Authors as actors

The Pita

First off, I want to say that I want GRRM to cameo in this at least, or have a big role. I don't know which.

However, there are other authors who look like characters.

If Alan Moore can act, I really want him in the show. He could be an amazing Aeron Greyjoy. If not that, maybe he could be Aerys in flashbacks. I could definitely see him as Aerys.

Neil Gaiman. In

clip, he goes from fatherly to terrifying in an instant. Had Sean Bean not been cast, I would've wanted him as Ned, but other than that, he could be anyone in the cast. He looks tall, but I don't know his height. He could be an excellent Littlefinger, I think, or any character. I don't know who else he could be, but that man should act.

I realize this is impossible, but does anyone else have any ideas for authors who would be great as character?

Gardner Dozois could play the inn keeper that Arya stays with (when Hot Pie is with her?) I don't remember his description, but obviously he's a friend of Martin and I doubt people would complain about the show not staying faithful to the description of such a minor character. If Martin has the pull to get people little roles like that this is. Although this role is further into the books, who knows if we will get there.

And hey, Daniel Abraham could be a member of BwB. Obviously I used these two just because they co-wrote Hunter's Run ;) . Mine aren't based on ability at all. Most likely you'd just see a cameo from anyone that is an author.

Goodkind as Viserys. I'm pretty sure I was wishing that death scene upon him 5 pages into Wizard's First Rule (by page 30 my eyes had begun to bleed and I put it down).

Oh, and Scott Lynch looks like a decent enough Theon Greyjoy.

I want to say that I want GRRM to cameo in this

I was just thinking that before I saw this thread. :o

I can see him in a roll in King's Landing, mabye as part of the Mob that attacked the Royal household.

In order to appear in the pilot, George could play a Stark houshold guard. In fact I think this would be fun, since in lots of conventions he explains that when writing he likes that even the minor characters have some depth, and uses to put the example of the spearmans that stand behind the main actor in a play without saying nothing. It would be fun if he ended playing the spearman himself. :)

I vote for George to play Tomard!

Archived