More World of Warcraft

Lyanna Stark

It has been about four weeks since rolling a DK on QD and I am very happy to have done so. Running with FnB is great fun and have found some pretty cool and helpful ppl in guild.

Thanks for welcoming us. We thought about committing to the new server and guild for quite a long time (months) before making the change. Left my other toons where they were (crossing fingers for faction change soon) and have not been disappointed.

Hit 78 on DK and Shambot last night. In Zul'Drak, my favorite zone easily. Been levelling mining. Isn't that fun. Not much to report. I'm sure I jumped off something and got us killed in the last couple of days, but other than terrain we are invincible. Waiting for the patch to drop so we can get cheap mounts, please. Oooh, and talent reset for the DK. I'd hate to have to spend the 5 gold on a respec.

Did a heroic on AD EU on Sunday. Brought my ret pally since playing my shadowpriest puts me to sleep. Did decent DPS. Might have done more if I had switched out of my pvp gear. Doh.

3.2's loot system is going to kill me. Items with the same name but one is an upgrade over the other? Items that are the same but are different depending on horde or alliance?Gah.

Yeah, need some cheap flying mounts up in here. At this rate we'll be riding off of cliffs well into 80. I can see my house from heeeere... And gathering herbs without flight is getting me on a first name basis with every mob in the zone. While I like Goober, Fingerstank, and Kenny well enough, I'd rather just fly over them but don't tell them I said that.

Checked out the PTR for a sec. Totem bar is nice but clunky and inferior to the mods already out there. 150% normal flying mount flight speed increase is nice. Got a little oracle pet for doing the Dalaran orphan quests. The new druid form variations are hot.

Had connection problems Sunday and went to the driving range to hit some golf balls for the first time in a couple months so didn't get much done WoW-wise on Sunday.

Gundrak down!

A hair from 79. Zul'drak purge complete. Operation: Nessingwary Bought Me This Car will be underway next.

Another quiet crew for the Gundrak run. Bosses went down so fast I seriously have doubts a healer was even needed. And get this...not a single blood elf in the entire party. Crazy, I know. And no I don't have screenshots to prove it.

Probably gonna spend some quality time farming easy honor in WtG soon. To pass the time till 3.2 hits.

Poor GoN, she's gotta pull the aggro train off her herb crazy Shambot who only sees yummy dots on his radar and nothing else.

Stupid work. I had to bail on our utgarde keep run and then missed a D-team 10 man ulduar. To the one attorney who kept me at work until 2am: suck it!

I got a purple helm drop from the fiercest boss in the game. I believe his name was Steg Hoe. :D

yeah, we knew you thought the group sucked and dropped..."I gotta work"...lame... :P

D team? My dear...I need to set foot in Naxx before I can even get to be water boy on a team. Was kinda fun...having overgeared tanks and heals for the 10 man did allow us to get XT with about 1/2 a second to spare on the enrage timer. Kologarn...well...since I was 2nd on DPS at about 2800 or so, yeah, we were a little short to get that done. fun times tho!

Gundrak was fun last night. Wasn't sure it was going to happen at first, didn't have any DPS biting for the longest time, and the ones poking me wanted to go to UP instead. Cluebat: if I wanted to go to UP, I'd LFMs to UP. I'm subtle like that. Finally got a mage and a druid, when I get a whisper from a lvl 73 DK asking to go. He says he's three bars from 74, so I figure what the hell. We could probably two man it if we had to, so I'm willing to give anyone a shot as long as they don't annoy the fuck out of me. I think Grim was sceptical.

He's too low to summon (lol) so we clear trash while he makes his way to us. Shows up, the whole run goes smooth buttah. His DPS isn't great due to level difference but we were killing shit so fast anyway, it hardly mattered. And he wasn't annoying. So all in all, he gets the pug stamp of approval.

Some friends of mine apparently spent 6 hours in a Naxx10 pug yesterday. They did clear it all in the end, but the raid leader gave the axe to a Holy/Prot pally much to the dismay of the 2 ret pallies and 2 DKs in the party, and then ninjaed the cloak from the mage who won the roll. Classic. :lol:

And Sam Raimi making a world of warcraft movie. Wtf?

I was in that Ulduar-fail too, with my MIGHTY 1400 dps. Plus my Vent was acting up for most of the fight, so I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to be doing.

We did surprisingly OK, though, considering how awful I was.

Helped fill out a mostly pug Ulduar on my paladin.

Really, I wanted EoV. Should have held out for an OS25 group, but eh.

Started off horribly, then became good, then bad:

They were up to Auriaya, though Iron Council and Ignis were still up. We pulled, the MT died almost instantly. But the OT managed to hang on to everything and we ended up 8-manning the fight with relative ease. That was the good. Unfortunately, they couldn't get Iron Council, and we banged our heads at Hodir without frost resist a couple times.

Still, it was nice to dps a real fight.

Got my account hacked last weekend, but there has been a happy outcome. All my gears and mats were returned last night, still gemmed and enchanted (I had heard that gear was returned in its raw state, so would have had to pay for regemming and re-enchanting).

In addition, I gained 60 Emblems of Valor, which was pretty sweet. Here's how it happened. More by dumb luck than anything, I figured out I had been hacked (booted out the game, couldn't log back in). Went to my WoW account and changed the password there on the website, and logged in to my account.

Immeidately saw that my main and another level 80 had lost a ton of gear, and in addition, my main had a set of the 60EoV BoE plate bracers in his bags. But thanks to the new cooling off period on such pieces, I was able to return them to the badge vendor. Reported my account hacking to a GM, and have spent the week levelling an alt. Because I caught the hack partway through, the goldseller didn't work his way through my other toons (including two personal bank toons); nor did they get a chance to look at the guild bank, where I am an officer and have access to our 'purple goodness' tab.

When my gear was returned, the investigators saw that the badges were spent by the hacker, and returned them. So not only did I get them as a bonus, I also have a chunk of gold because the goldseller was dumb enough to leave it on each of my toons instead of transferring it to one of his.

Before anyone posts about gaining stuff I shouldn't, the EoVs were used to buy high end gems and Frozen Orbs for the guild bank.

That sucks. How the fuck are all these hacks happening btw?

Little paranoid about mine... but I got more important shit that can get hacked outside of WoW that i'd be more concerned about. Fuck the guild bank, someone cleans out my investment account and I'd be seriously fucked. But I guess its easier to steal wow account shit and not get in trouble rather than steal real money...

That sucks. How the fuck are all these hacks happening btw?

Little paranoid about mine... but I got more important shit that can get hacked outside of WoW that i'd be more concerned about. Fuck the guild bank, someone cleans out my investment account and I'd be seriously fucked. But I guess its easier to steal wow account shit and not get in trouble rather than steal real money...

I read somewhere that 60% of new virus/trojans target WoW in some way, either as part or totally their payload. They do this because WoW is valuable, easy, and hard to enforce or charge. Bank accounts are much, much more strictly regulated and are felonies if caught; often people being hacked is largely a victimless crime, given that blizzard almost always restores things.

Not always, mind you, but close to it.

So it's lucrative with very little drawback. It's quite a good racket for criminals. Yet another reason not to support RMT or gold farming or character buying.

Archived