Just me?

Sis Who Swears

• 4 months later...

Minor bug on the new board at the moment is that when editing a post with emoticons in, they keep getting turned into text like:

uhoh.gif

The only way to return them to their graphic form is to go into the full editor and write the bbcode version e.g. : uhoh : (without the spaces).

Now I want to know the in-joke which led to : ph34r : ('phoar!'?) being the :ph34r:

*feels un-l33t*

I wonder, do you have the RTE editor on from your profile? I believe that may be at issue. Since is normally disabled for users -- but it's used by the board software itself whenever it pulls in an emoticon -- it may be that the RTE isn't quite figuring things out.

I wonder, do you have the RTE editor on from your profile? I believe that may be at issue. Since %7Boption%7D is normally disabled for users -- but it's used by the board software itself whenever it pulls in an emoticon -- it may be that the RTE isn't quite figuring things out.

Aha - yes I do. I thought I'd try it because I was having such trouble editing before with the page jumping to the top all the time. I've turned it off now and will see if that cures the emoticon problem. :)

ETA: Testing....

ETA2: Yes! :bowdown:

Well, I guess it could do me (and everyone else) good if I have to write short posts to get round the jumping problem...

What's this page jumping issue you're referring to?

When I try to edit long posts (I am too prone to write these), I get problems when I am trying to insert new text say 2/3 of the way through, it keeps shifting the view window to the top of the post to I can't see the bit I am editing any more. Sometimes I try and scroll down again and it just keeps knocking me back to the top (though I believe the cursor remains in the right place: I just can't see it).

I'm using IE. But somebody else mentioned the issue as well - kungtotte I think.

Archived