More World of Warcraft

Lyanna Stark

Where would you recommend that I should go then as a level 74 toon?

Run instances and clear up all quests in the first three zones. There is plenty of XP to get you to the point that you don't need Grizzly Hills.

Did you get the "Might of the Dragonblight" achievement? Otherwise you've missed a couple :) There are loads of quest hubs in Dragonblight and some of them are quite easy to miss, like the stone giant hiding in a snowy valley near Dalaran.

Zul'Drak was a fun zone to level in, I thought. I thought Borean Tundra was kinda meh, and DB ok, just large. Storm Peaks definitely had the most fun quests.

I do not have the "Might of the Dragonblight" achievement, so I must have missed some quests, though I did all the ones in the Horde towns. So I will have to check elsewhere in perhaps northern Dragonblight.

I liked Borean Tundra since I could feel the Horde presence throughout the land, and I felt that in the Borean Tundra, you could really get an early sense of being besieged by the Scourge. Nerubians completely surround Warsong Hold in the quarry. Kel'Thuzad right outside on your doorstep. A crashed necropolis in the north. I did not do the quests in En'kilah, nor do I know how to get those. Then in BT, you get a good taste of the conflict between the Kirin Tor and the Blue Dragonflight. Vrykul raiding the tuskarr. And the mist-filled phased area of Garrosh's Landing. Or getting to fight back against Nesingwary with D.E.H.T.A.. There was just so much happening in the Borean Tundra. Howling Fjord was just vrykul, vrykul, and vrykul. But judging by Valgarde and other Alliance settlements, I think that most of this area is probably better on the Alliance sie.

Did my first run of UK and Nexus as Resto Shammy (72). This is the first time i played as a healer so it was exciting. Everything went pretty smoothly so found it a lot of fun. Earthshield was doing around 1k crits which was amazing (i think!). For some reason the only person i had trouble keeping alive was myself. I pay attention to everyone elses hp bar so much that i forget to look at my own :/

Plus, i have Bloodlust so i feel important :smug:

My kinda healer! :thumbsup: I'm the same way, I don't usually notice my own health bar till right before it empties out completely. My sixth sense kicks in just in time for a split second "not again!" moment. Good times.

Re: Grizzly Hills, I like it better than Sholazar or whatever. It's peaceful, got that lumberjack feel going. Plus I have a soft spot for it cause that's where I started to turn it on while leveling solo as resto on my last shaman. And my favorite Wrath instance was DTK.

About 2.5 bars from 75 right now but it's break time. We're outleveling Dragonblight but the quests must be done, it's a moral imperative.

Did my first run of UK and Nexus as Resto Shammy (72). This is the first time i played as a healer so it was exciting. Everything went pretty smoothly so found it a lot of fun. Earthshield was doing around 1k crits which was amazing (i think!). For some reason the only person i had trouble keeping alive was myself. I pay attention to everyone elses hp bar so much that i forget to look at my own

Totally sounds like me. That's why I got my insta-heal self thing... and pound it at the first sign of trouble. Maybe I have my wack-a-mole set up improperly cause I never see my own HP, so need to move it.

As for where to hunt, I'd recommend hitting up Shollazar if you liked stranglethorn. If you want to save some money, grind out your rep and start buying those eggs. I kinda liked the zone, but I did it on my epic flyer, so my experience may not relate. I'm planning on doing sholazar after dragonblight, but I never didn't zul'drak and grizly, so may try that instead.

You have to run the instances though. The loot is so much better off the quests, that a single run can make a huge difference. Between UK and Nexus which I ran in 30 min or so each, I racked in 4-6 blue items per char.

Guest thebadlady

75.5 on the rogue - did boringass tundra, howling ford, and Grizzly. Currently in DB, but hating the quests. Or I am having a bad case of the stupids this week so am failing to comprehend quest text.

I am Paul

I believe your experience with dungeon crawlers has tainted your appreciation of the vibrant, living world of Azeroth. Paul, we are no longer in fourth grade, scumming through Angband 2.9. You can't just poke around until you find Calris and then kick ass. This is a densely layered game of honor, reputation, and complex allegiances among living characters. A game of wondrous fantasy scenarios like wielding profound mystic powers and earning the respect of others. But if grid-based dungeon-spelunking is the apex of the gaming experience on your homeworld, I suggest you invest your time in PhatLewt for the iPhone. I hear they've got a hobgoblin infestation you might be able to help with. Or, hey, Evony.com has a nice, leisurely pace that might suit you better. But if you want to strive for immortality, then pay me heed.

