An interesting email

ogbebaba

Conan Stevens sent me this email

Thanks John, I have an Australian Agent organizing to send some stuff off to the HBO casting people through their Australian Casting agency, we'll see how things go from here...

Thanks for the heads up, it got the ball rolling at the right time, regardless that I told the Agent to look out for this role previously,

Conan.

is HBO's Australian casting agency involved directly in the GOT casting?

any way i hope he gets the role I can't think of any other actor who would be better for the role

Is this legit? Its dated Wednesday, 07 March 2007 something like 8 months (I think) before it was confirmed that HBO got the rights to do the pilot.

And this really made my stomach knot up. (I do understand that things HAVE to change for a TV adaption..but my god that sound so B-movie'ish).

Quote:

"Gregor Clegane is a huge knight a result of experiments by Qyburn who was working on a master project to build an "undefeatable champion" . He ordered a massive suit of armor, too huge to be worn by any human, for this purpose. His extended experiments on Gregor Clegane seem to factor into the size of his final creation."

Is this legit? Its dated Wednesday, 07 March 2007 something like 8 months (I think) before it was confirmed that HBO got the rights to do the pilot.

And this really made my stomach knot up. (I do understand that things HAVE to change for a TV adaption..but my god that sound so B-movie'ish).

Quote:

"Gregor Clegane is a huge knight a result of experiments by Qyburn who was working on a master project to build an "undefeatable champion" . He ordered a massive suit of armor, too huge to be worn by any human, for this purpose. His extended experiments on Gregor Clegane seem to factor into the size of his final creation."

yeah he made that page a way back in 07 and he Didn't read the books. actually that's why I first contacted him to tell him the stuff he got wrong on his page I guess he just never got around to fixing it...

They won't be casting Gregor unless and until the show gets picked up. Right now they are only casting the pilot and Gregor doesn't appear in that episode. I don't think he shows up until the Tourney of the Hand, or perhaps a bit earlier standing around at Court - but he doesn't make a big splash until the tourney, at any rate.

yeah he made that page a way back in 07 and he Didn't read the books. actually that's why I first contacted him to tell him the stuff he got wrong on his page I guess he just never got around to fixing it...

Well, Conanstevens.com appears to be down right now.

Perhaps he is fixing it this very moment.

He would make an excellent Gregor.

Is there a thread that lists all the oversized characters in ASoIaF? Because HBO is going to need quite of few of these big guys. From the Mountain that Rides on down:

1) Gregor Clegane

2) Hodor

3) Sandor Clegane

4) Khal Drogo

5) GreatJon Umber

6) Robert Baratheon

I know I am missing a ton more.

There's also Brienne, and Jaime is no midget. There are probably more huge adult characters than normal-sized ones in ASOIAF. They could even get away with average-sized actors for the big characters and shorter actors for the average characters, as long as the ratios work out.

Is there a thread that lists all the oversized characters in ASoIaF? Because HBO is going to need quite of few of these big guys. From the Mountain that Rides on down:

1) Gregor Clegane

2) Hodor

3) Sandor Clegane

4) Khal Drogo

5) GreatJon Umber

6) Robert Baratheon

I know I am missing a ton more.

the great john and the small john

the titans bastard

and many more that i can't think of

Left and Right. Don't forget them.

Also forgot Areo Hotah. There is also supposed to be a huge Iron Born who is better at the finger dance/fiercer warrior than Clegjaw, something "the Maid" is all I remember. And not sure if Fat Belwas is supposed to be as tall as he is wide. :D

• 2 months later...

A wile back I emailed Conan asking about the audition and today he sends me the following email

Hi John,

I never said I was auditioning for GoT, but here is news on the audition that everyone thinks is GoT:

http://www.conanstevens.com/acting-movies-...s-audition.html

:)

Well at least we know he has a sense of humor.

although maybe he forgot we exchanged emails about GOT way back in November of 2008

Also forgot Areo Hotah. There is also supposed to be a huge Iron Born who is better at the finger dance/fiercer warrior than Clegjaw, something "the Maid" is all I remember. And not sure if Fat Belwas is supposed to be as tall as he is wide. :D

That's Andrik the Unsmiling, who doesn't show up I think until Feast. Qarl the Maid's a much younger guy, very short appearance in Clash.

Archived