When can we expect another casting announcement?

daimonion

so, on the Wertzone, there is the comment "...until HBO officially announce it." on HBO.com under "buzz", the first listing is Malin Akerman, at a dinner. She isn't attached to any projects at HBO is she? yet?

i like playing connect the dots.

so, on the Wertzone, there is the comment "...until HBO officially announce it." on HBO.com under "buzz", the first listing is Malin Akerman, at a dinner. She isn't attached to any projects at HBO is she? yet?

Hmmm. I wouldn't kick her out of bed ... I mean I would not be adverse to her playing Cersei. :D

Although if the casting is going to open up this much to American actors, what about Ali Larter? No quite as big a name as Ackerman, but has successfully played the bad girl (and good girl).

hmmmm... she's gorgeous. A good Cersei, I think. Too 'grown-up' looking for Dany, I think. Anybody know anything about her?

Thieves was a great book. Hoping to see that turned into a movie at some point.

David and Dan, since you seem to have a few spare minutes on hand, do you mind answering a question? I was wondering if you guys plan on having the actors read the books at all? Is it something you guys would encourage or would you leave it up to the individual actors to decide?

Great question! I'm curious about this as well!

~ Jane

hmmmm... she's gorgeous. A good Cersei, I think. Too 'grown-up' looking for Dany, I think. Anybody know anything about her?

I've only seen her in "Watchmen" but found her rather bland. Not to speak for anyone else, but I remember quite a lot of people online expressing negative opinions towards her acting in the movie.

Malin Ackerman is only in her mid-20's so I think she's too young for Cersei, and too old for Dany.

Ali Larter would make a better Cersei, IMO, but I bet she is busy (and American) so no go.

Ali Larter is gorgeous, but mediocre actress. If I were casting... I'd pick someone younger than Cersei is in the novel, so that towards the end of the run, she is about the right age. But that's just me.

Ali Larter is gorgeous, but mediocre actress. If I were casting... I'd pick someone younger than Cersei is in the novel, so that towards the end of the run, she is about the right age. But that's just me.

They've cast actors older than the characters for Ned, Catelyn, and Tyrion. Why should Cersei be an exception? Every time I see people suggesting these young early 20s actresses for the role, I assume they've forgotten that Cersei needs to be believable as the mother of a teenage boy.

No, Meryl Streep is getting those gigs. She's just about affordable if they pay her once for several characters with few lines. I look forward to her interpretation of Sansa with lemon cakes, which Streep can partly base on her experience playing Julia Child.

Well, I think we've already decided that Meryl Streep is a real life Faceless Man, and will be playing all the roles that haven't yet been cast.

I'm very much looking forward to her Hodor. And seeing just how well she can play both Jaime and Cersei in the same scene.

In the WorldCon thread dajamieson says this:

"GRRM mentioned both Jamie and Theon have been cast but he can't give out details."

I was hoping for some casting info today from GRRM, but it looks like this is it.

She is described as 32 years old in the casting side, so I agree. Though an early 20s actress can certainly be aged-up as needed. Whoever she is, she needs to have Cersei's gorgeous looks combined with that hard-edged 'reptilian' vicious streak. Such an important role!

I get home from jury duty to find there is actually sort-of-kind-of some news. Nice. Well, this is exciting.

Regarding Matthew Willig - he has a look very reminiscent of Ron Perlman, whom we all know was always the person GRRM talked about as who he saw playing The Hound (albeit, a younger Ron Perlman). I don't know what he's like, acting-wise, but I think The Hound makes sense there (assuming he was even talking about Thrones and assuming he's even in the running).

They've cast actors older than the characters for Ned, Catelyn, and Tyrion. Why should Cersei be an exception? Every time I see people suggesting these young early 20s actresses for the role, I assume they've forgotten that Cersei needs to be believable as the mother of a teenage boy.

Alright be logical then. Nicole Kidman it is. :D

I get home from jury duty to find there is actually sort-of-kind-of some news. Nice. Well, this is exciting.

Regarding Matthew Willig - he has a look very reminiscent of Ron Perlman, whom we all know was always the person GRRM talked about as who he saw playing The Hound (albeit, a younger Ron Perlman). I don't know what he's like, acting-wise, but I think The Hound makes sense there (assuming he was even talking about Thrones and assuming he's even in the running).

I thought this instantly when i saw him, he has the Ron Perlman look. I repeat, can anyone describe his acting ability?

Well, according to someone over on WiC, they really are looking for a Dany who is eighteen or over, but looks fifteen, so I'd say Malin Akerman is out of the running for Dany.

Maybe we could build a time machine, and go back to 1992 and snatch Jane March just after she finished shooting "The Lover," and before she shot "Color of Night."

Malin Ã…kerman is actually 31 years old (6 days younger than me, I see). A bit young for Cersei given the aging up of characters, a bit old for Dany, but I suppose not an utter impossibility either way. If it's her, we'll have to try and use the Swedish angle to get more info. ;)

That said, the Buzz photos don't seem to have to do with HBO specifically, so I would not speculate very far at all.

Actually, according to Wikipedia, that fount of all knowledge, she's 31. So Cersei-ish age.

I stand corrected! But I do think they whoever they cast for Cersei will be older--probably around 35-37 age, playing early 30's.

Archived