I could, of course, go on for pages, but Onyxia's Lair is resetting shortly. In closing, I've been working a long time on this tauren druid, and I would like to fly into Orgrimmar without people thinking, "Hey, here comes Othgar, the tauren druid who leads lame expeditions that pick up a couple silver pieces for a night of work." As it is, I can't even talk to Cairne Bloodhoof without wanting to hide my face behind a Shadoweave Mask. And I was hoping to show up to BlizzCon this year with some accomplishments besides winning a hoodie in the Mountain Dew Game Fuel promotion.

The Destroyers of Infinity have lofty ambitions, and we have gotten Leeroyed by the likes of you too many times to let it go. Please choose where your allegiances lie, Paul, and have the decency to unsubscribe if you're not going to exert the kind of commitment that creates legends.

And I trust you will return your tabard and deposit all acquired wealth in the guild bank first.

Did AN in like 12 minutes with a hunter, rogue, and DK2. OK, it wasn't that fast, but it felt like it. Another quiet group. GoN thought for sure with the trifecta of hunter/rogue/death knight at least one would be a window licker. These are crazy days indeed.

GoN died yet again in the battle for UC event. I think she got hit for 83k. I'm not supposed to talk about it.

Over halfway to 76.

I just fished up all the glacial salmon I could carry then helped a priest and then a paladin on their respective group quests that I'm not on yet. Cause I'm that kinda guy.

I had a really weird Nexus run. We sailed through the dungeon until the last boss...where wiped on it a couple of times because the tank, instead of jumping up and down or moving slightly, ran around randomly all over the place. I kept getting tail whipped or hit by the breath. We tried telling him to jump, so next time he was jumping all around the room... :bang:. One of the tanks' friend was on the group, who whispered the tank (or something), and a couple of seconds later the tank quit cause his feelings was hurt. WTF?

Also, i've realised i have trouble using Bloodlust. I ran a DTK with a nice group and i forgot to use Bloodlust on every single boss....except the last. Where it was a complete waste :bang:. I'm so busy trying to not let anyone die, i always neglect my lil red icon of awesomeness :cry: .

Also, i've realised i have trouble using Bloodlust. I ran a DTK with a nice group and i forgot to use Bloodlust on every single boss....except the last. Where it was a complete waste :bang:. I'm so busy trying to not let anyone die, i always neglect my lil red icon of awesomeness :cry: .

Hehe, screw 'em. I fire mine off on the last boss whether it helps or not, just to say, "There, it is done." The other bosses are not worthy. Most of the Wrath instances are too damn short to even fire it off twice throughout. Need some BRD up in here.

First time I ran UK I had read up on the boss fights out of curiosity and knew the last boss gets rez'd so I ended up firing off Heroism too soon, while he's laying there dead, cause I thought he was gonna pop up rather quickly not have some SM Cath tender moment. Oops.

We had a wonderful late night Naxx 25 run last night and despite everyone being really pro, we wiped multiple times on the first boss in spider wing. So when the 'leet kids' quit, I invited guildies on alts and shit, and we we were all carried by the leet pug... at least until telling left from right destroyed us as a group.

And Manda REALLY sucks at following instructions. NOT ONCE did she pop bloodlust when I was screaming for it. WTF?

We had a wonderful late night Naxx 25 run last night and despite everyone being really pro, we wiped multiple times on the first boss in spider wing. So when the 'leet kids' quit, I invited guildies on alts and shit, and we we were all carried by the leet pug... at least until telling left from right destroyed us as a group.

And Manda REALLY sucks at following instructions. NOT ONCE did she pop bloodlust when I was screaming for it. WTF?

That was pretty much the greatest pug I've ever been in. I'm sure you'll all be shocked to find out I was extremely drunk by the end of it, haha. I can't even begin to describe the glory of that pug...from Kalbee, A-E-darg, and Steffo to the 65 year old raid leader that changed the loot rules so he could get loot but made sure to give the other token to one of our guildies' alts (who had rolled a 3, the lowest roll of about 5 people). Truly a wise man.

Old Kingdom, DTK, VH knocked out.

Only one problem person in the PuGs, GoN gave him the boot pretty early after he kept giving raid warnings and telling us not to skip the boss we were about to engage. Continued on and 4-manned it with two people who were just as confused by his behavior as we were. GoN said when she invited him he said he would look for a healer, she told him we had a healer (me) and he asked "who?" Then once we had 5 he said something about bringing a friend along as if the party wasn't already full. After she kicked him he threatened to report her for harassment. It was really bizarre behavior.

