RIP EHK

EHK for Darwin

I just can't believe it, it's so sad. :(

I had the great fortune to get to chat and hang out with Tom in real life, and he was a really great guy. That he should be gone is so deeply unfair. Words fail me. RIP EHK, you will be greatly missed.

Shit! I missed the sticked thread all day and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. It's still hard to believe it's true. Like so many others, I always enjoyed reading EHKs posts on any and all topics. I was actually wondering the other day why he hadn't posted a rant on the latest True Blood episode yet.

I will miss him, and I am very sorry for his family and those who knew him betteer than I did.

Bloody Hell.

Like others, I am in shock.

We will sorely miss him. Most of us will have sometimes disagreed with him, but he had a combination of passion and eloquence that is all too rare, especially online.

My condolences to his family, who will of course feel his loss far more than us.

My wholehearted condolences to you and your family, Chris. I am so, so sorry that you had to deliver this news, but thank you for doing so. As you can see, EHK/Tom commanded the admiration and respect of most of the board for his eloquence, his take-no-shit attitude, his intelligence, his legendary rants and his love of beer. Mr. X and I even discussed trying to make it out to one of the beerfests that EHK used to go to every year, partly just to meet Tom and share a common interest. And now I've lost the chance to thank him in person.

RIP, EHK. You will be sorely missed. :(

Wow. I don't even know what to say. I saw a fellow boarder's Facebook status and ran here to see if it was true. This must be the first time I've cried over the loss of someone I never actually met in person.

I'll miss you EHK.

Archived