RIP EHK

EHK for Darwin

My condolences to you and your family Chris.

I never got to meet Tom, but if it is possible to judge a person based on how he communicates, your brother was one of the best. The breadth of his knowledge and his passion on various topics have been inspirational to me to learn about topics I previously might not have spent much time thinking about.

As you can see by the responses, he touched a lot of people and did what the great ones do - made people think and question.

He will be sorely missed. RIP Tom.

Yeah, that's just about the worst news I've had in a very long time.

He was one of the very best of us.

This.

Wow. Just. Wow. I'm horribly shocked. All too sad. Condolences to his family.

RIP. You will be forever missed, EHK.

I had the pleasure of meeting Tom in Glasgow during the 2005 Worldcon and found him very good company indeed. His Ryanair rant still get's mentioned by myself and Ser Barry from time to time.

Chris, if you read this, my thoughts are with you and your family on your sad loss.

RIP EHK

There are dozens of posts I could have quoted to say what I'm feeling right now. I loved reading EHK. He was intelligent and impassioned and left a huge impression. He will be greatly missed.

My most sincere condolences to you Chris, your family and all who knew him. RIP Tom. :smoking:

Oh no. What a loss. I always liked reading Tom's posts. Deep sympathies, Chris. :(

I think I'm going to go pick up some Three Floyds Alpha King or Robert the Bruce at the liquor store and have a few for EHK.

Terrible, terrible loss. Hopefully he rests in peace.

I had a work colleague from my floor die in an accident a week or so ago, but this feels far more personal than that did despite not getting really involved with the board for years. Such a great wit and writer lost to the world.

This sucks.

Chris, thank you for taking the time to tell us. EHK was a huge part of this board and it won't be the same without him. As you can see, he's touched a great deal of people here. My condolences to you and yours.

Goddammit, EHK. We miss you already.

This is terrible news. I really enjoyed reading his posts through the years. He was so eloquent, funny and passionate. One of the person able to admit he was wrong, too, although he would argue for all it was worth before that. He will be missed.

that is absolutely terrible news. ive been arguing with, debating with, sharing with, laughing with, admiring, hating, loving, EHK for the past 6 or 7 years.

fuck.

he will be missed. and remembered.

fuck

Agreed. You'll be in my prayers Chris.

RIP EHK.

Thank you so much for letting us know what happened. As you can see, EHK has been a big part of these boards for years and will be sorely missed.

Condolences to the family, all our thoughts are with you.

EHK and I initially mixed about as good as oil and water. Had some real tilts he and I, the kind that don't happen around here anymore. Over the years our philosophical and political alignments moved a little closer to each other, and he won my respect. Not sure if I had his. Doesn't matter. This has been a blow least expected. My vision's grown thick.

Rest in peace, brother angst.

What can I say that hasn't already been said by so many others?

Tom (I didn't know his name until I read it in this thread) was just a major part of the forum. He was such a major contributor to the parts of General Chat that I focus on, like the political threads, that it's hard for me to properly imagine what those topics will be like without him.

In many ways he symbolized what I love about the board. That I can find people with such eloquence talking about such a diverse set of topics with such tremendous passion. I wish I could have met him, and it saddens me that I will never have the chance.

Farewell Tom. I hope you have found peace wherever you may be. You are sorely missed here.

Archived