue in Hansonite circles but I've not heard any mainstream calls revoking the handgun restrictions much less the semiautos,

Thanks for the welcome back guys, hope you're all well :)

Guns is the one thing I really can't understand about an American friend of mine. In NZ, hardly anyone has guns, even the cops don't carry guns...In Australia it's a little more common, but nothing like the gun nuts in the US. I try to stay out of the debates because it's something so far out of my understanding - I have no idea why someone would want a gun in their house, let alone on their person at all times.

Thanks for the welcome back guys, hope you're all well :)

Guns is the one thing I really can't understand about an American friend of mine. In NZ, hardly anyone has guns, even the cops don't carry guns...In Australia it's a little more common, but nothing like the gun nuts in the US. I try to stay out of the debates because it's something so far out of my understanding - I have no idea why someone would want a gun in their house, let alone on their person at all times.

Unless your a farmer.

I understand that farmer's need guns. But there's plenty of people who don't need them and claim they have 'property' and need a gun for pest control, when their property is only a narrow 5 acre block with the residence less than 50m from the neighbours and they just drink beer and pop off shots down the back for no reason. And they shoot the neighbours dog because they can. And that's no generalisation, I'm speaking from personal experience.

Also, a guy I went to school with accidently shot himself dead with his farmer father's rifle. We could definitely do with a lot less guns in Australia.

Ski, I'm definitely in for it, and I'm guessing horza would be as well.

www.footytips.com.au would be my website of choice, but it's up to you really. Start up a league and let me know what the code is.

I understand that farmer's need guns. But there's plenty of people who don't need them and claim they have 'property' and need a gun for pest control, when their property is only a narrow 5 acre block with the residence less than 50m from the neighbours and they just drink beer and pop off shots down the back for no reason. And they shoot the neighbours dog because they can. And that's no generalisation, I'm speaking from personal experience.

Also, a guy I went to school with accidently shot himself dead with his farmer father's rifle. We could definitely do with a lot less guns in Australia.

they also shoot at those dangerous road signs ;)

Archived