Cast of Game of Thrones: Sean Bean confirmed

NoSpeakEnglish

I can tell you we have seen Addy's audition tape (Robert and Ned at Winterfell), and he was excellent. Although it was a quick reading, he had a catch in his throat when he referred to L, and his physical presence is that of a man who was once very fit and powerful, gone to seed thru too much good food, good drink, and too little joy in the life he finds himself living now. We liked him immediately.
Excellent to hear! I'd love to hear more about Harington and Gleeson if you care to comment.

I can tell you we have seen Addy's audition tape (Robert and Ned at Winterfell), and he was excellent. Although it was a quick reading, he had a catch in his throat when he referred to L, and his physical presence is that of a man who was once very fit and powerful, gone to seed thru too much good food, good drink, and too little joy in the life he finds himself living now. We liked him immediately.

Hi Parris. :)

Mark Addy sounds excellent for Robert. Was the audition tape with Bean by any chance?

I'm getting excited about this now! I can see all those choices working really well (know nothing about the kid, but Joffrey shouldn't be too challenging). The guy they've got for Jon has done a lot to take away my fears about age too. I was like "argh, 22 for someone who was originally 14?", but he looks the part for sure. I feel more relaxed about the casting in terms of appearance too - they're definitely going alone the lines of what I imagined.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Targaryens. I can't see silver hair working with that kind of complexion. They might be able to get it near enough I suppose.

Fantastic news!

I can really see Mark Addy working as Robert - never crossed my mind before, but yeah, I can see it. And obviously, Sean Bean is just an utterly amazing piece of casting. This really does feel like it might just happen!

Any word on any of the female cast members yet?

Hi Parris. :)

Mark Addy sounds excellent for Robert. Was the audition tape with Bean by any chance?

Mr Bean's status is such he does not need to 'read' for a role. Once an actor reaches a certain level, they no longer read, they 'take meetings'.

Would be pretty kewl to discover someone like Mickey Rourke was a diehard asoiaf fan and would CRUSH SKULLS to play the hound :P

You know, I'd never thought of Rourke as the Hound, but now that you mention it, his current body type and facial structure caused by a hard driven life and too much 'work' done on his face over the last 15 years or so, certainly could work in his favor if B&W ever considered asking him to consider the role. But The Wrestler did to some extent revive his career, so he might not even consider doing a series. He's never raised a sword or done combat in any of his roles I'm aware of. I have no idea how large he is in life, don't know if he's 5 foot 2 or six foot three, but you do have an interesting and outside the box idea with this.

Mr Bean's status is such he does not need to 'read' for a role. Once an actor reaches a certain level, they no longer read, they 'take meetings'.

And fair enough too.

That is very good to know. Man, of all the castings today, this is the one I'm terribly excited. I can't wait for him to have that scene where he talks about Lyanna.

Great stuff! Finally some actual casting news!

Oh damn, now I'm even more excited than before. Now my heart will be even more broken when the series is aired for the first time and I can't see it :( . Damn you Denmark... Get HBO!

Still, I'm excited for the series. Both Dinklage and Bean are huge successes, and I don't doubt for a second that Bean will be a great Ned. Addy as Robert sounds great as well, for while his role was mainly comical in A Knight's Tale, he still did a great job, and his current physical condition clearly spells out Robert to me. Great choice.

I think this picture of Addy from "A Knight's Tale" (along with the great Alan Tudyk) captures well how he will look as Robert.

Hmmm, now let's just get Tudyk in this thing and all will be perfect (he would make a great Littlefinger, come to think of it - I'm sure others have mentioned it before me).

You know, that was the first thing I thought when I saw Addy's casting. Needs more Wash. He'd actually make a fantastic Edmure Tully.

I think we are in good hands!

I can totally see Addy pulling this off. Robert is RARELY saying anything without a touch of humor or sarcsm under his breath, so I'm not surprised a mostly comedic actor is up for the role. Check him out in A Knights Tale if you haven't already. Your fears should be squelched.

One has to wonder, with the confirmation of Sean Bean, whether GRRM's prophecy means at least one more "Bean" will be announced before the show is fully cast. I for one certainly hope so!

...ryan

Archived