More World of Warcraft

Lyanna Stark

Lyanna - I'm holy. I had a L70 shadow priest in BC, and I got my mage if I want to DPS. I dual-spec'd though so we'll see. I'll look at disc, since I just assumed holy was best and grabbed a spec. I think I do pretty well as a healer, although I fuck up occasionally with heal order, or using the wrong spell, and predicting damage spikes in fights (but assume that comes with more experience).

I ran as dk tank through nexus, and I sucked. Nothing THAT bad, but I don't have perfect situation awareness, and I get in faceroll mode with abilities... so I probably just need to practice a little more (only real fuckup was random add in the back which I didn't notice). I'll probably run the next level of quests in tank spec just to practice my rotations and shit so they go flawlessly, and maybe just get use to my extra tank abilities routinely. I also created a tank gear list and read up on stats and shit...

I then ran nexus with my priest in the same group. I think I did a FAR better job of healing than the healer I replaced. I think he was disc vs my holy, but I'm pretty happy with my wack-a-mole skills these days. I realize my last suck ass healing round with Team Gray was primarily to me not using prayer of mending, and also bothering to get circle of healing (not to mention I was 68 I think). Adding both spells to my rotation are the difference of people dying to aoes and circle giving me an opportunity to drop some big heals as well.

Yeah, if you have problems AoE healing, Holy is great, it just tends to suffer from mana issues at lower gear levels. Surgr of Light procs off CoH are also nice for some burst healing. When you raid heal as Holy, you can punch out insane HPS by just casting ProM every CD, lots of CoH and then using your SoL procs off CoH to burst even more.

For instances and 10 mans I still prefer Disc tho, as it is more solid and less reliant on mana management. :)

Strangely, I found stuff like heroic Loken easier as Disc than as Holy, hehe, mostly due to the Powerful "Borrowed Time" buff you get from shielding people. BT + PoH in 5 and 10 mans are made of win.

This is the standard 57/14 disc spec with Borrowed Time, Renewed Hope and Grace. 57/14 cookie cutter disc, although you can swap Divine Fury for Healing focus/imp renew or even spellwarding depending on fight. Inspiration is a must tho, as Disc are often superior tank healers and Insp is one of the best mitigation buffs you can get. :)

Disc is easier to heal with as well, imho, although it takes a bit of getting used to. Shield spam everyone, almost all the time, don't use Gheal unless absolutely necessary, nor renew. Stick to Shield, prom, penance and flash. If you need AoE heals, make sure you shield yourself or somebody else to get the Borrowed Time buff. If you're a bit tricky with your shield casts (I have a shield myself macro just to trigger BT) you can be almost haste capped all the time as Disc. Your shields have no CD, and you can cast them non stop on people, which is nice. My lvl 80 Disc sheld absorbs almost 8k damage, which is really neat. :) Combined with penance, FH and shield glyphs and you're set.

Holy is a bit trickier since there are several varieties. I have an AoE nuker spec with emp renew myself, but there are a couple of choices when it comes to viable Holy specs. The Holy tree has always been a bit bloated, imho. :)

I hate summer time.

Attendence goes to shit and we are left with the dregs of a raiding guild to try and work our way through content. Last night with only GV and YS up we ended up with 22 active raiders on. I just dont get how people can think it's ok to go all half assed for 3 months of the year.

I'm having a serious case of the Tuesdays. First I sat through a 4 hour math class where the teacher pointed out how much of a slacker and dumbass I am then someone almost drove into the back of me on the way home as I made a left hand turn.

And it's only noon! What's next? My pizza's gonna burn?

I need to kill some shit. *fires up WoW and pulls everything* EVERYTHING!

I just dont get how people can think it's ok to go all half assed for 3 months of the year.

probably because life >>>>>> WOW. You know...keeping shit in perspective and all that.

I'm having a serious case of the Tuesdays. First I sat through a 4 hour math class where the teacher pointed out how much of a slacker and dumbass I am then someone almost drove into the back of me on the way home as I made a left hand turn.

And it's only noon! What's next? My pizza's gonna burn?

I need to kill some shit. *fires up WoW and pulls everything* EVERYTHING!

Good luck with that, with it being Tuesday the US servers are down for weekly maintenance.

Unless you are playing on Euro servers, inc which case - enjoy.

I hate summer time.

Attendence goes to shit and we are left with the dregs of a raiding guild to try and work our way through content. Last night with only GV and YS up we ended up with 22 active raiders on. I just dont get how people can think it's ok to go all half assed for 3 months of the year.

I clicked this thread on a whim. This post very helpfully reminded me why I quit playing. It's important to do that once in a while, because I sometimes really miss playing.

Good luck with that, with it being Tuesday the US servers are down for weekly maintenance.

