Cricket VII

Paxter

Time for a new thread.

Looking forward to Day 5. Haddin and Clarke's fast rate of scoring has kept the Aussies in the hunt. This has the potential to be a truly awesome day of test cricket.

god...

i am going to pull my hair out if the aussies manage to pull this off

this is going to be the death knell

in other news, pakistani twerps battle sri lankan twats in an essentially meaningless fixture

pakistan's managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory during the last couple of games so doubtless they'll endeavour to do the same this around - meanwhile most of their supporters can no longer be arsed

the west indian 4th XI is about on par with bangladesh

i am not sure what's worse - the parity or the fact that the fourth XI is playing a test match....

Regarding referred catches, I agree that the Australians should be upset that the umpires weren't consistent but I don't think that catches should be referred at all. Television pictures generally don't help so the umpires should be making the decision.

Cheers, Horza. We got the breaks with the weather and the umpiring this time. I'm beginning to think it's going to be a very close series, if only because both teams are not that good. It's like the 80s all over again!f

If it wasn't for the fact that there were serious concerns over the fitness of Flintoff and Pietersen, I would be fairly confident that England can pull this off. But those two injuries could really level the playing field.

As far as Australian selection goes for the next test, I would be seriously considering dropping Siddle for Clark.

*mumble mumble you should have been listening online from work like me mumble*

Workplace not so conducive to cricket-listening, since I work mornings in a call centre with no internet and definitely no radio. ;)

Ah; poor you. My advice: get out of the call centre before your brain implodes and you stop being able to write. And find an office either with a door or where your only neighbours are two blokes who also spend much of the day listening to Test Match Special through headphones. :)

Sir Frederick of Flintoff, we salute you. What a great way to finish your final Test match at Lord's.

Swann's bowling was also key, let's not take away from that.

Can't believe we have to wait over a week for the next isntalment!

Archived