Met up with two casters, warlock and mage duo, for DTK and then VH immediately after. Had a nice DK along for the DTK run and then picked up a Druid who loves Shamans for VH.

Finished up Griz Hills, hit 77, got some upgrades, finished Amphitheater for GoN's new weapon. Done deal.

Other than that guy in the OK run and that DK from UK who stood next to me instead of attacking the mobs, we've had some really good peeps grouping with us. They're all business. Not a single "ne1 got a metr?" Looking forward to possibly grouping with them again for heroics.

Zul'Drak will be purged next.

Guest thebadlady

Poison is a woman's weapon, no truer words spoken. About to ding 76 on the rogue. 75 has been a hard level for me - I have been lacking motivation and beer. Need to do some instances and get geared - my best stuff is still my 70 epix. Le sigh.

Played the mage a bit today and couldn't find my vanish button. Maybe there is something to this stick to one character at a time thing. :P

Hate, hate, hate Dragonblight. I can't stand trying to run, not fly through places that have cliffs and valleys and uneven ground. Nagrand wasn't as bad because it was just broken down the middle, Dragonblight is broken everywhere. NOT TO MENTION...random elites in the goddamn trees nailing my ass to the branches when I wander off to pick flowers. So rude.

Am I high or is it absurdly easy to make gold? I am not even AHing shit unless its going to get me more than 25 gold - the mage gets the random greens for DE. I started out with a tad less than 200 gold and am just short of 2K now. Just one more level and I can FLY again. Thank god I already have epic riding on the rogue.

Been doing a lot of pickpocketing (maybe that is why I am pulling in gold...) and have found the most marvelous things!! I LOVE pickpocketing. Sometimes I will just go into a village and pickpocket everyone there and sneak out. I RP'd some of the items I got. I think growing up on a RP server shows. :lol:

Did some ten man hardmodes and had lots of bad luck with DCs and people's bars not working correctly for Flame LEviathan with four towers. Once we got that working and had a couple of goes, we down him, but we had at least 6-7 unecessary wipes before that which was meh and delayed us.

Did all the other hard modes up to Mimiron with no problems and then had a couple of goes on "Firefighter", which was fun, but at that point it was too late for people to be focued enough and we died to random shit and to more DCs.

Guest thebadlady

oooh, there is something I'd like to experiment on, if you will be my test subject. I had a potion discovery and it looks kickass - I want to know how much dps it ups.

oh, you aren't on. Still swimming? text me when you come on if I am not on and I will make you drink my bitch's brew.

A bit late to the table, but Enhancement dps is fine. Like many classes in ulduar our effectiveness varies from fight to fight. On fights where we dont have to run all over the place I do great. I'm usually top 3 on fights like XT, Kologarn, Auriya or Ignis, pulling up to 6 or 7k Fights where I have to constantly move like Hodir, Thorim, IC, Mimiron or Freya, I end up much lower like between 4500- 5k

I've been on vacation for ten days, and came back and even though I said I wouldn't be available to raid tonight I ended up going anyway. It was a crappy raid, because the tanks were shitty tonight. Ordinarily I would be pissed about this, but I am still laid back from being in Hawaii. Man... I missed being plugged in to the internet like you wouldn't believe, but I did not miss WOW at all.

Though I have to admit it was a little nice to come back and have the guild leader tell me personally that I was missed. Heh.

My first raid on the baby DK, Yay. I stood in the pretty blue circle, boo. First title, Twilight Vanquisher, yay. Hey, at least I avoided the large orange wave going across the screen.

Congrats Mandy and Greywolf. :)

I dropped herbalism for jewelcrafting on Sunday, so my priesty is now tailoring/JC. I had a huge amount of stuff gathered for it already and managed to hit 438 in one day, with only Essence of Undeath and the training cost (patterns are pricey!) in outlays. Still made me go -400G or so, but oh well. Some of the proceeds seem to be selling really well, and if I can get into gear and mine saronite like a little crazie on my pally (epic flying mount + crusader aura = win) I'll be sorted I think.

Need to be good and actually do the JC dailies so I can get new designs and stuff tho. And my +27 int gem(s) for Vezax. Yum.

Insomnia + painkillers apparently equals exalted with Timbermaw.

Got to try Algalon-10 for a while too - our best attempt was mid 40s. The fight isn't that tough, but there are a couple neat twists to it that I like. At least in 10-man; in 25 man I can't imagine the kind of damage a tank will be taking. He hits damn hard and damn fast.

I think we'll be able to get him down next week.

Archived