When can we expect another casting announcement?

daimonion

Ah, hadn't realized.

Werthead, I'm PMing you the cast list...

Great. Now Werthead will be saying: "I know some cool stuff, and you don't." :smoking:

Dear producers, can you at least confirm you hired UK actors?

The only little clue I wouldn't mind seeing would just be a hint as to whether any of the unannounced actors who have been cast would be considered broadly recognizable -- with long TV and/or feature credits (on either side of the pond or, indeed, away in Australia...), ala Bean and Ehle. Obviously, there's a bit of danger of raising expectations and then discovering that they're all fine theatrical actors few have yet heard of.

But it's all very exciting, I can say that much for sure. :)

Ah, hadn't realized.

Werthead, I'm PMing you the cast list...

Interesting! I must admit Morgan Freeman wasn't immediately who I was thinking of for Arya, but maybe that could work...

Interesting! I must admit Morgan Freeman wasn't immediately who I was thinking of for Arya, but maybe that could work...

Damn. I was sure they were courting Jack Nickelson... "Yeah... Right... Poke 'em with the pointy end." <trademark grin and arched eyebrows>

Damn. I was sure they were courting Jack Nickelson... "Yeah... Right... Poke 'em with the pointy end." <trademark grin and arched eyebrows>

No, he's playing the voice of Drogon. Yeah, in the TV version the dragons talk.

YAY! D&D...is there anyway that YOU could ply George with booze for us and then just kind of nonchalontly put a laptop opened up to "Not A Blog" for us? I would, but there's that whole stalker, breaking and entering, being in Jail when the announcments come out thing...and if that happens you will be my phone call from jail. So Pweeze? I'll buy if you fly....

Wow. Amazing news with Morgan Freeman on board. Never would've guessed it, but should've seen it coming. Too bad that, according to this, Nicolas Cage won't play all of the remaining Stark kids (with the exception of the bastard Snow, of course) after all. :)

Dragons talking is an excellent news either. Can't wait to hear them singing "Ice Ice Baby" in the musical episode (or the Others will sing it? I'm confused a little...).

Jokes aside, I'm extremely excited about the news (or, in this case, the news of more news coming). The cast so far is pitch-perfect and dream-like. Thanks, David & Dan.

So Wert...now i'm wonder...maybe ghost will real juggle in that scene with ser Alister ( a cirque du soleil in a whiye wolf suit)....any clues of that happening on your list?

Fifty people watching this thread right now. I'm always amazed at how 'plugged in' so many people really are and how quickly they're able to flock to an info site instantly. It's like everybody has a 'magic news-buzzer' in their skulls that starts beeping at the first hint of news. Except me! I sort of wander around cyberspace in a fog, mumbling 'what's going on? what's going on? nobody tells me anything!' gotta get me one of those magic buzzers...

:lol:

Dragons talking is an excellent news either. Can't wait to hear them singing "Ice Ice Baby" in the musical episode (or the Others will sing it? I'm confused a little...).

You're confused. The dragons' big musical number is going to be "We Didn't Start the Fire". The Others are actually going to be doing the "Thriller" dance.

Dexter's Matthew Willig expresses an interest in a 'forthcoming HBO pilot'. I could be wrong, but I believe GoT is the only announced upcoming HBO pilot, so unless I'm wrong it has to be for that.

Lots of people are saying the Mountain, as he's not far off 7ft in height, but the Mountain ain't in the pilot. Anyone else come to mind? I think he's too big and maybe too old for Drogo, and if they cast him as Sandor they'll need to find some insanely huge guy (probably augmented by CGI) to do Gregor.

Shagga??? First thing I thought of when I saw him as Malark. :D

His American accent should not be a barrier to playing Gregor though, the Mountain that Rides does not speak much. :P

My only regret is that one of the other dragons won't be voiced by Marlon Brando. :P

Wow. Amazing news with Morgan Freeman on board. Never would've guessed it, but should've seen it coming. Too bad that, according to this, Nicolas Cage won't play all of the remaining Stark kids (with the exception of the bastard Snow, of course) after all. :)

No, Meryl Streep is getting those gigs. She's just about affordable if they pay her once for several characters with few lines. I look forward to her interpretation of Sansa with lemon cakes, which Streep can partly base on her experience playing Julia Child.

... D&D, thanks for the head's-up! :)

eta: Matthew Willig as Hodor?

lol ,i swear this forum is the funyest thing ever, we go from a serious announcement about casting being announced soon(extra soon i hope) to dragons singing and thriller(still confused how that came up)

I hope they announce tonight though as i have work i will not see it until tomorrow. BTW Jaime is one of them aperantly as George hinted at worldcon. hope they have a cercei that fits the Jaime on as well.

Archived