An evil teasing post from GRRM

ogbebaba

I don't think GRRM would ever describe Jaime or Sandor, two of the most complex characters, as 'monsters of inhuman cruelty'. That would be Gregor, who is not in the pilot and won't need to be cast for a long time.

I don't think his post has any hidden meaning at all, unless "Hiya, kids, hiya, hiya, hiya" means that they've cast the four remaining Stark kids. Which wouldn't be that exciting, since they'll likely be unknown actors. A big exciting announcement will be one of Catelyn, Jaime, Cersei or Sandor for me.

you mean besides the fact that he would be a pretty bad Jaime... nothing against Brad Pitt (loved him in various roles). I just don't see him doing a Jaime, without everybody going - it's BRAD PITT! But I guess that is kinda off topic and talked about a zillion times before.

Jennifer Ehle is great, however. Perfect, perfect, perfect! Curious what the other news is. I'm betting on Varys and Drogo being announced and indeed the green light for the series.

I mean seriously, with this casting line-up you cannot say no to a series. You simply cannot.. you'll make a fool out of yourself. If you knew nothing of aSoIaF, can you imagine hearing any 'fantasy-based' show starring Sean Bean being cancelled because of a bad pilot? Somehow it would be somewhat too humiliating for everybody involved, including Bean.

My guess is: as soon as they landed Bean they knew they were making the first season and are using his name now as well to draw in other quality actors.

I would not hold my breath, guys. Just because some major roles seem to be cast very well, just because they have a solid director and a solid script, and so on and so forth, still doesn't mean HBO will take it up. They've got a lot of hard decisions to make in regards to what they're developing, and there'll be a host factors deciding with GoT will go forward.

I would suspect the biggest reason they might pass on it will come down to cost, in the end. It's going to be really expensive to film if they want to do it justice, and no matter how many fabulous actors they get, that's not going to change.

"I am a monster of inhuman cruelty" is an anagram of "Refashion a rum mum into Catelyn". Clearly some alcoholic MILF has been cast as Catelyn.

Now we need to check whether Jennifer Ehle loves rum. :D

Ehle wasn't my favourite for Catelyn, but she is a very capable actress, so she should do fine. :thumbsup:

Monster of inhuman cruelty = Sarah Palin = Other

So they've cast Sarah Palin in the pilot as one of the Others in the first scene. Simple! :thumbsup:

Don't forget that Palin supports the slaying of wolves.

SPOILER: SPOILER
This opens up the possibilities for Lannisters, Freys, Boltons, or damn near anybody in the series.

How about Rowan Atkinson as Varys?

He played Blackadder before, indeed a monster of inhuman cruelty. And weren't there some episodes in which our current "House" actor (can't recall his name) always came leaping in saying 'hiya, kids, hiya, hiya, hiya'.

Not sure though... but I'm going with Rowan.

Archived