Worst Lines from the Leaked Script

SergioCQH

"dipped your wick" is by far the worst line, in my opinion. Partly because it sounds so sophomoric; partly because the line in the book made much more sense in terms of character and scenario.

There's no reason for John to blow up over "dipped your wick", and when the script has him doing so he seems flaky and lame.

There's a big reason for him to blow up over "wait until you've fathered bastards of your own", and when he does so he seems natural (drunk and angry, but naturally so).

I'm not thrilled about some of Ned's new lines. They make him sound more like a cocksure youth like Theon or an immature "badass" like Jaime rather than the mature, level-headed man he is in the books. But with the right body language and voice inflection, Sean Bean can sell those lines.

1. Ned Kneeling to Robert in the crypt while accepting the position of the hand.

2. Reversing the lines of Rob and Jon in the execution.

What's wrong with kneeling in the crypts? He does it in the books too...

Ah but does Tyrion do the famed somersault of the wall? :P

Nope. Instead, he leaps off the wall, and only because he's blind stinking drunk. And hurts himself landing. All of which sounds more believable to me than the original scenario did! :lol:

Nope. Instead, he leaps off the wall, and only because he's blind stinking drunk. And hurts himself landing. All of which sounds more believable to me than the original scenario did! :lol:

That's not good. That's made me like Tyrion. And it's not unrealistic that he could do that.

Jaime was attracted to Catelyn when they were teenagers.

He was?

Anyway I agree with all 3 of those lines. One can only hope they will be gone or rewritten. I personally hate the whole whore scene with Tyrion and Jaime... I'm going to cringe when I see that and hear those lines.

He was?

Yeah. There's a scene in AFFC when he arrives at Riverrun when he thinks back to being brought there by Tywin as a teenager, for a possible betrothal to Lysa Tully. He found her annoying and found her older sister far more interesting, but unfortunately Catelyn was already betrothed to 'some northern lord'. I, at least, read that little recollection to say that had Catelyn been the one on offer for betrothal, he wouldn't actually have minded much.

... I personally hate the whole whore scene with Tyrion and Jaime... I'm going to cringe when I see that and hear those lines.

What are you talking about? That scene is brilliant if done right! It achieves a lot in a minute or two of screen time: introduces two major characters and demonstrates their typical traits, as long as their interaction as brothers. And it has a naked chick in it. What else do you want?

Thanks for the info Silverstar, I do recall that now :)

What are you talking about? That scene is brilliant if done right! It achieves a lot in a minute or two of screen time: introduces two major characters and demonstrates their typical traits, as long as their interaction as brothers. And it has a naked chick in it. What else do you want?

It's tacky, that's why I don't like it. And that line about the smallfolk who have nice tits, ugh! You may be interested in seeing a naked whore, but I couldn't care less.

Archived