Cast of Game of Thrones: Sean Bean confirmed

NoSpeakEnglish

Bean will play Lord Eddard "Ned" Stark, known for his sense of honor and justice, who becomes closest adviser to King Robert (Mark Addy).

Kit Harrington will play Jon Snow, Bean's bastard son, and Harry Lloyd will play Viserys, a powerless ruler who seeks to marry off his sister to a powerful king. Jack Gleeson will play Joffrey, King Robert's son.

I read this on yahoo news so check it out.

Here is the original source

[edited to clarify title for discussion]

Was just wondering whether there was a thread dedicated to actors who may be fans of asoiaf and/or have expressed to be involved in a live-action incarnation of the books? Would be pretty kewl to discover someone like Mickey Rourke was a diehard asoiaf fan and would CRUSH SKULLS to play the hound :P

Holy shit. That's a lot of news at once. Oh my god, this is really happening, isn't it?!

I think Mark Addy might be perfect. I've been looking for pics of this Kit Harrington person but have had no luck. Anyone else?

I wish they'd said who's playing some of the women's roles.

I've been looking for pics of this Kit Harrington person but have had no luck. Anyone else?

No luck either.

I imagine they're not finished casting, so the article just gave us what they've got to this point.

Harry Lloyd seems a fine choice for Visyers. He was one of the Family of Blood aliens on Dr. Who and here he is as Will Scarlett on that Robin Hood show. I remember him as being quite good on those Dr. Who episodes he was in.

The only good picture I can find of Jack Gleeson is from Batman Begins. He looks REALLY young there - the movie was only 4 years ago, but perhaps he's grown up a lot since. I will assume they've taken all considerations into it in casting the role. I'm not certain how old he actually is.

Quick summary:

Ned Stark: Sean Bean unless you've been living under a rock for the past 20 years, no description needed

Robert Baratheon: Mark Addy Most notably the lead in the TV comedy Still Standing and supporting roles in such movies as A Knight's Tale and The Order

Jon Snow: Kit Harington A stage actor, AGOT will apparently be his first screen role.

Viserys Targaryen: Harry Lloyd Played Will Scarlett in the BBC's Robin Hood TV series and Jeremy Baines in the Doctor Who two parter Human Nature/ The Family of Blood

Joffery Baratheon: Jack Gleeson Played the young boy in Batman Begins who kept finding himself everywhere the action was.

I especially like the selection of Mark Addy and Harry Lloyd . Lloyd's performance in Doctor Who had just the right level of cruelty to it that Viserys needs.

I think this picture of Addy from "A Knight's Tale" (along with the great Alan Tudyk) captures well how he will look as Robert.

Hmmm, now let's just get Tudyk in this thing and all will be perfect (he would make a great Littlefinger, come to think of it - I'm sure others have mentioned it before me).

I was quite surprised to see Mark Addy's name, have you guys seen him in any non-comedic roles that I need to check out, because at the moment I'm having a hard time picturing him as Robert, and an even harder time hearing him as Robert.

Otherwise, Harry Lloyd! I remember when reading the book that I couldn't wait for Viserys to piss off, but now I know for the series that I'm going to dread it.

Jon looks good (I wonder how much older than Jon he is, he's at least 17) and has theatre experience which is good.

Joffrey, I'll have to find out more about.

Sean Bean is an excellent choice of course.

I was quite surprised to see Mark Addy's name, have you guys seen him in any non-comedic roles that I need to check out, because at the moment I'm having a hard time picturing him as Robert, and an even harder time hearing him as Robert.

I can tell you we have seen Addy's audition tape (Robert and Ned at Winterfell), and he was excellent. Although it was a quick reading, he had a catch in his throat when he referred to L, and his physical presence is that of a man who was once very fit and powerful, gone to seed thru too much good food, good drink, and too little joy in the life he finds himself living now. We liked him immediately.

Jon looks good (I wonder how much older than Jon he is, he's at least 17) and has theatre experience which is good.

The interview that Ran linked in his "Latest News" announcement says he's 22. He looks young enough to me, though, so that's all that matters.

Archived