Exercise and Fitness VI

Greywolf2375

If you are getting better, you probably don't need to see a doctor. That said, I hate going to the doctor. I haven't seen one in years, so I might be a bit biased.

Anyway, it's probably a good idea to just rest a few more days. Trying to jog when you can't breathe properly doesn't sound like a good idea. Might delay your recovery if you push too hard. Also, if you had a mild case of the flu, or bronchitis, you'll feel the irritation in your lungs for a while, even after you've got rid of the bug.

I hate it that even if you've made your peace with the scorching heat, you can't live a life outdoors here in the summer. Phoenix blows and I'm out of here as soon as is readily feasible.

My brother moved out to Phoenix years ago for a job. He just got married this year and they both really want to move over to Reno to enjoy snow and sub-90 degree weather, lol. I hiked up a mountain one time with just a small bottle of water, and that was pretty fun. But I couldn't imagine doing that consistently, more power to you for keeping up outdoor activities in AZ man.

@ Mudguard: do you mean black toenail as in 'blood has dried up under it black', or like the toenail itself is legitimately black?

Has anyone gotten a black toenail before? I got one about a month ago from a hike. I'm guessing that it will eventually fall off, but it's still there after a month. How long is this going to take?

It might not fall off, you might just have to wait for it to grow out- I think I had a black toenail for about 2 years once. Consider painting all your toenails black.

@ Mudguard: do you mean black toenail as in 'blood has dried up under it black', or like the toenail itself is legitimately black?

Blood under the toenail. A lot of the blood actually wasn't dry apparently, even after several weeks. Some of it squeezed out on my last two hikes, so it's looking marginally better. Still pretty nasty looking though.

Eponine, 2 years is longer than I was hoping, but I'm patient. Painting my toenails would be too much work, so I'll pass on that.

Blood under the toenail. A lot of the blood actually wasn't dry apparently, even after several weeks. Some of it squeezed out on my last two hikes, so it's looking marginally better. Still pretty nasty looking though.

Eponine, 2 years is longer than I was hoping, but I'm patient. Painting my toenails would be too much work, so I'll pass on that.

That's crazy, I've never heard of that. It could be new blood that has been coming out. Maybe your shoes are too tight? I know that is sometimes a problem for runners if you put a pair of shoes on and they are too tight and then you just push on them for miles and miles. Then again I have a roommate who has blood under his toe nail and he's had it there for over 3 years.

The shoes are fine. I got it while kicking steps into the snow with my trailrunners for about half and hour, which don't have a reinforced toe. That was dumb. I'm pretty sure it's old blood, because the entire toenail used to look black, and now there is a large pinkish area in the middle now. The blood wasn't liquid like regular blood, but probably was gel like, I'm guessing. I think the clot needs to be exposed to air in order to harden and dry.

good thing: running after the sun went down yesterday after a couple days running mid day and I felt like Bruce Jenner again. I was averaging <9minute miles for 6 miles, which, while is pretty good for a part time amateur like me.

bad thing: running that late I can't sleep afterwards. Even taking an antihistamine as sleep aid, I was tossing and turning all night. I hate working out in the afternoon/ evening.

I started my cut phase yesterday. The headaches I had (have) from the lack of caffeine have been insane. It hurts. I'm sleepy. I want to stab kittens.

RARW! I love it.

(And I will continue to tell myself this until it's over :P )

Archived