Do I walk into your kitchen and piss in your cereal? Cruel man, cruel.

This day is never gonna end. Someone get me Bill Murray on the phone!

I clicked this thread on a whim. This post very helpfully reminded me why I quit playing. It's important to do that once in a while, because I sometimes really miss playing.

Log on...play; how much and how serious you are is entirely in your control. I understand entirely why people take breaks, etc - but if you miss it, just play within your reasons.

probably because life >>>>>> WOW. You know...keeping shit in perspective and all that.

That is manifestly obvious, but if you are part of a raiding guild and you cant be there, then ask to be moved to a friend rank and not a raider, otherwise the 24 other people depending on you get screwed. When I have a project running, I get moved out of raiding because I cant attend I would expect anyone else who raided to do the same if something comes up.

Mandy, I usually run at around 300ms in 5 mans, but I have time zones to transverse as well as the laptop issue. Its around 900+ in raids. Not very fun to tell you the truth.

I have WoW dreams more than I would like to admit. My dreams are generally so vivid and fucked up, that the wow dreams don't really bother me.

Summer attendance is pretty shit for my 10man, but we're all pretty casual about it. If we have 10 we go, and if not we make fun of oTHOR. It seems to keep everyone happy.

Been levelling a DK tank. And having a blast! I don't remember my bear ever being so much fun. No one ever told me how much fun it was. Maybe I'm violating the first rule of DK Club.

Been levelling a DK tank. And having a blast! I don't remember my bear ever being so much fun. No one ever told me how much fun it was. Maybe I'm violating the first rule of DK Club.

Now you've done it. Nerfs incoming. Soon DKs will be a dead class like Shamans. We Shamans can't do anything but look pretty, we're all benched.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Or so the WoW forums tell me. :lol:

*snip* We Shamans can't do anything but look pretty *snip*

Blizz even took THIS away. Did you have a look at the new shammy shoulders?!

:ack:

On the bright side Rogue shoulders look awesome :love: . As people on the forums saying, Blizz must've mixed shammy shoulder with Rogue shoulder :P

Got three more heroics down yesterday - tank pants didn't drop from VH, but the tanking belt from AN and the blue neck from CoS did drop, so Leighana got some nice upgrades and got the crafted ring made too. For me it was an overall crappy night since I spent two hours swearing at myself for having died to Hadronox poison clouds. "don't F'n stand in the F'n green clouds". sad panda.

Now you've done it. Nerfs incoming. Soon DKs will be a dead class like Shamans. We Shamans can't do anything but look pretty, we're all benched.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Or so the WoW forums tell me. :lol:

I'm serisouly thinking most people on the WoW forums are 100% delusional. We've been trying to recruit shamans (we're talking ALL specs here) for months, and getting no takers. We'd probably take a shaman on if he/she seemed ok, but was still undergeared. I mean, this is prolly the only class we'd make exceptions for and take someone who seemed less than ok, just because raiding without totems and BL = utter fail.

We even did XT hard mode with one less healer and had our one (!!) resto shaman respec Elemental for the evening and lolspam some lightning bolts. His totems alone made up for one less healer AND the loss in DPS from a real DPSer. It really is that much of a difference.

Shamans are the only class you cannot live without on hardmodes. Haven't got a DK tank? NP. Haven't got a priest healer? NP, Haven't got a mage as DPS? NP again (apart from a dearth of water). But no shaman means no hard mode.

I'm serisouly thinking most people on the WoW forums are 100% delusional. We've been trying to recruit shamans (we're talking ALL specs here) for months, and getting no takers. We'd probably take a shaman on if he/she seemed ok, but was still undergeared. I mean, this is prolly the only class we'd make exceptions for and take someone who seemed less than ok, just because raiding without totems and BL = utter fail.

Yep. WoW Forums are like some kind of alternate reality. I'm surprised there aren't postings on how OP Rogue Holy spec is.

All I see is "Waaaah Shamans are a dead class, time to reroll!" on the forums, then I log in and chat it up with in-game shammies or people who have played a shaman or people who appreciate what they bring to a group and it's like night and day.

Provides me and GoN with some running jokes. She'll shelve me as soon as a Holy Priest comes along or when she goes Blood spec cause all I am now is a Bloodlustbot supposedly. :dunce:

Secretly I plan to replace her with a evasion tank rogue after the DK nerfs roll in.

We seem to have a wave of folk who have cottoned on to the fact that there is a hole/role to fill with a shammy in all raids, and have got quite a few shammies coming up the ranks. We are lucky to have one experienced resto shammy who raids with us, one elemental shammy who hit 80 last weekend, and a few more alts in the 60s and 70s who are being levelled as quick as possible.

Shammies are a lot of fun, gearing them is a pain though I find.

