Kit Harington confirmed as Jon Snow

Werthead

From here:

"My next project is a TV programme. It’s a new HBO series. They do shows like Band of Brothers and The Sopranos. The show I’m in is a mythical fantasy based on the books by G R Martin. In this one I have a pet wolf! I’ve never done TV before so it’s a whole new area for me. We’re filming in Ireland but will be released in America first then it comes over to the UK."

He seems excited about the wolf. No-one's told him about the hot wildling girl yet then? ;)

Perhaps even as we're sitting here writing, Kit's sitting back immersed in those huge books, discovering Jon Snow, pausing as he reads to think about this or that nuance, this or that line. How exciting must that be! I'm almost jealous!

He says in his interview:

My taste in reading, theatre and film is usually quiet dark and isn’t particular[sic] heart warming and funny.

He chose the right series to star in, then (though ASoIaF can be quite funny, but it is in a dark way, always).

Perhaps even as we're sitting here writing, Kit's sitting back immersed in those huge books, discovering Jon Snow, pausing as he reads to think about this or that nuance, this or that line. How exciting must that be! I'm almost jealous!

If I could pick a single person from the cast and "make" them read the books, I would choose Dinklage I think... I hope they all do, though!

If I could pick a single person from the cast and "make" them read the books, I would choose Dinklage I think... I hope they all do, though!

:agree: If any character needs the actor playing him to read the books its Tyrion but Dinklage has played a bunch of roles that are very similar to Tyrion and he is an amazing actor so i have no worries

• 5 years later...

Sorry for resurrecting a topic, but I need to comment this...

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-star-kit-harington-regrets-having-to-keep-his-hair-long-for-hbo-show-9948539.html

I would much prefer he opted for a wig, since his natural hair was nothing like I imagine Jon's hair, but I don't think he's an idiot because of that.

Heck, when I saw the topic title, I thought it was a joke about Kit Harrington finally impersonating a proper Jon Snow.

Note : I wouldnt have agreed with it, since I think he's been a pretty terrific Jon Snow since day one.

Archived