I'll start the gun control debate

Damn it. Damn it to hell. Well, if you ever change your mind, I'll be around.

On a serious note, if your gun owning friend ever invites you to do sporting clays or skeet, I would recommend it. It's actually pretty fun and a bit more interactive than shooting holes in paper with a handgun. Interestingly, I shoot the clay targets much better when I imagine they are Dick Cheney's face...

+1 to that!

Sport clays are about the the most fun you can have with firearms.

Say a knife. Do you know how hard it is to actually make a knife from scratch? All you need to make chemical weapons is some everyday chemicals and some basic knowledge of chemicals. I bet even you could do that Mackaxx.

Despite having a PhD in biochemistr the making of a making a decent sized chemical weapon would still be a massive pain in the arse, and thats with access to a uni lab.

If I had to make one 'from scratch' it would be impossible and require some serious facilities to get from raw materials to weapon.

Or must the knife be made 'from scratch' and not the chemical weapons? Because if I had certain materials a knife would be done in a jiffy.

I'm curious how did you come by your original position as hard core Right to Own if you don't mind my asking?

Easy. I learned to shot while in high school (JROTC) and qualified expert and joined the rifle team. I participated in shooting competions and loved it. Went in the army right after high school and although I was never very "strong" I still scored expert shot. My (first) husband was also in the army and when we were stationed in Germany he had to shoot for the first time in 6 years and he sucked, so we bought a couple rifles and went to the range every weekend and I taught him to shoot. When I became the NCOIC (non-commissioned officer in charge) of my field office, I had to learn to shoot a handgun so we bought one and practice out at the range.

I also had a shotgun and used to go hunting with my army buddies.

I have also shot quite a few different automatic weapons and even light anti-tank weapons.

I loved shooting. It was the most amazing thing I had ever done. The power and control. (yeah, gets me all excited thinking about it...just can't help it)

So we had 4 guns in the house and 2 small childern. All the guns had trigger locks, were in locked cases and the bullets were stored seperately and locked up. We never once considered the guns as home protection.

So there I was, all pro-gun and rather right wing to boot. 6 years later, I have changed a lot, and part of it is the experiences on this board.

Archived