WorldCon

I can only surmise that he was clearly being racist against the Portuguese. We are pretty low on the totem pole of white people.

Ethnic profiling from the SITTING-DOWN POLICE. Do NOT stand up to this outrage. Sit down! Freedom!

In any case, the theme was loosely "The Iron Islands." George serendipitously wore his Greyjoy shirt and the drink was the Blood of the Kraken.

I woulda made squid-themed buttons had I known. Perhaps the BWB logo in the grasp of kraken tentacles?

Kat: :lol: I had forgotten that guy. The one that did improv poetry on the streets, allegedly including Paisley and Slough. Who had that plan about how the highways should all be raised ten feet to avoid death by deer. Yeah, he was amazing.

I had forgotten about the raising all the highways bit. Oh well. I'm sure he'll still remember my name next time so I can continue that conversation.

Also, all the Tim Powers recommendations at WorldCon motivated me to take out Last Call from the library yesterday. I'm only sixty pages in, but the book has blown me away so far.

Yesssss....my evil plan is working.

OK - I have finally fixed my BWB photo Gallery and uploaded new pictures from New York, Montreal, Niagara Falls and Toronto.

MG's Brotherhood Without Banners Photo Gallery

This also includes photos from New York and Denver last year and also some never before seen pics from this year's Euro meet in York.

If anyone would like to add photos or comments to the gallery please email me on [email protected] to request an account. You can also use that address to add me on MSN if you want to chat to me.

just got back from our vacation -- I don't know if I'm up to reading the whole thread! :stunned:

I wanted to thank everyone involved and especially the organisers-- the party was awesome! too bad I didn't get to spend enough time with the BwB, cos everyone was great, and I really enjoyed meeting everyone I hadn't met before :)

I only have a few pics, but i'll upload them later anyway.

eta: there is a slight mistake in the lords' list, john has only been to 2 worldcons so far :P

Shut up, you.

I was involved in cases of mistaken identity all weekend. Half the BwB wanted to send me out on the quest, a few others wanted to give me a lordship and Mina was sure i was Fenryng.

I did go on the quest in the end, more because i wanted some poutine than any other reason. I was back late because i was keeping a group of n00bs company that Ser Scot had enticed into a bar next door to the poutine place, and then abandoned (he downed a Guiness so he could be first back, I didn't even think that was possible!). So, when i arrived back at the suite Daj whipped away my poutine, which I was looking forward to enjoying myself in a dark corner, and MG manhandled me into the line for the knightings. It was only by pleading piteously that I was knighted in Glasgow that he eventually let me go off to another part of the party (he's a big guy).

There's one thing that still needs clearing up from that night. LoOn and I were standing outside the poutine place when Ser Scot came out and told us he was really drunk and who did we think was the cutest girl at the party? We both kind of ummed non-commitedly, so Scot told us he really loved his wife and he was really drunk but there was definitely one girl at our party cuter than anyone else, clue - she wasn't wearing a dress (further probing revealed she wasn't wearing a catsuit either although chataya was "really really pretty"). So who was the mysterious cutest girl at the party?? Posterity needs to know.

There's one thing that still needs clearing up from that night. LoOn and I were standing outside the poutine place when Ser Scot came out and told us he was really drunk and who did we think was the cutest girl at the party? We both kind of ummed non-commitedly, so Scot told us he really loved his wife and he was really drunk but there was definitely one girl at our party cuter than anyone else, clue - she wasn't wearing a dress (further probing revealed she wasn't wearing a catsuit either although chataya was "really really pretty"). So who was the mysterious cutest girl at the party?? Posterity needs to know.

I didn't know about that clue, *checks photo's* Ooooh I was right, I do know who it is.

With as many beautiful women as we have in the BwB, it would be rather presumptuous for me to consider myself the cutest girl at that party, wouldn't it, son? ;)

This whole "cutest girl at the party" thing is kind of hilarious. Reminds me of the story of Paris and the Golden Apple, starring Ser Scot as Paris, john as Eris, and BWB Women in Pants as the Goddesses. :lol:

Archived