Yeah, I don't know what happened to shammies in WotlK. We had loads and loads in TBC, even tho paladins were a bit FOTM and Horde were all happy with pretty belfs and what not.

Did all the shammy players randomly reroll DK? It seems like 75% of the mages rerolled DKs, since we can't seem to find mages either, or maybe it's just us. :)

These days, it seems people are playing: DKs (DPS, not tank), paladins (leftover from TBC? they're all ret or ret PvP spec as well) and shadowpriests (they were unique in TBC, unique no more, yet loads of people seem to be all ZOMGSHADOWPEWPEWLOL).

None of which makes total sense either from a raid PoV or from a PvP PoV. While being shadow is kinda awesome (my priest looks like a ninja in shadowspec :P ) it's just more fun to heal on a priest right now, since two good and useful healing specs = yay, while there are a lot of ranged DPS classes out there.

Shammies are a lot of fun, gearing them is a pain though I find.

I dunno, once you hit 80 and can instance and start intro raiding, everyone wants a shammy for totems and BL, which means you get taken as a matter of priority, and nobody else wants spellpower mail (for ele and resto), while stuff like spellpower cloth has priests, locks and mages all over it, plus sometimes boomkins and resto druids, due to the stats. The AP mail only hunters are interested in as well, so you only fight one class over it.

Sometimes I hate Blizzard for creating harmonized spellpower loot, since you can easily end up with over 1/3rd of the raid rolling on your bloody armour pieces!!

All I see is "Waaaah Shamans are a dead class, time to reroll!" on the forums, then I log in and chat it up with in-game shammies or people who have played a shaman or people who appreciate what they bring to a group and it's like night and day.

The problem is I guess that rumours get around, and people who don't know much about the class in the first place may end up picking something else when they reroll or the first time they roll something. Sad really, since I think shamans are really interesting.

Only, I have like 5 alts on higher levels and can't cba to swap out my priestie. I keep thinking I should try and level a druid and shaman to some sort of decent level and compare healing with them, since I did a tiny bit of paladin healing in TBC (and found it so so, I was mostly prot tho and didn't have much gear).

Strangely, I think DK tanking seems far more awesome than DK DPS, but maybe it's just cos I think DPS is sort of dull in raids as it does not provide the variety that a healing or tanking role gives.

I actually found the opposite, Aratan, when I was levelling my Shamcow. Not that I had a problem with mail drops, but on top of that there were loads of cloth items being thrown at me by mages who didn't want it because it didn't have spirit, or hit, or because it had mp5 or haste. I was epicced out within hours of hitting 80, it felt like. Edit to add- cross posted with Lyanna, totally agree on the loot.

I don't get the dead class thing. Maybe its because they're not as OP as they were in Sunwell, but I can't imagine playing a healing class now other than shaman. And we're getting buffed on top of that? Okaaaay, I won't say no. I've been two healing Ulduar10 with a druid now for months, including hardmodes. Its hard for me to believe I should be replaced by a priest or pally. I think its the usual WoW-Forum-Oh-The-Sky-Is-Falling melodrama. Before shamans it was the lifebloom nerf that killed druids, or whatever problems priests imagined they had. Luckily the QQ from holy pallies will drown out all soon, although I see their changes more as buffs than nerfs.

And Grim only wants to replaces me with a rogue because he's on the B-Team. Damn uppity shamans should learn their place if you ask me.

I see lots of priests these days, but my EU10 man hasn't had one the entire expansion, not counting alts. I rerolled shaman within a couple of days of the expac coming out, and the other priest we had decided to make her mage her main. We did have one guy who was going to come back and play his priest, but I think he got gored by a bull or something, he fell off the face of the earth.

I played my spriest in an alt raid recently. Did alright, DPS wise. But I was bored to tears. Even mindsear can't soothe the burn. :(

Not too much going on for me. Levelling a DK tank in the few hours I have between work and sleep. Not getting much raiding done EU side because of summer holidays, not getting any raiding done US side because of time zones and sleep. Its a peon's life.

The problem is I guess that rumours get around, and people who don't know much about the class in the first place may end up picking something else when they reroll or the first time they roll something. Sad really, since I think shamans are really interesting.

Shamans and Mages are my true loves. But I'm not a raider anymore so I guess I just don't get it where all the whining on the WoW forums is concerned. I think you're right on with the rumors, I think stuff starts getting declared by the vocal minority and it snowballs into even more people accepting the fears as fact. They crunch their numbers and look at their paper, but they always forget the human variable, the people factor. Raids aren't about to bench a loyal healer, no matter what healer class they're playing. Not too mention, as we all seem to agree, Shamans are fine at least as far as resto PvE goes.

Oh, yeah...hit 73! Dragonblight don't want none o' this. Hmm...I wonder what this Evasion Rogue Tank wants to discuss?

Archived