RIP EHK

EHK for Darwin

EHK :cheers:

Glad you enjoyed the Dolphin thread :)

I have been adding new topics to the EHK website when I get the time, there are topics in the Social Issues, Media and Cinema categories if you want to read: enlightenmenthk.net

Not that I wish to harass my kind volunteers, but out of the 7 people I sent the instruction document to none of you has done anything so far. I know you're probably all very busy, and I know what you're being asked to do is kind of repetitive and boring, and the methods in my instructions are rather pedantic, but if you could find the time to help it would be much appreciated. If you are having troubles don't be afraid to ask for help.

If anyone else would like to volunteer to help organise content (no HTML knowledge required) or build web pages for the EHK memorial website then please let yourself be known, either in this thread or by PM. Thanks.

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know today February 23rd, 2010 would have been Tom's 30th Birthday.

I am not good with words as Tom was, but would you all make a toast to Tom tonight with the finest beer you have.

Toast to is rememberance.

Tommy's two best buds are taking my dad out to a nice steak dinner to celebrate Tommy's 30th. He did love his steak, burgers more so I think.

I am going out to Buffalo Wild Wings aka Bdubs in Westminster Maryland. If anyone is close by, you can join me at 7:30pm tonight. Sorry for short notice. I have always been a last minute person. lol..

Tommy went to bdubs a lot. He enjoyed the food, the beer and the trivia. He also enjoyed BSing with everyone. The usual for him...lol..

Hope All is Well

Thank You All for Everything

Tommy's Little Sister

Crystal

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY TOM!!! WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. I totally forgot that EHK and I shared a birthday. Here's to you, Tom. I'll drink one to your memory, bud.

My 2 friends and I were out to dinner last night. Somehow we ended up ordering a couple of pitchers of some local micro-brew instead of our usual Miller Lite + cocktails.

The beer was awesome and even though I hadn't checked the thread beforehand I will credit EHK with somehow guiding us in the proper direction.

:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

I have been thinking much on EHK the last couple of days.

While I am someone who lurks much more than posts, I always loved reading the eloquence and passion in his political posts, whether I agreed with his positions or not.

Man, I wish I could hear his take on the health care law that just passed. :( It saddens me all over again to know we will never get to hear his views on this. :(

Man, I wish I could hear his take on the health care law that just passed. :( It saddens me all over again to know we will never get to hear his views on this. :(

I was just thinking the same thing. Although I'm quite confident that he would be pleased with the idea that the Republican Party has taken a great big step towards being destroyed. :P

• 3 weeks later...

I heard about this when it happened, but wanted to put my two cents in.

Though EHK and I never actually met, we went to school together at the same time (though he was a grad student to my undergrad), and often rooted for the White Sox together. He was always a pleasure to talk to in chat, and an all around good man. I'll never forget him, and he'll always remain in my thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was somewhat of a regular here a while back, but I probably haven't been on the forums for close to 2 years. Logging in this morning, I wondered how many posters would still be around that I would remember. EHK was very high on my list of people that I'd hoped I'd see still arguing like crazy here. I didn't know him personally, but the news of his passing saddens me. A very belated condolences to his family.

• 1 month later...

I came across this thread in a random google search yesterday and I was deeply shocked to hear that he'd passed away (yes, I'm the same "bowspearer" as the one in that thread quoted from dm.net). As a result, I've joined here so I can leave my own condolences for a truly great man.

I met EHK on Don Murphy's forums about 5 years ago. Now, the internet can be a place where the worst people are capable of can be clearly and blatantly on show, and in many ways Don Murphy's forums always have and continue to for the most part, be a part example of that.

Yet in amongst the worst of humanity on there was EHK, who in what was with a few exceptions, a truly negative experience, was a shining example of decency, and social justice. A man who believed in what he believed in and acted the way he acted, not through some sense of cowtowing to anyone but because he believed it was right regardless of who it might place him at odds with and he never backed down. I truly wish I had half of his courage and determination when it came to being true to himself.

My fondest memory of EHK has actually been preserved on this site, of him being on the side of decency in a mob of disgusting human behaviour, of him taking the role which put him at odds with most of the forum regulars, when so many others chose the easy path of mob mentality. I already had a decent opinion of EHK, but that display raised my opinion of his so much that I might as well have though the absolute worst of him beforehand- so great was my newfound respect for him.

When things eventually fell through with the forum, he was one of the people I would have liked to have kept in touch with, but wasn't sure how to get hold of outside of the forums.

While I try to avoid having them, this definitely classes as a regret, that I did not think to google search at the time- now I'll never get that chance, and it truly is my loss.

People often wonder why the world is in such a dire state, but when you look at people like EHK, the answer is blatantly apparent- like so many other great examples of humanity, he died far too young, before he could be where at a place in life, where I truly believe he would have been incredibly influential and a direct influence on this world returning to a path of justice and fairness- something I have no doubt he would have gone on to do in great strides had his life not been cut short. I will always remember him with a great sense of respect and admiration as he truly deserves.

It's often an overused cliche, but in the case of EHK, it really is true- the world is lesser than it was and and has truly lost something special with the passing of EHK, and yet at the same time, the world is so much of a better place because he lived, and those of us who had the opportunity to know him in one way or another truly were blessed and special for the experience.

RIP EHK, missed, but never forgotten.

After seeing the recent Lord Manwoody thread, I decided to look up the date in the this thread. This upcoming 4th of July weekend won't be the same this year.

RIP EHK, I'm sure you never knew me, but I enjoyed your posts all the same. You're extremely missed by everyone around here.

Its been a year and somehow im back in the same little guatemalan internet cafe where I first heard that EHK was gone. Crazy how time passes.

This place really isnt the same without him.

Archived